The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

We Love Huttball

cronpants

Huttball is the only pvp map in any MMO worth playing. And, considering how many great maps have been designed in a multitude of FPS games, it's actually quite crazy at how badly instanced pvp maps tend to be designed in MMOs. It's like no MMO game designer ever spent their youth playing such classics as Unreal Tournament, or Wolfenstein, Counter Strike, etc.

I had lost all hope for an intelligent MMO pvp map, and then Huttball appeared. Sadly, after we got Novare Coast, I'm starting to think the design of Huttball was a happy coincidence, as Novare Coast was an almost 180 departure from the greatness of the Huttball map/game design. :(

Please institute a Huttball intramural league with snazzy social gear rewards and titles (and zero gear-driven motivators), completely separate from the senseless gear-driven ranked warzones you recently implemented.

I miss pre-1.2 PVP when Huttball was the ONLY same faction PVP zone. It was beautiful on servers where you were heavy on one faction. Now Huttball is a rare occurrence on some days :mad:

On the 7th day, Lord Giradda said "Let there be Huttball." And there was Huttball, and Lord Giradda saw this was good.....on the other 6 days, Lord Giradda rested.

Huttball is by far the most innovative game concept introduced in themepark MMOs in the last 10 years, I love it and I'd like to see more Huttball maps in the future, as a growing pool of warzones threatens to lower the number of Huttball pops when queued.

As a Voidstar hater as many in this thread, I found the mid wall in the first room as a much needed improvement of the wz, so that I hate it less, now.

Hutball is my fav too! I think the MVP votes would be helped by some better stats at the end... who scored, who assisted (pass to person who scored), who intercepted, who did damage to the ball carrier, that kind of thing. I usually have no idea who scored, since I'm often dead-and-in-the-respawn when it happens. :) 'Course, some things that are valuable (I think) are hard to rate - like was that non-ball-carrier kill a random deathmatch thing, or was it killing the enemy guy waiting in the goal? Did your use of flash-bang stop 4 guys beating on the ball carrier and allow her to make the score?

I agree that they need to add more warzones like Huttball, but maybe with some different mechanics. I think one really cool but hard warzone would involve doing some platforming to score the win. Could be insanely hard with all the knockbacks, though, so maybe they could add some "knockback immunity" powerups.

Huttball? Don't you mean leap/pull/sprintball? Sorry but that map sucks and is completely unbalanced and favors specific classes WAY too much.

Only if you want to be the ball carrier. Holding midfield is as strategically important as immortally/quickly going to the score line or to the perfect passing position.

Huttball? Don't you mean leap/pull/sprintball? Sorry but that map sucks and is completely unbalanced and favors specific classes WAY too much.

Translation, if I cannot be the most important player I dont want to play. Helping another player score? Whats the point of that?

Im a gunslinger, Ive scored maybe once. I LOVE huttball its the best map, with all those high perches. I can stun and kill people going after my ball carrier, I can knock people off ledges, I can stun and kill the enemy ball carrier. SOMEONE HAS TO DO THAT.

You need defence and strategy as well as scorers.

Huttball = best thought out and implemented WZ. If you dont like it cuz you cant carry the ball, roll a class that can or be support. Or run cowardly crying from the que realizing u r bad. ;)

Translation, if I cannot be the most important player I dont want to play. Helping another player score? Whats the point of that?

Im a gunslinger, Ive scored maybe once. I LOVE huttball its the best map, with all those high perches. I can stun and kill people going after my ball carrier, I can knock people off ledges, I can stun and kill the enemy ball carrier. SOMEONE HAS TO DO THAT.

You need defence and strategy as well as scorers.

Huttball = best thought out and implemented WZ. If you dont like it cuz you cant carry the ball, roll a class that can or be support. Or run cowardly crying from the que realizing u r bad. ;)

I can carry the ball just fine, and I win most of the time, just stating a fact that huttball relies too much on specific classes. It is not huttball, it is leap/pull/sprint ball. If you don't have any of those in huttball you will lose.