The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Anyone else surprised no nerf to Pyro in 1.3?

dardack

Not really, considering marauder has been heavily complained about pre 1.2 and it got buffed in 1.2.

This is a case of mara is overpowered, nerf operatives kind of thing except this is pyro is overpowered, nerf shields.

Pyro is getting hit with 1.3, same way that the DPS Operative is getting hit.

Resource-dumping during DPS cooldowns is no longer going to produce the same kind of damage. Pyros will have to use more of their CC in a offensive capacity, and will be required to manage their heat more dealing a more even level of damage. Sustained damage classes like the marauder will not be hit as hard.

Resource-dumping during DPS cooldowns is no longer going to produce the same kind of damage. Pyros will have to use more of their CC in a offensive capacity, and will be required to manage their heat more dealing a more even level of damage. Sustained damage classes like the marauder will not be hit as hard.

^ that pretty much, vengeance jugg, madness assassin & sorc, perhaps AP PT, lethality operative, all snipers, even lightning sorc won't be hit so much. And assassin still has access to burst through recklessness.

Edited by Sookster

What changes am I missing when reading notes talks about this?

I do fine burst without em.

The issue I have is healers cross healing are going to be more difficult to kill without them now.

i dont see how anyone doesnt see that this is going to be a huge problem. it was before. and on my server every republic team seems to have at least 3-4 healers (and we have none) and beat us senseless. its really getting annoying, i can't imagine how bad its gonna be after 1.3 goes live.

We're easily the most overpowered class in the game along with marauders. Hopefully they nerf our damage down a little to bring us in line with other classes.

for pvp:

1. darkness/kinetic assassin/shadow

2. annhi/watchman mara/sent

3. sawbones/medic scoundrel/operative (no other healer can even approach them atm)

4. any type of juggernaut or guardian (all 3 specs AND split combos of them all very effective)

5. lethality/dirty fighting sniper/gunslinger (b/c we aren't beating equally skilled ones on dmg, they're flat out better at it)

6. pyro/assault pt/vg

Edited by ShiroRX

We're easily the most overpowered class in the game along with marauders. Hopefully they nerf our damage down a little to bring us in line with other classes.

I don't agree we are the most OP. Check mara's, Op healers, Jugg's, shadows/sins. I agree we are up there, but there are equal other classes with us or higher.

i dont see how anyone doesnt see that this is going to be a huge problem. it was before. and on my server every republic team seems to have at least 3-4 healers (and we have none) and beat us senseless. its really getting annoying, i can't imagine how bad its gonna be after 1.3 goes live.

Um 8 man premades. All dps focus's 1 at a time while CC'ing the other 2-3. The problem now is, when I solo q, I'm the only one on the healers. I can with adrenals kill a healer with cross healing (unless Op healer with another Op healer cross healing, focus the non Op healer first to kill them otherwise). But yea in 1.3 if your only one on healers forget it. Pugs suck.

Were fine. Sure were strong, but only with a brain behind the keyboard. There are plenty of classes that don't need a brain that will get hit before us.

I'm sorry bud, but I play a vanguard and it is by far the simplest class to play in any mmo I've experienced and out of the 8 in swtor... c'mon even a commando needs to juggle more things. When i pvp i hit maybe 4-5 buttons and people explode. on my sentinel however i'm keeping track of what feels like 8 cool-downs, and making sure my dot rotation doesn't get out of whack, etc.. i'm not trying to argue I just really take issue with anyone suggesting a brain needs to be behind a PT. it's the class to play when you just want to mash your keyboard and kill stuff

Edited by Huggsnotdruggs

I'm sorry bud, but I play a vanguard and it is by far the simplest class to play in any mmo I've experienced and out of the 8 in swtor... c'mon even a commando needs to juggle more things. When i pvp i hit maybe 4-5 buttons and people explode. on my sentinel however i'm keeping track of what feels like 8 cool-downs, and making sure my dot rotation doesn't get out of whack, etc.. i'm not trying to argue I just really take issue with anyone suggesting a brain needs to be behind a PT. it's the class to play when you just want to mash your keyboard and kill stuff

If its so easy, where are the others? I feel like an island to myself. I thought at first it was a symptom of being on a dying server like Mandalore. But even on the west consolidation of Bastion, I am still an island to myself performance wise. I see others with the gear, trying, but it seems even in war hero most can't even align their burst to reach 5k+, let alone play well enough for a match to compete with me.

It isn't difficult, you're right. Vanguard is the second easiest of my classes (lvl.30 shadow easily being no.1). But I ask again, where are they?

Edited by ShiroRX

If its so easy, where are the others? I feel like an island to myself. I thought at first it was a symptom of being on a dying server like Mandalore. But even on the west consolidation of Bastion, I am still an island to myself performance wise. I see others with the gear, trying, but it seems even in war hero most can't even align their burst to reach 5k+, let alone play well enough for a match to compete with me.

It isn't difficult, you're right. Vanguard is the second easiest of my classes (lvl.30 shadow easily being no.1). But I ask again, where are they?

really? every wz i join has at LEAST 2 vanguard on my side, and at least 2 powertechs on the enemy side. haven't joined an exception to that in weeks

really? every wz i join has at LEAST 2 vanguard on my side, and at least 2 powertechs on the enemy side. haven't joined an exception to that in weeks

Oh I see them in games (far more powetechs than vanguards) but they just aren't bringing it.

ballin' so hard like my miami heat lol. im admittedly a lunatic tryhard in every game tho.

Edited by ShiroRX

Did you change your avatar after getting royally ripped on your last ten pvp forum posts? Sheesh overreact much?

PT's are so simple to kill, and so easy to make them wet noodle hitters. They have 2 very weak CC's, an easily countered RNG Damage (shield the TD, stun after RS, cleanse the dot). They can frontload damage, but then they are easily torn up by any halfway decent Operative/Scoundrel or Juggernaut/Guardian. On my Scoundrel, I fear the Jugg, AP Pt, and Merc more than the pyro. Sure a Pyro will eat you alive if you don't cleanse and kill, but so will a sniper and sage.

Just because they hard counter your fotm rolling sentinel/marauder, doesn't mean you can jump on every forum to complain about a class you haven't figured out how to beat. it's simple, cleanse, and stun. They have only 1 CC breaker, and no way to escape at all ever. So please don't tell me the class that has the least amount of defensive cooldowns and zero ability to escape plus the simplest counter in the game needs to be nerfed.

What needs to happen is for you to be taken aside and taught how to play properly.

Oh I see them in games (far more powetechs than vanguards) but they just aren't bringing it.

ballin' so hard like my miami heat lol. im admittedly a lunatic tryhard in every game tho.

The difference between the incompetence and competent in every other class compared to the VG/PT is huge. Thanks to the contributions from the greatest community out there. No one community has provided more info and gameplay tips. If you can't become semi decent as a VG or PT in pvp than you have done zero research on the subject. I always tell new vanguards and powertechs to go check out the swtor forums. They always go really, I thought the forums were full of trolls? I state, "Not the PT/VG's"

Did you change your avatar after getting royally ripped on your last ten pvp forum posts? Sheesh overreact much?

PT's are so simple to kill, and so easy to make them wet noodle hitters. They have 2 very weak CC's, an easily countered RNG Damage (shield the TD, stun after RS, cleanse the dot). They can frontload damage, but then they are easily torn up by any halfway decent Operative/Scoundrel or Juggernaut/Guardian. On my Scoundrel, I fear the Jugg, AP Pt, and Merc more than the pyro. Sure a Pyro will eat you alive if you don't cleanse and kill, but so will a sniper and sage.

Just because they hard counter your fotm rolling sentinel/marauder, doesn't mean you can jump on every forum to complain about a class you haven't figured out how to beat. it's simple, cleanse, and stun. They have only 1 CC breaker, and no way to escape at all ever. So please don't tell me the class that has the least amount of defensive cooldowns and zero ability to escape plus the simplest counter in the game needs to be nerfed.

What needs to happen is for you to be taken aside and taught how to play properly.

I'm not certain you were meaning to quote me... if so I'm not sure why. this has been my avatar since day 1, same sig even and I am not stating I am a sentinel main... I have both and play both a lot, I enjoy them equally I was stating that vanguards/pts are incredibly simple to play. sheesh overreact much?

lol...There are TONS of fotm vanguard and pyrotechs.

I know there's a ton of QQ about pyros and a lot of false infos, like people who think they are more resistant than they really are, but do people actually thinks pyro PT is hard to play and requires a full-focused brain ? This is hilarious, we have 4 buttons to press and 1 proc, which we don't need to check on the proc bar because if it's up then we can use railshot... When your filler does good damage, apllies a dot, snare the target and can reset the CD of your burst attack at the same time, don't think you are being a genius beating other DPS in WZ by 200k damage on voidstar.

Now I don't think they deserve the big nerf everybody is asking for. They're a really annoying class in WZ, but they don't help objectives as much as other classes. They have a role : kill. Fast.

I know there's a ton of QQ about pyros and a lot of false infos, like people who think they are more resistant than they really are, but do people actually thinks pyro PT is hard to play and requires a full-focused brain ? This is hilarious, we have 4 buttons to press and 1 proc, which we don't need to check on the proc bar because if it's up then we can use railshot... When your filler does good damage, apllies a dot, snare the target and can reset the CD of your burst attack at the same time, don't think you are being a genius beating other DPS in WZ by 200k damage on voidstar.

I wont say its rocket science, but i do have over 30 binds so its not straight face roll either. A lot of it is also positioning and awareness that any class can use to their advantage and is a real gap between the goods and the bads.

Now I don't think they deserve the big nerf everybody is asking for. They're a really annoying class in WZ, but they don't help objectives as much as other classes. They have a role : kill. Fast.

Agree

Even with all of the extra power from the relics and augments I have still never hit a rial shot for the same amount I did pre-1.3 with relic/adrenal. Since all we really had was the ability to burst someone down and now we can't really kill a healer it effectivley nerfed pyros.