Terrible FPS issues and ability lag in Warzones.

zStyLezZxx

Anyone knows if they gonna fix this soon? It's really kind of ridiculous. As soon as there is a lot of action going on (warzones) there is insane lagg.

Other games (with way better graphics) run smoothly on my PC (high end).

• Replies 864
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sad thing is I'm pretty sure the fix that would help 95% of people with civil war lag issues is just doing something about the turrets firing at the ships.

Seems a combination of the animation and...believe it or not, the SOUND (some people have noted large FPS increases through audio adjustments/drivers) from those stupid things is the big culprit.

What makes me mad is it has nothing to due with the CPU or memory of the system being taxed. Resource manager can show very low levels of CPU and memory usage during WZ lagfests. It often isn't a "get a better computer" issue, since it seems to randomly affect people all along the spectrum of PC quality, even some with very high end machines.

Notice how Bioware acts as if they haven't noticed this problem, not only on this thread but the thousands of other threads posted of this problem.

I sure do, people keep saying it, if Bioware admit the problem it will be a huge issue for them, (even though it is already) they think ignoring it is best, I don't think it is a possible fix TBH, it SEEMS (and from friends that work on games for a living) to be Engine related / bad coding, and would not be able to be fixed without a HUGE re write of almost the entire game, they just wont do that.

I'm getting EXACTLY (well you know and the other 5000 + posts out there at LEAST and that is not even counting outside forums which its plagued with also) the same problems as you, I can get 60 - 100 fps , in warzones I'm getting around 18, so its instantly lower with occasionally going under 10.... (its not my computer, Bioware even double checked this, said specs are fine, they should be they can run crysis 2, BF3 etc full) rubberbanding, etc is just a HUGE issue with this game I have not experienced since Asherons Call 2!

I've never had such issues with an MMO PvP wise like SWTOR (some people don't, that's great, this is for the people that do, which is a LOT, so for those who don't have a problem enjoy the game, you are the minority getting no issues) it is just a game ruining experience for me, people keep saying wait for 1.2, I honestly don't think they will fix it, they have not even acknowledged the problem or working on a solution and like I've said above (and many other people) I don't think a fix is possible.

For me its a game breaker having low fps to start with let alone worse spikes of it, rubberbanding, trying to hit people 1/4 of the time in fights for the ability to say not behind the target (or close enough) just for 2 seconds later them teleport 2 meters away from you (yet the stun went off?) people jumping down from huttball, you jump after them only to appear back at the top, ability delays.

All these are common problems Bioware needs to address, AGAIN its not my computer, nor connection, I do not get it on ANY OTHER GAME APART FROM SWTOR!

Everything I've read so far indicates that bioware's idea of a "fix" is to make us play on even crappier settings instead of fixing the engine on their end. No thanks.

Civil War and Novare Coast's performance is great even without using the new lowest settings.

(They really improved Civil War, and Novare is the most fluid warzone at the moment)

They didn't increase performance on Huttball / Void star though, so having lower settings is better than nothing.

Edited by TheNotorius

I use a comp. I built back in 2007/2008 barely meeting the minimum specs and have very little to no lag, even at high graphics (although I keep them lower do to long load times in some areas at high). When I first got swtor I had pretty bad lag, after buying new RAM (same specs as before) I've had very little, except during epic battles in Ilum.

• 3 weeks later...
My low end laptop can run the game alright in everything EXCEPT Warzones where the lag renders the game unplayable.

mate i did a complete upgrade new computer i have adsl2 and still same **** not spending anymore money if they dont fix this crap be gone with swtor not going to waste my time or anymore money on something frustrates the hell out of me.

This has been the one widespread complaint that has worried me for the official release. I take my PvP seriously. If I don't enjoy the experience, I feel no obligation to continue it. At least open world PvP is still looking good.

There is open world PvP? :eek:

• 1 month later...
For the moment i'm just giving up on PvP WZ, I get 40-60 FPS, go into WZ and i'm lucky to get into double digits. I know I need to update my CPU but even still, it's physically unplayable. I'm getting 2-3 second delays! :(

• 2 months later...
Im just posting this to let everyone see that the great lag in warzones is still not resolved. Ive got a lot of lag in wz in beta too, reported it to bioware, so iam quite surprised that this problem still is in the game. Was there something that bioware said about it? i mean is there something i can do. (if it is somwhere in this thread, than iam sorry, but i realy dont want to go trough all the 80something pages :))

I have no issues at all on my end therefore it's probably a local issue. Get a better computer or a better internet connection.

mate just read some of the coments here. this problem are suffering all kind of computers, from low end to top machines, therefore i surely wont upgrade anything, if theres a chance i wont improve anything. plus im playing game on max details (without shadows ofc) with no prob. the problem is probably elsewhere then in pc config.

• 2 months later...
Yeah, lots of folks have experienced this again. My last matches yesterday were almost unplayable for the lag, not to mention about 4-5 people got dc too. Sadly, I was one of those poor souls that even when winning the match, suffered a massive lag spike and got dc. Bye,bye my comms. Welcome to rage city.:mad: Edited by zorroazul

3gigs ram

2.2 ghz dual core

nvida gtx550ti

Windows XP

40+ fps outside of WZ

10-15 fps in WZ

THIS NEEDS TO BE FIXED

*on a side note when i am outside of WZ my processor usage is about 90% and i run about 40-50fps. Inside WZ my processor usage is about 60% and i run less than 15fps. Perhaps there could be a problem with lack of processor usage within warzones causing lag? Just an observation.

It's your machine I think, which CPU are you using?

I am in the minority spec wise but this is what I run and have no issues anywhere in the game:

Core i5 2570k @ 3.8ghz

HD7970

8gb RAM

Edited by JustinxDuff

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.