Terrible FPS issues and ability lag in Warzones.

zStyLezZxx

Ive just played WZs 4 some hours and noticed that most of the time its suddenly playable for me AGAiN after 1 1/2 weeks.. But still in some matches the FPS are so horrible that I just wanna leave the match immediately and it happens everywhere not only on alderaan! So why is it now most of the time playable for my sys but then again ucked up?? Edited by MEdiKLEZ

• Replies 864
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its really weird how hit and miss this lag issue is. I really havent seen much lag in this game. I have seen some graphics issues in areas. Walls or whole areas gone and seeing other landscape. green lighting turning a whole wall or such green when i turn just right.

But this lag issue is just plain weird. Some of you guys are running monster systems. and shouldnt have any issues at all. Myself Im runnin and AMD Phenom II x6 1055t o.c.'d to 4GHz, 4 gigs of ddr3 1600 ram and an XFX 6950 HD card. Thats not a junk system...but not nearly what some of you have.

I really hope they get this fixed for those of you that are suffering. The pvp is a big part of this game in my opinion. and would not be playing it if it wasnt in the game.

i am experiencing this as well.

60+ fps everywhere else except warzones (max 10 fps)

being australian, i am used to lagging quite terribly, however warzones take the delay to more than a the 1.5 sec global. this pretty much makes pvping impossible.

My main toon has been 50 for a few days and I still cannot pvp. Got a boss system/tried turning everything all the way down doesent help. Really looking forward to getting some playable warzones sometime this month maybe?

Well do not blame my graphic card Bioware because i have outside in pvp 60-70 fps, one time we was fighting on tatooine and it was 30 players involved and there was no lag. So how you can explaine lag in bg??? Bg is now only dark spot in this game so pls fix before is to late

*bump*

All I want at this moment is an honest dev-Answer on the question if these problems have been noticed and are being worked on. I totally enjoy playing the game and I really like the warzones, but especially the ability lag (if i just push my self centered AoE it takes ~0.5 sec for the energy to be used and another ~.5 secs for the animation to start) annoy me like hell.

In the open world i`m runing at 60fps and my PC is decent but in warzones it suddenly drops at 15-20fps and i`m runing behind my target so i can get off a instant cast for around 3-4 seconds.

This is exactly the sort of thing i experience. Framerate drop with nasty ability lag

All talk about patches and still no word.

So wth.

check dev tracker or this link:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=114363&page=101

Thank you, that is a very good assessment. Everything is sorted by priority and complexity. Because this FPS issue is so varied, and any number of factors could affect it, it's taking a bit more time to investigate. At the moment, our developers are going over logs and are working on a more detailed blog post that we should be posting soon. Thanks again for your patience!
Edited by MEdiKLEZ

3gigs ram

2.2 ghz dual core

nvida gtx550ti

Windows XP

40+ fps outside of WZ

10-15 fps in WZ

THIS NEEDS TO BE FIXED

*on a side note when i am outside of WZ my processor usage is about 90% and i run about 40-50fps. Inside WZ my processor usage is about 60% and i run less than 15fps. Perhaps there could be a problem with lack of processor usage within warzones causing lag? Just an observation.

unplayable for me currently....I get the following messages in red on my screen:

*you are not behind the target

*~not possible when you move and my character doesnt run anymore but hovers over ground

Honestly it is no fun for me at the moment...half of my fights look like that, wasnt that terrible some days ago.

Edited by BobaFurz

warzones is really laggy for me but the worst is the Alderaan one at a stunning 1-7 fps

It's because of all the fluff going on in that map. Those canons firing at the ships just eat up GPU crunching time. Voidstar is probably the smoothest. Hutball is in between.

Yes same issue here wz's are unplayable

I really enjoy pvp and this is unbearable

Pvp is competitive and when you can't do anything

There's not much competition

Im Just going to play this game for the pve story

And go back to wow for pvp at least it's fluent

Hopefully this issue is fixed soon because pvp is the one thing that's kept my wow sub going

Over the years And once the story ends here so to will my sub

ive noticed the same thing, it seems to be the worst on the map where the 3 guns are targeting the 2 ships in orbit....

There are 2 solutions to this.

A.

Put in an option so i can turn off the video/audio of the stupid guns shooting at the ships in orbit. I'm sure it adds a cool effect for people running top of the line computers, but for the 99% of us, it is just sucking system resources.

B. If you absolutely have to have them, change them to ion cannons that shoot every 30 seconds or so.

I favor playability over looks and something has to change.

Thank you!!! just what I was thinking..

It's unnecessary FPS lag