LFG tool please add one asap

It's not an issue, I heal and I get one within 5 minutes tops. You actually have to message people (god forbid social interaction) to get it quickly as most people don't read the chat (unless it's pure DPS a group is looking for, inc 50 messages anyone?)

So far we have only been able to get guild runs together on my server and its packed. Spamming /1 for 30 min, running between the planet and the fleet only to come up empty handed is annoying for both the group and those ready chat. Recruiters get placed on ignore, people LFG get discouraged and just ignore FPs. Its a problem. If you play during off hours them is almost no way you can get a group together. And dont let me get started on group quest...

LFG does not kill communities. When people say it does they are referring to WoW. They forget about already rampant elitism, gearscore addon, and how ridiculous gearing was.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So far we have only been able to get guild runs together on my server and its packed. Spamming /1 for 30 min, running between the planet and the fleet only to come up empty handed is annoying for both the group and those ready chat. Recruiters get placed on ignore, people LFG get discouraged and just ignore FPs. Its a problem. If you play during off hours them is almost no way you can get a group together. And dont let me get started on group quest...

LFG does not kill communities. When people say it does they are referring to WoW. They forget about already rampant elitism, gearscore addon, and how ridiculous gearing was.

WoW had a great community in Vanilla and BC. People were known for their skill. The best Tank/Healer/Dps were always asked for groups, rude players/ninjas rarely got into groups after they were known for it, in short, people KNEW each other. LFG means - who cares if I ninja, I can just LFG tool to get a new group.

From my experience so far, getting groups is more of a pain, then it is worth. I've been in general chat for 30+ minutes, before saying the heck with it and going off to do other things. LFG finder is not a bad idea. It does not destroy anything. People will ninja no matter what is put into the game, so expect it, and move on. The fact is such things makes it easier to find groups without wasting time sitting on the republic or empire fleets spamming chat.

I'm here to play the game, not to sit wasting time looking for a group.

Edited by Toraak

STOP STANDING IN THE FLEET TO LFG. Go to that level's appropriate planet, ask there. Who in their right mind sits around in the fleet thinking everyone will be there? Everyone with a shred of sense is leveling while they LFG or wait to find someone who's making one.

I'm doing Colicoid War Game right now. Took me 10 minutes to set the group up and get in. Why? I went to Belsavis and asked there.

A tool has nothing to do with how the community thrives, only the community can ruin itself.

considering we already have item and guild spam all over my server, there's not much else that can ruin the community. It's only a matter of time before you get whispered with "WE SELL GOLD!!!www.lamethief.com"

Edited by Renjiro

Yes!

It's not 2005 anymore, and a "Flashpoint Finder" tool would be nice.

Saying that it ruins communities is ridiculous, of course. People who won't talk to each other when an LFD tool is released won't talk to each other now, so nothing is lost.

In any case, here's the deal: Bioware is going to release a version of WoW's LFD tool at some point (because people want it and it's useful); you know it, and I know it, and all of the crying in the world isn't going to stop it. So let's just put it out now and be done with it. People won't leave over the addition of the LFD tool (no, you won't), but people might leave over the absence of it. And when I say "leave," I don't mean that they'll quit in a fit of anger; I mean that they'll simply just return to the games that are more polished and complete. To all of you people who are saying "good riddance": I'm sorry, but you need those people; your own subscription is not enough to keep the game in business.

There is no patience out there to allow a new game time to develop. There is no patience, because there is no NEED for patience; there is already a game out there that has all of these tools that are now perceived to be "basic." WoW is like your spouse of 25 years: you're not blown away by them anymore, but you are comfortable with them. You may have an affair once in a while, but how many people actually make it 25 years with their spouse, and then dump them for someone new? Not many. Everybody gets one month of free play time, so Bioware has exactly one month to convince people to give up the game that they know, the characters that they have had for years, the friends that they have made, etc. and persuade them to move to SWTOR.

And yes, so sorry, a Looking For Flashpoint tool is a requirement for that.

So are UI-customizing mods, but that's a subject for a different thread.

This made me laugh out loud. For real. Even though 90% of the people on all the various forum topics of this are saying "No, don't give us a dungeon finder", and are citing it ruining WoW as their reference to why, you seem to think that those people will go back to WoW in 1 month? That makes a whole ****ton of logical sense if you ask me broski. Learning who is good and bad on my server? Social interaction? Psh, getting drunk, pushing "que" then doing terribad while the others try to kick me but get the message "Can't vote to kick shortly after combat" while the tank chain pulls and nothing is challenging, then we hop in circles and leave without saying a word. That sounds like a good game for sure.

This made me laugh out loud. For real. Even though 90% of the people on all the various forum topics of this are saying "No, don't give us a dungeon finder", and are citing it ruining WoW as their reference to why, you seem to think that those people will go back to WoW in 1 month? That makes a whole ****ton of logical sense if you ask me broski. Learning who is good and bad on my server? Social interaction? Psh, getting drunk, pushing "que" then doing terribad while the others try to kick me but get the message "Can't vote to kick shortly after combat" while the tank chain pulls and nothing is challenging, then we hop in circles and leave without saying a word. That sounds like a good game for sure.

your 90% number is fictitious at best! Ever poll done before the forum wipe showed a majority in favor of a lfd tool in some form on average of about 60% higher if you add the% of those that would approve of single server version.

The same was true of rifts polls before they put in the lfg.

Blue post on the wow forums before the cata forum wipes claim from their metrics (actual players using the system) that more players than ever before in wow's history were completing the 5 man zones! It was so overwhelming popular that they introduced a raid version recently.

You the anti lfd person are the minority. While a very vocal one you still a minority!

your 90% number is fictitious at best! Ever poll done before the forum wipe showed a majority in favor of a lfd tool in some form on average of about 60% higher if you add the% of those that would approve of single server version.

The same was true of rifts polls before they put in the lfg.

Blue post on the wow forums before the cata forum wipes claim from their metrics (actual players using the system) that more players than ever before in wow's history were completing the 5 man zones! It was so overwhelming popular that they introduced a raid version recently.

You the anti lfd person are the minority. While a very vocal one you still a minority!

A) I said of people commenting on these topics, on swtor.com, as the forums post-launch are. Way to put words in my mouth. B) Don't tell me **** about WoW, I left raiding with a top US 100 guild to come play this game, I know about the ungodly horror that is the LFR, and all the unbelievable retardation that it allows in. C) Trololol Rift, can we talk about real games here please? D) More player's than ever in WoW's history suck balls. Wrath was the beginning of the end, and while Cata's raid content has been much better, every single other aspect of the game is ****, add that to the number of casual players who QQ about things being challenging.

I wouldn't mind a LFG, even though the game already has one, and I lead a serious progression guild of people who are not bad at the game so I have no need for one anyways, but a Dungeon (or Flashpoint, in this case) Finder will be the death of this game, just as it was for WoW. I've seen Hunter's pull 4k dps in the new 4.3 instances. Those players should be banned from using the internet. Not having a tool that cross servers and insta tele's you then gives bonus rewards keeps them where they should be, which is doing something other than playing an MMO.

LFG and Flashpoint Finder are NOT the same thing. If someone is too lazy to go find a group for themselves, I wouldn't want them in my group then anyways.

Im sure its been said before but we need an LFG tool one that groups you with people automatically who are also in the queue essentially just copy wow's or rift i dont care.

No one uses the LFG channel and if they do there just lfg no comment on what they want etc. I didnt pay 80 dollars to go back to the days of EQ1 dungeons and shouting in chat for a group that system is old and outdated. do it for the love of the sith please put in a LFG tool

omg, do you think that pay 80 dollars entitle you to to comand the developers to do what you want?

personally i would like a LFG tool but as long as it rimain server based, but maybe someone who payed 150 euro for the collector edition dont..and when you say copy it from WoW or rift this is not wow or rift, if you like those game that much then why are u here whining?

i dont want another wow clone there must be something better than an already abused LFG tool, just wait for the devs to come out with an idea.

and Craxim is totally right

Edited by eroscastaldi

so I've ran a flashpoint, did almost every group quest on a planet. leasurly. at random hours of the day and night, since I'm a pretty casual player and have odd hours. my friends are mostly republic side so I play my Sith completely on my own. never took me more then 10 minutes to find a group which is actually less then average wait time for WoW's dungeon finder.

why? becasue I actually looked instead of spamming general channel, hoping someone will whisper me with invite. I asked if anyone was running anything. I invited people that whispered. i saw someone looking for more people for a heroic quest, and I whispered them to indicate my interest. I made a very tiny bit of effort? and it worked.

automatic dungeon tool is NOT needed. its perfectly possible to find a group and have fun without it. it encourages you to talk to people, to meet new people, to make connections. it encourages you to appreciate the quests more, appreciate the people you are playing alongside with, see them as people instead of silent henchmen.

global channel and something that makes it easier to travel to instance/group quest area? would be lovely. some sort of shuttle dispatch or something, that can be called up by the first person who gets to the right spot (and cannot be summoned if you are in a wrong spot). not necessary either, but not nearly as bad as the completely automated process.

I keep wondering about people who keep complaining that SWTOR is WoW clone and then in the next breath ask for developers to add multitude of features that will actually turn SWTOR into WoW clone. if you want to play WoW? why aren't you playing WoW?

Im sure its been said before but we need an LFG tool one that groups you with people automatically who are also in the queue essentially just copy wow's or rift i dont care.

No one uses the LFG channel and if they do there just lfg no comment on what they want etc. I didnt pay 80 dollars to go back to the days of EQ1 dungeons and shouting in chat for a group that system is old and outdated. do it for the love of the sith please put in a LFG tool

This isn't World of Warcraft. IT IS A MMORPG. Talk to people and form a group. It isn't that hard. People are still discovering the features in game. They have a channel for forming groups yes. Most people just use general chat cause that is default channel.

Guys, if you want to look for your groups on General channel - please do so even after incorporation of the LFG Tool. No one will take it from you.

But I wan't to have an option to use LFG Tool to play my game as I want to play it. I don't wanna spam General chat looking for group, or waiting for my group to form for ages. For what? Just to have an illusion of socializing with other players? If I want to socialize, I socialize, even in LFG Tool group.

Oh, the irony: now NO ONE speaks a word almost everytime I got to the Flaspoints. So by "socializing" you mean spamming on general chat "Looking for group to this and that Flashpoint" then thank you but no, thank you ;)

Pretty sure i have not had to spend more than a couple minutes forming any of my quest or flashpoint groups. Part of the time i got a group for it just by being near the area. If that is to much time for you to spend getting a couple others, then you do not have the time for any sort of MMO

I think people that wants the LFG tool.

Is people that didn't try vanilla wow.

I played a 60mage was geared in tier 1 (bit of 2) people asked me to run diffrent kind of things all the time (strat/ scholo stuff like that)

ButNOT because of my gear, it was because I in general was a nice person. made water for people who asked, didn't charge of teleports.

And being accepted in a community is the best feeling there is.

Having people asking for YOU not because of your class or gear, its the best feeling a human can get.

And sadly that feeling will go away with the LFG tool.

Guys, if you want to look for your groups on General channel - please do so even after incorporation of the LFG Tool. No one will take it from you.

But I wan't to have an option to use LFG Tool to play my game as I want to play it. I don't wanna spam General chat looking for group, or waiting for my group to form for ages. For what? Just to have an illusion of socializing with other players? If I want to socialize, I socialize, even in LFG Tool group.

Oh, the irony: now NO ONE speaks a word almost everytime I got to the Flaspoints. So by "socializing" you mean spamming on general chat "Looking for group to this and that Flashpoint" then thank you but no, thank you ;)

Not every person is going to talk. Because sometimes you get into groups with people like you, who want the Finder. Those are the people who don't talk, those are the people who don't get invited back, those are the people we want out of our game. If you want a conversation to start, start one, don't not say anything, then complain about how no one else said anything.

The logic of these people is just brilliantly amazing.

Trying to make a group or find one is horrible! The majority of players are out in the levelling zones, and spamming on the fleet in general chat inbetween all the trolls is the most annoying thing ever. All the instances are on the fleet, which in itself takes people away from the zones... so why not a group finder?