Why would anyone choose DPS Operative / Scrapper...

TiTaNsFaN

Because a good operative will take any single player up a wall. Extreme stuns, a knockback, slows, self-heals stealth. They won't win if they took the attack on the forehead, but they'll otherwise win.

Not played as an operative myself, however the Imp side on Rogue Moon had two enemies that stood out far more than any other Imps. Both were operatives. They were seen in many warzones and they liked to take off 2 thirds of your health before you regained control of your character. And this isn't them working together. I could always take a good chunk out of them if I medpac'd and went crazy but it'll never be enough to win.

If one, sometimes two randomers picked a fight with me, I would take them on, usually coming out with good health. If these particular 2 jumped me, it was "Oh f**k f**k f**k f**k f*************k! I need to *********** get to my *********** team!"

Because a good operative will take any single player up a wall. Extreme stuns, a knockback, slows, self-heals stealth. They won't win if they took the attack on the forehead, but they'll otherwise win.

Not played as an operative myself, however the Imp side on Rogue Moon had two enemies that stood out far more than any other Imps. Both were operatives. They were seen in many warzones and they liked to take off 2 thirds of your health before you regained control of your character. And this isn't them working together. I could always take a good chunk out of them if I medpac'd and went crazy but it'll never be enough to win.

If one, sometimes two randomers picked a fight with me, I would take them on, usually coming out with good health. If these particular 2 jumped me, it was "Oh f**k f**k f**k f**k f*************k! I need to *********** get to my *********** team!"

An assassin should never lose to an operative 1v1 with equal gear and skill when specced correctly. Do not question this. Also ***, we have knockback? :confused::confused::confused::confused:

I would wager that same player is probably more "vicious" using an assassin with equal practice time invested.

I wonder if you are talking about dps specced assassins or about the imba tankasins?? Because on my scrapper I **** allmost every dps assassin I come across, the only time they kill me is when they catch me out of stealth. Its just knowing when to atack and applying massive burst dps at the right time when its needed. Sure, our opener rarely gets any higher than 4k in pvp but do know that it is followed up by another 3-4k from backblast and then pistol whip, sucker punch-sucker punch for another 2-3k each. Combine that opening burst with the use of relics/adenal and you can devastate a target in seconds. Yes, they have trouble killing healers 1v1, especially OP healers. But if you can find a healer that is at 75% healing his teammates, he is more than likely to die when I open up on him.

We are still more than viable when played by a good player. I know this goes for all classes, but just because mara's are FOTM atm doesnt mean dps scoundrel/op is UP. Its just the baddies that were used to 3shotting people that are horribly failing at the moment. The only thing scrapper is really broken for is longterm PVE bossfights. Sustained dps has to increase.

I wonder if you are talking about dps specced assassins or about the imba tankasins?? Because on my scrapper I **** allmost every dps assassin I come across, the only time they kill me is when they catch me out of stealth. Its just knowing when to atack and applying massive burst dps at the right time when its needed. Sure, our opener rarely gets any higher than 4k in pvp but do know that it is followed up by another 3-4k from backblast and then pistol whip, sucker punch-sucker punch for another 2-3k each. Combine that opening burst with the use of relics/adenal and you can devastate a target in seconds. Yes, they have trouble killing healers 1v1, especially OP healers. But if you can find a healer that is at 75% healing his teammates, he is more than likely to die when I open up on him.

We are still more than viable when played by a good player. I know this goes for all classes, but just because mara's are FOTM atm doesnt mean dps scoundrel/op is UP. Its just the baddies that were used to 3shotting people that are horribly failing at the moment. The only thing scrapper is really broken for is longterm PVE bossfights. Sustained dps has to increase.

You're neglecting to mention that (Concealment) Operatives have the worst energy resource management in the game of any DPS class in the game; we are ****ed in any drawn out skirmish.

You're neglecting to mention that (Concealment) Operatives have the worst energy resource management in the game of any DPS class in the game; we are ****ed in any drawn out skirmish.

Mostly true, but thats only when we have coolhead+pugnacity on CD. And thats mostly why i said sustained dps has to increase. Scrappers just have to kill fast and get out. Don't try to act like a hero and run into the fray.

Why would you choose an Op or Scrapper? Cause they're really fun. Aside from that, with 1.3 going live as is, life as a Concealment or Scrapper spec will be painful as they no longer have relic + adrenal bursts. Lethality and Dirty Fighting is going to become far more common, either that or there'll be a lot more healers since a lot of burst is gone so Op/Scoundrel heals are even tougher to take down.

Ok I play on operative and I'm only lvl 36 but already I've had to learn when to attack and when not to, even opening on a lvl 10 commando in pvp the wrong way can get me squished. People complain about being dead before getting one shot on us but pretty much we have to do that because in an open fight we are dead. All I know is that operatives are huge fun to play and not much can beat knocking people flat on their faces in pvp :D

But yeah as operative play smart or be squished

Good Concealment Operatives are much harder to beat in a 1v1 then good Deception assassins.

In my opinion they are the best 1v1 class in swtor,but require a bit of skill to be played well.

A good concealment Operative is the best person to solo guard/steal a node because of how long they can stall the enemy and how quick they can kill them:D.

DPS operatives are shut down so easily now in a team fight. Maybe with the relic changes coming in we can start to see some of the damage bioware's done to concealment ops repaired? Can always hope. Edited by Rahaze

DPS operatives are shut down so easily now in a team fight. Maybe with the relic changes coming in we can start to see some of the damage bioware's done to concealment ops repaired? Can always hope.

Do tell, how is decreasing burst damage across the board going to help a burst reliant class? Just for fun I was running around without popping any adrenals or relics, nothing more lovely than seeing a similarly geared war hero Sorc's shield absorb my full shoot first.

Do tell, how is decreasing burst damage across the board going to help a burst reliant class? Just for fun I was running around without popping any adrenals or relics, nothing more lovely than seeing a similarly geared war hero Sorc's shield absorb my full shoot first.

Heaven forbid a best geared class's only healing/defensive ability that can be used reasonably in pvp while under fire can mitigate a single attack. This travesty must not come to pass.

What next? A tank that can survive four hits? Say it ain't so.

You see, what you are failing to realize is, that if THE ONLY WAY you can kill a similarly geared/skilled opponent is to stack a relic and adrenal to get a damage edge over him, that is not balanced?

I actually just hit 50 last night on my shadow, standard 31-0-10 spec (no not even the fotm FiB spec) and, while i'm not saying I did well by any means, I held my own and assisted my team in the proper ways. Ended the match, that we lost btw, with 11 medals and 50k protection.

I got on my scoundrel (not WH geared, but full BM at least) and went into a similar match and didn't even kill a single person. Now my scrapper skills are probably rusty as I haven't played him in a little over a month, but shouldn't a burst damage class be able to...you know....do burst damage? Full shoot first get absorbed by sorc's shields, then i get knocked back and since I don't have a gap closer, have to drudge back to his face and sucker punch only to be stunned. but I have full resolve now, so I escape, dirty kick and start my rotation, only now he's escaped and popped another shield. Long story short, I get him to ~20% before he finally can get another knockback, and knocks me into the 5 or so rescuers that came long after he must have called incoming.

Now on my shadow, I get jumped by a marauder, he has ~18k hpish, and I'm like "**** a WH roflrauder" so i knock him back, hit force slow and start kiting and using my projects/slow time to keep him off me. he ends up getting a charge off, as I haven't properly judged my kiting radius, he starts his ravage, but as soon as he charged my force speed goes and i dont even eat 1 of the hits, I have my full 3 stacks of LOLRocks and use my force potency to keep him around 25 meters away and slowed. At this point he pops invis, and I wait a few seconds and force wave again, he reappears right where he disappeared at and pops his dmage reduction shield (the 6s one that goes to 30 seconds if you hit him) and promptly gets another slow and i run away like a little girl. That shield wears off, he gets close at about 40%hp at this point and i'm still at 3/4. I hit him with a double strike, procing my auto project crit. Now lo and behold I still have a force potency charge left! So I pop my relic/wz adrenal hit my project and hit him for about 3k which put him into undying rage mode. promptly force stunned him and waited that one out. once the stun was over, he comes up, i slow time, and spinning strike execute him.

Now you're probably going to say that he was a bad marauder, and I did all the stuff I should have to counter him, but he outgeared me heavily. and he didn't even stand a chance. Now a sorc barely outgears my scoundrel and I barely dented him? I know how to play my scoundrel, and I know how to shut down a caster and while all that went down, I didn't have the damage EVEN with my WZ adrenals and relics to get past his defenses. This is nothing new btw, I remember this happening ever since we got beat to death by Georg Zoeller for stunlocking entire servers and making them unsub.

Assassins/shadows are better mechanically than operatives/scoundrels.

You see, what you are failing to realize is, that if THE ONLY WAY you can kill a similarly geared/skilled opponent is to stack a relic and adrenal to get a damage edge over him, that is not balanced?

I actually just hit 50 last night on my shadow, standard 31-0-10 spec (no not even the fotm FiB spec) and, while i'm not saying I did well by any means, I held my own and assisted my team in the proper ways. Ended the match, that we lost btw, with 11 medals and 50k protection.

I got on my scoundrel (not WH geared, but full BM at least) and went into a similar match and didn't even kill a single person. Now my scrapper skills are probably rusty as I haven't played him in a little over a month, but shouldn't a burst damage class be able to...you know....do burst damage? Full shoot first get absorbed by sorc's shields, then i get knocked back and since I don't have a gap closer, have to drudge back to his face and sucker punch only to be stunned. but I have full resolve now, so I escape, dirty kick and start my rotation, only now he's escaped and popped another shield. Long story short, I get him to ~20% before he finally can get another knockback, and knocks me into the 5 or so rescuers that came long after he must have called incoming.

Now on my shadow, I get jumped by a marauder, he has ~18k hpish, and I'm like "**** a WH roflrauder" so i knock him back, hit force slow and start kiting and using my projects/slow time to keep him off me. he ends up getting a charge off, as I haven't properly judged my kiting radius, he starts his ravage, but as soon as he charged my force speed goes and i dont even eat 1 of the hits, I have my full 3 stacks of LOLRocks and use my force potency to keep him around 25 meters away and slowed. At this point he pops invis, and I wait a few seconds and force wave again, he reappears right where he disappeared at and pops his dmage reduction shield (the 6s one that goes to 30 seconds if you hit him) and promptly gets another slow and i run away like a little girl. That shield wears off, he gets close at about 40%hp at this point and i'm still at 3/4. I hit him with a double strike, procing my auto project crit. Now lo and behold I still have a force potency charge left! So I pop my relic/wz adrenal hit my project and hit him for about 3k which put him into undying rage mode. promptly force stunned him and waited that one out. once the stun was over, he comes up, i slow time, and spinning strike execute him.

Now you're probably going to say that he was a bad marauder, and I did all the stuff I should have to counter him, but he outgeared me heavily. and he didn't even stand a chance. Now a sorc barely outgears my scoundrel and I barely dented him? I know how to play my scoundrel, and I know how to shut down a caster and while all that went down, I didn't have the damage EVEN with my WZ adrenals and relics to get past his defenses. This is nothing new btw, I remember this happening ever since we got beat to death by Georg Zoeller for stunlocking entire servers and making them unsub.

Assassins/shadows are better mechanically than operatives/scoundrels.

As a counterpoint, I burned a guy from 100 to 0 on east Novare turret and capped it by myself as full damage-spec Scrapper Scoundrel. Twice in one game and 6 times that day. This is with just power relic and sometimes with the spawnable WZ expertise boost, but mostly without because my scrapper isn't Biochem. He now has some cheap +power adrenals though, so I expect to break a 5k crit on a Sorc the next time I get some days off (highest recently was 4906 according to combat logs).

Fully optimized and mostly augmented BM gear (keeping the two columi shells for +15% crit), War Hero Implants, Earpiece and Bracers, Champ relic and Matrix Cube. Not BiS, but quite decently geared at 1100 expertise, 76% Surge, 35% crit and ~500 Power. I tend to hunt Snipers now since I know they have no real defenses, roots are cleansable. Regularly killing them with 80-90% health left.

TL;DR I hate people that don't read, but a summary is that it's possible to get these one-off huge bursts as Scoundrel/Operative, but it's not reliable. More fun than my Shadow anyway, that class is boring now..