Alderaan too hard?

jamiemcd

I've made about 3 different characters and got them to about level 28 and when I go to Alderaan the enermies become to hard to kill and no matter what equippment I use it's just too hard:mad: and can't go any further

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've made about 3 different characters and got them to about level 28 and when I go to Alderaan the enermies become to hard to kill and no matter what equippment I use it's just too hard:mad: and can't go any further

My last 2 toons have gone to alderaan at level 24. Its not to hard you just have to make sure you only pull one group and you have to self heal after you do. I dont even have that great of gear either. Its not the planet or gear but something you are doing that you couldnt get away with on the other planets which yes are easier.

What class/AC? and server?

Edited by Emeda

Can you be specific about what mobs in particular you are having difficulties with? What class you are? Your companions gear is up to date? I've taken 5 characters through Alderaan and with 1 or 2 exceptions I've had no difficulties to speak of.

Alderaan is split into two distinct levels. It's designed to come back to for the bonus missions around lvl 40 after you finish Hoth. Are you sure you didn't wander into the bonus area?

Edited by Owsley

Alderaan is split into two distinct levels. It's designed to come back to for the bonus missions around lvl 40. Are you sure you didn't wander into the bonus area?

What he said. There are about 3 areas that you can do the first time you go, the climax being House Ulgo.

The other two(?) areas are strictly for 40+.

My last 2 toons have gone to alderaan at level 24. Its not to hard you just have to make sure you only pull one group and you have to self heal after you do. I dont even have that great of gear either. Its not the planet or gear but something you are doing that you couldnt get away with on the other planets which yes are easier.

What class/AC? and server?

well I have a level 28 jedi sage

I agree OP the whole game could use some toning down. Not every one of us is a hardcore gamer and hopefully Bioware will soon realize it.

Toning down where? I have yet to find a single non-heroic quest I couldn't solo.

This is by far the easiest MMO I've ever played.

Edited by Gungan

Alderaan is split into two distinct levels. It's designed to come back to for the bonus missions around lvl 40 after you finish Hoth. Are you sure you didn't wander into the bonus area?

I'm not so sure they are mostly about level 29?

Do the Tatooine bonus series. You'll be level 30 when you get to Alderaan and it'll be much easier. :)

well right at the start defuse the bombs I think it was

Is that not a Heroic 2+ quest that recommends a minimum of 2 people?

I seem to recall doing something like that.. I soloed it but it took every trick I knew. I might not be thinking of the same thing, but there's nothing on Alderaan that should give you any trouble as long as it's not a group quest.

Edited by Gungan

havent played a jedi but dont think they have CC which would hurt some. As a sorc its cake with the CC

You could group up also to help.

A Sage is exactly the same as a Sorc (they are mirror classes with almost exactly the same skills and identical talent trees). They have the same amount of CC.

Edited by Gungan

well right at the start defuse the bombs I think it was

Been a while since I went through there, but if it is the area I think it is, there are some Elites that path around those areas. Just have to be watchful of them and don't start a fight you can't finish with an Elite joining in. Doing so at that level will probably get you killed.

Just watch their patrolling pattern and get to the bombs and kill off other normal mobs without interference from the Elites. Should be much smoother.

A Sage is exactly the same as a Sorc. Has the same length CC.

I think the melee class when I hear jedi.

But you have your CC which you can spec into to CC one elite and 2 addition weak mobs. As long as your not doing heroic area quests that would leave just one mob ata time to kill. Make sure you turn off your pets AOE so he doesnt break CC and roll from there.

Again OP what server?

Edited by Emeda

I reported a bug found during one Mission (one where you save three small bases under attack) when other non-Mission encounters become invulnerable. This affected beasts, Killiks, droids, etc; anything not in that Mission set.

Sound familiar?

Is that not a Heroic 2+ quest that recommends a minimum of 2 people?

I seem to recall doing something like that.. I soloed it but it took every trick I knew. I might not be thinking of the same thing, but there's nothing on Alderaan that should give you any trouble as long as it's not a group quest.

I think he means the quest you get after exiting the spaceport on the Republic side, you have to defuse some baradium bombs that the empire are trying to set off. That's a standard planetary arc quest, non-heroic.

Every game I play seems to be hard, I guess its cause I am getting older :confused:

LOL?

Strange, as I get older (closing in on 50 now) the MMORPGs/RPGs seem to be getting more and more simplistic and easy

I recently bought Might and Magic 1-6 at GOG.com and I gotta say, Might and Magic 1, even though its not graphically appealing in any way and the stroy is almost non existant. The combat is FREAKING HARD. Harder than ANY RPG Ive played in the last 10 years easily.

And there is no Easy, Normal, Hard, Nightmare modes.

1 toughness fits all.

Play that game and you will understand how much easier these games have gotten over the years. They just are prettier and have more bells and whistles.

PS: As for Alderaan, done it 7 times now and never had a problem as a solo player. Dont understand at all what the OP talking about

Edited by Kalfear

If anyone finds a zone too hard in TOR, the reasons are more than likely because they are not the proper level for it. Wait a couple levels and then go to the zone. I did not find any zone or quest for that matter being hard when I leveled my Jedi Shadow. I soloed a lot of 2 man heroics and in some cases..even 4 man ones. For the right level..they are most certainly not too hard.

:rak_02:

Toning down where? I have yet to find a single non-heroic quest I couldn't solo.

This is by far the easiest MMO I've ever played.

Heroic 4s could use some toning down. Not necessarily easier, but lord, make them more interesting. Who has time to deal with ginormous mobs that take 5 minutes to kill each for 3 commendations and maybe some blue loot?

I'd like to see them adjust Heroic 4s so they're totally different than other game content - maybe enemies with less insane HP and damage mitigation but more of them on patrol. Or something. The Heroic 4s just are tedious right now.

But no, Alderaan isn't too hard. If you're stuck, upgrade your gear or build some levels, or ask for help. Heck I'd walk you through it if you asked for help and you're on JC.

Edited by jgelling