PvP nerf threads...

UGLYMRJ

Am I the only one that reads all of them the same?

"I am bad at the game and don't understand the basic mechanics of it. Please make it easier for me"

Near every nerf thread is made and supported by people who have not played the class they're talking about. EVERY class in this game has the potential to excel within the right hands.

Stop posting nerf threads and calling yourself out as a below average player. You're making yourselves look bad. :rolleyes:

"I am bad at the game and don't understand the basic mechanics of it. Please make it easier for me"

Near every nerf thread is made and supported by people who have not played the class they're talking about. EVERY class in this game has the potential to excel within the right hands.

Stop posting nerf threads and calling yourself out as a below average player. You're making yourselves look bad. :rolleyes:

I think it stems more from frustration then it does "I'm bad and don't know how to play". And some classes have really gotten the short end of the stick (OPs and Mercs). And some classes are just more suited for PvP

PT - Extreme Burst.

Tankasins - Jack of all trades.

Maras - Great DPS/Surviability.

It would go a long way to make all trees effective as any other tree but I think we all know that is probably not possible.

I personally believe each class should have a shot against any other class (or at least a stalemate) but that is just not the way it is right now. For instance an OP has zero chance against my shadow if I'm at least above half health and have at least a few of my cooldowns available. And even if I don't I'll probably still win.

Edited by Kawiki

Yeah i see this too...

I'm more sick of people QQ'ing in game than on the forums though to be honest. It just makes you look dumb when you QQ for op.

also this idea that nobody with a powerful class has skill is ridiculous.

No game is perfectly balanced, therefore this game is not perfectly balanced, therefore some nerf threads are entirely justified therefore you are wrong.

If nerf threads upset you so much dont read them, posting a new thread telling people not to post nerf threads is foolish.

No game is perfectly balanced, therefore this game is not perfectly balanced, therefore some nerf threads are entirely justified therefore you are wrong.

If nerf threads upset you so much dont read them, posting a new thread telling people not to post nerf threads is foolish.

Not nearly as foolish as posting nerf threads...

Proof: Count the hundreds of nerf threads for marauders and follow that up by reading the 1.3 patch notes on marauders. :rolleyes:

You are wasting your time!

Also:

1. I have said many times on these forums that NO MMO will ever be perfectly balanced (which makes these threads and even bigger waste of time)

2. They are not justified. BW makes their decisions from play testing and recorded numbers. Not by the amount of whimpering.

3. I am trying to save people the embarrassment of looking foolish. It doesn't help anyone and almost nothing constructive comes from it. You know what I would love to see but haven't. A thread titled "How to counter marauders" Sounds a lot more constructive and effective to me... ;)

Edited by UGLYMRJ

Not nearly as foolish as posting nerf threads...

Proof: Count the hundreds of nerf threads for marauders and follow that up by reading the 1.3 patch notes on marauders. :rolleyes:

You are wasting your time!

That is proof that Bioware did not make any changes in this particular instance, so what?

This does not mean that these classes are balanced nor does it mean there will not be some change in a future patch.

Look at the patch history of WoW. It took them upwards of 6 months to nerf the major imbalances in the game after they arose.

And you are not wasting your time by posting this thread seeing as people will continue posting nerf threads anyway and you know it?

Edited by Gidoru

That is proof that Bioware did not make any changes in this particular instance, so what?

This does not mean that these classes are balanced nor does it mean there will not be some change in a future patch.

Look at the patch history of WoW. It took them upwards of 6 months to nerf the major imbalances in the game after they arose.

And you are not wasting your time by posting this thread seeing as people will continue posting nerf threads anyway and you know it?

read my edit... and if I can make one person of the hundreds think twice before posting a nerf thread it was all worth the 10 seconds it took me to type this. :rolleyes:

honestly I was curious to see how many people agree with me...

Oh yeah... NERF HEALER COMPANIONS! ;)

it was all worth the 10 seconds it took me to type this.

I guess whatever you spend your '10 seconds' on is worthwhile, but whatever someone else spends their 10 seconds on is a waste of time. Everything you do must just be so significant.

Greetings,

We know it can be frustrating to see negativity, but we ask that our members refrain from focusing the discussion on the posting behavior of other members. No matter how good the original intention, these types of threads seem to bring more negativity to the forums, not less.

We will be closing this thread now. Thank you!