How many people have rolled an alt on the oppo faction for the HK?

Michaelphoenix

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I have a lvl 47 GS that I'll probably never finish but I wouldn't delete him and lose the buff bonus.

you wont lose the buff, once its unlocked its perma-unlocked in your legacy, deleting the character wont delete the buff

I think it was said in some interveiw or somewhere that the one of the opposing faction only have to be at mid level range or something like that.

It was in a community Q&A, and what was said that most players would probably need a 50 on one side and a mid level on the other.

As in, those things will not be absolute outright requirements, and people are flipping their lids over nothing.

EDIT: Here, specifically:

Daniel Erickson (Lead Game Designer): The only thing we’re saying today is its going to take a serious amount of work, involves a galaxy-wide mission, introduces some different ways of playing the game and most people will need to have a 50 of one faction and at least a mid-level character from the other faction. Get working on those Legacy characters!

Edited by Liokae

As soon as i heard the announcement i told my guildmates they would see me when im on for dalies (corellia and illum only) and for raid nights, and on vent.

Rolled my first imp char (operative) and enjoying the story and looking forward to being able to use orbital strike on my vanguard.

Who else here started a new toon when they heard the announcement?

I went 4 Imp/4 Pub on my server from the start as cross faction mail via legacy had already been announced when I joined the game I saw no reason not to. If I really want to play the other advanced classes I will start up on a 2nd server.

Edited by Arlbo_Nabbins

Oh, I don't need to relax. I'm quite calm, at least until some ignoramus comes along.

It won't kill me to wait until Bioware implements additional character slots. Just as it won't kill Bioware to do without my subscription until they do.

Of course, since it'll doubtless take them awhile, I'm going to need something else to do in the meanwhile. And anyone who works in marketing will tell you it takes more to win back a customer than to retain an existing one. But that's the value determination Bioware made.

Observation: If you truly are interested enough in getting a HK-51 to actively cancel sub until you get a char slot to make a otherfaction toon, you are probably approaching the issue in the wrong fashion. It just dont mesh that you case so much about it that you will cancel, rather than delete a random toon at low level and play on the other side.

Commentary: Solution selected = overkill. But you are allowed your choice of course :)

Petty? Excuse me? I'm being required to

DELETE A CHARACTER

in order to access content, something that's practically unprecedented in MMO history. Until Bioware fixes this massive F-up, they're welcome to do without my money.

You're complaining 'missing out on content', but you have done that yourself by only playing 1 faction in the game.

Who else here started a new toon when they heard the announcement?

Actually, I didn't roll a republic character because of the announcement for HK-51. I rolled a Chiss Scoundrel and then the announcement was made known. :D

Another coincidence happened in my favor also. Since Shadow Hand was transferred to The Shadowlands, I now have a "mid-level" republic character in my legacy of 8 (6 imperial and 2 republic) on my "new" main server of The shadowlands. :)

Observation: If you truly are interested enough in getting a HK-51 to actively cancel sub until you get a char slot to make a otherfaction toon, you are probably approaching the issue in the wrong fashion. It just dont mesh that you case so much about it that you will cancel, rather than delete a random toon at low level and play on the other side.

Commentary: Solution selected = overkill. But you are allowed your choice of course :)

Observation: Multiple unwarranted assumptions of 'random toon at low level'

Conclusion: Head up nether region.

Not at all true. I have a server for each faction. Both full.

That sounds rediculous...

Do you have 16 level 50s? I'm pretty sure you've got a level 8 or something character that you don't really care about...

If you actually have 16 level 50s, then I applaud you.

*EDIT* since you don't mind having characters on different servers why not go the opposite and create a 3rd server with an Imp and a Rep character.

Edited by Lionflash

I refuse to have characters on two sides of a war on the same server. It is completely lore breaking and is far too easy for people to spy or cheat in pvp. I hope you don't need to do this to get HK as I enjoyed that companion in the original game.

I refuse to have characters on two sides of a war on the same server. It is completely lore breaking and is far too easy for people to spy or cheat in pvp. I hope you don't need to do this to get HK as I enjoyed that companion in the original game.

From Here:

GarrickBlackSun: I understand he is a long way off, but could you please possibly give us any sort of clearer or better insight to the unlocking of HK-51?

Daniel Erickson (Lead Game Designer)]: The only thing we’re saying today is its going to take a serious amount of work, involves a galaxy-wide mission, introduces some different ways of playing the game and most people will need to have a 50 of one faction and at least a mid-level character from the other faction. Get working on those Legacy characters!

So yes you will have to have a character of the oposite faction to unlock HK-51.

Edited by Urael

How the heck does it allow you to cheat in PVP? And how does it break lore? How does a server seperation keep the lore intact? I'm so confused...

From Here:

So yes you will have to have a character of the oposite faction to unlock HK-51.

That doesn't say they have to be on the same server. Just having one level 50 on one faction and a mid level character on the other faction could be on two different servers.

That doesn't say they have to be on the same server. Just having one level 50 on one faction and a mid level character on the other faction could be on two different servers.

True but, it's implied since as of now Legacy is not bound on account it is bound on server.

How the heck does it allow you to cheat in PVP? And how does it break lore? How does a server seperation keep the lore intact? I'm so confused...

Seriously? You log on a Repub side and in vent tell all your Empire guildies what is going on, whose where, etc. Breaking lore? Who in the world would fight on both sides of the same war? That's like suggesting it would be fine for a soldier to have fought for Germany and the USA in WW2 just for the kicks.

True but, it's implied since as of now Legacy is not bound on account it is bound on server.

I'm hoping that if that is true his comment of "most people will need...." will mean you can do it with one faction only on a server. I'm not having characters on both side on the same server no matter what the carrot is.

It is a valid concern "especially" for PVP-RP servers. There was much "spying" and joining of enemy factions back in the Pre-CU days of SWG to learn about city defenses and such. :D

Oh and not to mention all the spying that happened in MxO between factions and guilds.

Edited by Urael

My primary faction is empire but I had a republic alt before the announcement was made, and I made a 2nd one shortly afterward. I like it that the 2 sides have moments that interweave the stories, especially the reversals of fortune for Taris and Balmorra.

Observation: Multiple unwarranted assumptions of 'random toon at low level'

Conclusion: Head up nether region.

Your assumption is no more valid - so take your conclusion to the spot you suggested ;)

Seriously? You log on a Repub side and in vent tell all your Empire guildies what is going on, whose where, etc. Breaking lore? Who in the world would fight on both sides of the same war? That's like suggesting it would be fine for a soldier to have fought for Germany and the USA in WW2 just for the kicks.

That doesn't make sense to me...

You are the player controling all the characters...not all the characters themselves. Unless you consider yourself the 'actual character' it wouldn't be lore breaking. Each of your characters has an alliance to their faction and you (the player) are neutral playing the game. With that logic it would be lore breaking to play as more than 1 character...because how can you be in more than 1 location during the war at once... how are you a smuggler and a trooper...

I feel like you are trolling me.

And how can you cheat specifically... eavesdropping on huttball strategies? I feel like this game isn't so complex that you can give away peoples strategies in warzones. If someone has taken this game that seriously to invest so much time and energy to give his group an edge against the enemy... maybe he deserves what ever edge he can somehow gain.