Rot Worms OP B'cuz Gun Rack Closer to Spawn

DroidDreamer

Just kidding! That's some fake QQ for you as a reminder that:

You're supposed to have fun when you play, even if things don't always go your way, and...

HUTTBALL IS AWESOME!

In the spirit of GOOD SPORTSMANSHIP, post your favorite plays by the enemy Huttball team.

:D:D:D

My favorite enemy team play:

I knocked the ball carrier back into the acid pit, put my four second stun on him, and just as he was frying in the acid electrocuted, an enemy sorc pulls him to the upper platform out of harms way and past the first fire trap. It was super fast and great positioning. This Sith salutes you!

The enemy ball carrier is about to die near the middle, it looks like we are about to get the ball..

and the powertech throws it in the air, where another enemy catches it in mid-air as he falls down from a vent shooting him up.

I'm not sure it was planned, but the guy was a sorceror and he went (force)running like heck once he realized what he had done.

I once timed a pull just as the ball was being thrown to a enemy player up on our goal line and caused a interception. I have also timed a pull when a player was passing the ball to a player in scoring position. It's pretty funny to watch.

Shadows and Assassins have a lot more utility than you think. Enemy pulls are just as good as friendly pulls in Huttball.

Played a match against an Imp premade with a crazy good mara. This guy would jump off platforms and time his force leap perfectly to hop over to people. Did several amazing leaps over to our respawners for easy scores.

Played a match against an Imp premade with a crazy good mara. This guy would jump off platforms and time his force leap perfectly to hop over to people. Did several amazing leaps over to our respawners for easy scores.

Yes, not sure if it was my team or the other but I've seen a pull from mid to past the acid and then a leap from the lower platform to a respawner at the top platform between the two fire pits. Just amazing.

Totally agreed also on enemy pulls being lots of fun. I secretly would prefer it to a friendly pull on my sorc.

With the score tied with less than a minute left, we had the ball on the side of our own pit. I was positioned ahead of our ball carrier towards mid and used extricate about a sec after an enemy BH grappled him from the catwalk firepit. It was funny seeing the ball carrier fly 15m one way then about 20m the other direction without touching the ground.

With the score tied with less than a minute left, we had the ball on the side of our own pit. I was positioned ahead of our ball carrier towards mid and used extricate about a sec after an enemy BH grappled him from the catwalk firepit. It was funny seeing the ball carrier fly 15m one way then about 20m the other direction without touching the ground.

Haven't seen that but back to back pulls, leaps and throws really change up the pace, dynamic and dimensions of the game. Lots of fun on offense and defense. :D

As a healer huttball is lame I drop right away almost everytime. Why they'd make a WZ that made certain abilities OP is beyond me.

When I'm on my shadow, sage or sorc I stay :p

The abilities in Huttball are the same as in any other warzone

• 2 weeks later...

Fantastic Huttball play by the OTHER team last night. Lost 3 to 0 but made them earn each point and it was 0 to 0 for most of the match. But the highlight I wanted to share with my fellow Huttball fans who are also good sports is this:

I was playing defense on our right upper platform on our side of the firepit. An enemy BH had the ball and was waiting to cross the firepit towards me. I had my four second stun ready to stun him above the fire pit. At the last minute, he throws the ball to his waiting friend in the same spot on the left side. I start backing up to go around to head off the new ball carrier when -- *blam* -- the BH who had the ball a moment ago pulls me into the fire pit directly in front of me.

Superb Huttball play! He kept me tied up on the right side, threw to his buddy on the left side at the last minute and then pulled me in to keep me from stopping his friend.

I've only seen this once, but it blew my mind. Absolutely blew it.

There was a premade (I'm assuming) of stealthers. They lined up in stealth with one person on the ramp over the acid, one person on the central ramp (between the two fire pits), and one person just in front of the goal line. The final stealther grabbed the ball right after a score. They passed up, passed forward, passed down, and scored in like five seconds.

They all vanished right after throwing, and almost managed to pull it off a second time. I barely managed to catch one with a Stealth Scan, then harpoon into a fire right before he caught it.

I almost want to start playing my Shadow again just so I can try to make that happen.

Edited by Philosomanic

Fantastic Huttball play last night by the enemy team: We were up 4 to 0 for most of the game. In the last five minutes or so, the other side finally got its act together and scored four points, going for the tie with less than a minute to play. We killed their ball carrier but our Sorc ball carrier failed to pass at the last minute -- probably stunnlocked despite my heals, purges and static barrier -- and the other team got possession of the ball with five seconds left to play! Heart-pounding fun, drama and action!

Cools to watch but total horse $h!t - Jug pulls ball, Sorc Pulls jug, jug leaps to enemy, knocks back and leaps again ... score. Not sure his feet ever hit the ground. Guys name was flyingmonkey or something like that. That took about 5 GCDs to score, they pulled it a few times..

Played against this team once:

x4 Juggernauts (tank spec)

x4 Sorcs (heal spec)

Needless to say, it was the worst beating I've ever taken in Huttball. Score 6-0 in less than 3 minutes.

As ranked WZs mature, this type of game play, and the counters to it, is going to get really interesting. And, yes, there will be a counter to it.

Fantastic Huttball play by the OTHER team last night. Lost 3 to 0 but made them earn each point and it was 0 to 0 for most of the match. But the highlight I wanted to share with my fellow Huttball fans who are also good sports is this:

I was playing defense on our right upper platform on our side of the firepit. An enemy BH had the ball and was waiting to cross the firepit towards me. I had my four second stun ready to stun him above the fire pit. At the last minute, he throws the ball to his waiting friend in the same spot on the left side. I start backing up to go around to head off the new ball carrier when -- *blam* -- the BH who had the ball a moment ago pulls me into the fire pit directly in front of me.

Superb Huttball play! He kept me tied up on the right side, threw to his buddy on the left side at the last minute and then pulled me in to keep me from stopping his friend.

It was essentially "play action" like you see in football when the quarterback draws in the defense with the fake hand off for a run, but then moves to pass... except that in the case the quarterback also pulled the safety into a fire trap! Hahaha!

Not sure if you're talking about me, but if you are... thank you. =p

2 uses of Talent-Improved Predation back-to-back pretty much guarantees any Carnage marauder the ability to score (provided that their defensives are off CD) in under 10s even without using charge and they picked up the ball from center. It's called "RAPTOR HAXX!". ;) Edited by SinnedWill

It was essentially "play action" like you see in football when the quarterback draws in the defense with the fake hand off for a run, but then moves to pass... except that in the case the quarterback also pulled the safety into a fire trap! Hahaha!

I prefer the "give-and-go" tactic on my sorcerer. Someone passes me the ball since I'm ahead of them (yet still not within range for my force-speed to cause a goal), so I extricate the most capable ball-carrying teammate near me to me, bubble him use my aoe knockback, then pass him the ball - sometimes this might even be the same person that actually passed it to me, which is why I call it the "give-and-go" - an old hockey move where you pass to a teammate on the side (opposing team directs attention to him) while you keep skating forward and are now open further up the ice.