East/West vs Snow/Grass

Sock_Bramson

East and West are kinda ok but when on opposite team this does not work as you are facing other direction.

On the other hand Left/Right always works as no matter which team you are on look at minimap and stays the same.

So in other words, you have no idea how basic cardinal directions work. And even worse, you are completely unaware of your dysfunction. Gg.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So in other words, you have no idea how basic cardinal directions work. And even worse, you are completely unaware of your dysfunction. Gg.

Basically this. It's amazing how much you can learn about someone's IQ from a few forum posts...

Edited by matslarson

I use East and West, but FFS, don't belittle people if they choose to use Grass and Snow, or even Left or Right (maybe not for Coast). Okay it may take you a second to interpret it, but others may take a second to interpret East and West. Everyone's different, just be glad they actually make shout outs.

I use East and West, but FFS, don't belittle people if they choose to use Grass and Snow, or even Left or Right (maybe not for Coast).

It's not belittling to comment on their lack of understanding in basic skills which are universal. It's simply the truth that they are obviously intellectually deficient. It's the same as someone not knowing how to tie their bloody shoes and instead relying on slip-ons and velcro.

Edited by Vaipyr

I use East and West, but FFS, don't belittle people if they choose to use Grass and Snow, or even Left or Right (maybe not for Coast). Okay it may take you a second to interpret it, but others may take a second to interpret East and West. Everyone's different, just be glad they actually make shout outs.

Agreed. Idk about everyone else here, but what i do when someone says grass or left is, I USE MY BRAIN TO FIGURE OUT WHAT DIRECTION THEY MEAN.

It's not belittling to comment on their lack of understanding in basic skills which are universal. It's simply the truth that they are obviously intellectually deficient. It's the same as someone not knowing how to tie their bloody shoes and instead relying on slip-ons and velcro.

You beat me to it Vaipyr :rod_tongue_p:

Agreed. Idk about everyone else here, but what i do when someone says grass or left is, I USE MY BRAIN TO FIGURE OUT WHAT DIRECTION THEY MEAN.

99% of the time, you're correct and that works fine. It's usually not difficult to tell what they mean, but there are situations, such as defense on Voidstar where it is genuinely impossible to be certain which frame of reference left/right refers to.

That's different. I'm saying there's preference. There's a difference between not being able to tie shoe laces, and simply finding slip-ons easier. You're just taking the piss out of people who prefer a certain method over another. That's almost as bad as saying I shouldn't play Marauder because you like to work with Juggernauts instead, and then proceed to call me a noob because you assume that I can't play as a Jugg.

99% of the time, you're correct and that works fine. It's usually not difficult to tell what they mean, but there are situations, such as defense on Voidstar where it is genuinely impossible to be certain which frame of reference left/right refers to.

99% of the 1% it is the door where 0-2 people and not 6-7 on your team is :D

99% of the 1% it is the door where 0-2 people and not 6-7 on your team is :D

And the other 1% is split 50/50 between playing with a decent premade that doesn't leave doors with 0-1 defenders and when both teams are attacking/defending with 4 on each side, but one door currently has someone planting. If your team has 7 people standing around doing nothing on one side while 1 tanks the entire opposing team on the other, a call out isn't going to suddenly make them less idiotic. It's these 1% of 1% of situations in which a call is actually necessary and can prevent the cap, but left/right doesn't convey the necessary information.

Yeah of course i see your point. The fact is this will always be an issue because there will always be at least one person who is confused.

Yeah of course i see your point. The fact is this will always be an issue because there will always be at least one person who is confused.

True, but my point is that when you call left/right and people are confused it's because you called using an arbitrarily decided relative direction. When you call using snow/grass people get confused because you called using a feature of the landscape that they can't see from their current position if they're in/under the middle. When you call east/west and people are confused it's because they are idiots who don't understand cardinal directions.

Edited by matslarson

When you call east/west and people are confused it's because they are idiots who don't understand cardinal directions.

All I want is for you guys to stop ripping each other apart over this. Just accept that there are differences and it really doesn't make a significant part of the gameplay. Who's to say that guy ripping you to shreds isn't using snow/grass? Are you still going to call him an idiot after his team wins and he's ranked top?

True, but my point is that when you call left/right and people are confused it's because you called using an arbitrarily decided relative direction. When you call using snow/grass people get confused because you called using a feature of the landscape that they can't see from their current position if they're in/under the middle. When you call east/west and people are confused it's because they are idiots who don't understand cardinal directions.

I definitely see tour point, but imo it ends up not really mattering who is the idiot because the result is often the same regardless. Either way...yeah its not that big of a deal ingame.

But when people come here saying "east and west is different depending on what side you spawn"....yeah. i just cant let that slide.

Just accept that there are differences

Yeah, you're right. The difference being that people who don't understand east/west are idiots without the ability to understand a basic and universal human concept/definition. The people that do understand it are normal.

Yeah, you're right. The difference being that people who don't understand east/west are idiots without the ability to understand a basic and universal human concept/definition. The people that do understand it are normal.

While i agree that its pretty retarded not to understand this basic concept, there are good players who just dont get it. Theres a guy in my guild who definitely a "better" pvper than i. But he has to use snow/grass because he gets mixed up with east/west.

Kind of idiot savant of him. I cant really call him out for it because hes the kind of player that literally turns games around. All shapes and sizes /shrug.

I still think everyone should just use cardinals thpugh lol.

While i agree that its pretty retarded not to understand this basic concept, there are good players who just dont get it. Theres a guy in my guild who definitely a "better" pvper than i. But he has to use snow/grass because he gets mixed up with east/west.

Kind of idiot savant of him. I cant really call him out for it because hes the kind of player that literally turns games around. All shapes and sizes /shrug.

I still think everyone should just use cardinals thpugh lol.

I can't argue that there are people without basic knowledge or capacity who can play games (or craft, etc) well. Hell most pro athletes are certifiably retarded, but they can play a mean game of "whatever". It's not like I'm a genius either (if I was I sure as hell wouldn't waste my time on MMO's, I'd be rich and doing something better in life) so this isn't like some ego thing. Just opinions. Like ******es and all. ;)

Let me give a summary of acceptable terminology:

Civil War:

East/west and Snow/grass are both acceptable.

left/right is not on this map.

Voidstar:

Left/right and East/west are both acceptable.

Left/right is always from the perspective of where you spawn.

Novare Coast:

West east and south. Mid is also an acceptable term for "south." I prefer mid, despite most people saying south. I guess it's from all my games of CW.

With the server merges, you should know both east/west and snow/grass/left/right for each map.

Different servers tended to use different terms. Don't act like your server's term was the only or the best one.

I do snow/grass because its retardproof.

And in voidstar I call weakside/strongside help.

If you dont know which is which. Look around, if you see 5+ red. You're strong side. If you see 1-3 You're weakside.

In voidstar you could pretty much just type "they are at the other door" and everyone would understand.

Voidstar:

Left/right and East/west are both acceptable.

Left/right is always from the perspective of where you spawn.

Always? Says who, you? For the last f**king time, there is no consensus about whether left/right is from the perspective of spawn or the perspective of the minimap, and they are not the same direction. People have said they use both perspectives in this thread alone, so just don't use left/right unless you want half your team to think you mean the other door.

Please actually read some of the thread before you post and don't state your opinion as if it's law.

Edited by matslarson

Why are people even arguing this? I've played 1000x civil wars, since the very first one it has been grass/snow. No one within a match has ever complained that this was confusing.

People will stop killing the other side to argue where left/right are.

Edited by Kaltastic

Why are people even arguing this? I've played 1000x civil wars, since the very first one it has been grass/snow. No one within a match has ever complained that this was confusing. People will stop killing the other side to argue left/right.

People calling left/right on defense in Voidstar is a much bigger issue than snow/grass on Civil War.

Why are people even arguing this? I've played 1000x civil wars, since the very first one it has been grass/snow. No one within a match has ever complained that this was confusing. People will stop killing the other side to argue left/right.

grass/snow are at least objective markers, so I don't mind people using this that much.

Left/right however are totally retarded, and people that use it in VS piss me off. I tell them to use west or east, but some are too stubborn.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.