1.3 Nerfs DPS Operatives the Worst (Again)

TiTaNsFaN

Title. Why? Huge burst damage potential nerf. Which class is affected most by drops in burst damage? ding.

Been arguing this point all day to idiots saying "NO IT AFFECTS US ALL EQUALLY." Name me another class as impotent as concealment without their initial burst opener?

The least useful melee class becomes even less useful.

Hi, I'm one of those elusive Carnage Marauders.

I, too, rely on burst damage.

You know what a Carnage Marauder is w/out burst? A glorified lv10 Warrior w/ a couple extra roots and a speed buff.

Deal w/ it like the rest of us and quit whining about how BW hates you. Although, w/ as much as you Operatives bish about every single thing under the sun being a nerf SPECIFICALLY TO YOUR CLASS, I would really be amazed if anyone DIDN'T hate you guys. <.<

You know how many healers use adrenals and power relics ? ALL OF THE GOOD ONES.

Fixed this for you.

Edited by Varicite

Quit QQ about loss of burst damage.. TTK is going down on everyone.. why? but we are loosing on use relics!.. who cares you are going to gain relics that can give you 113 constent power each.. plus we are getting more augment slots = a little less burst damage but alot higher consistent damage

OP healers will be that much more necessary and overpowered, while OP DPS will remain the worst melee DPS in the game. Bioware doesn't know how to balance this game for ****.

You must have missed the part where self healing for operatives is being reduced by 6% (it's in concealment tree btw, so concealment is double nerfed). I could care less about relics to be honest, concealment isn't a viable spec as is, who cares if something that's already broken gets broken even more by relic/adrenal nerf? So next patch not only will I do 6% less healing, switching to concealment goes from being simply stupid to insanely stupid, and being a biochem I can't use adrenals nor sell them anymore to pvpers. Thanks BIOWARE! I hope i get a chance to return the favor someday somehow.

You must have missed the part where self healing for operatives is being reduced by 6% (it's in concealment tree btw, so concealment is double nerfed). I could care less about relics to be honest, concealment isn't a viable spec as is, who cares if something that's already broken gets broken even more by relic/adrenal nerf? So next patch not only will I do 6% less healing, switching to concealment goes from being simply stupid to insanely stupid, and being a biochem I can't use adrenals nor sell them anymore to pvpers. Thanks BIOWARE! I hope i get a chance to return the favor someday somehow.

6% self-healing isn't going to make or break an Op healer, especially when they can just spam Surgical Probe on themself below 30% for free and w/ 0 cooldown or cast-time.

You act like chipping a nail means that arm is now useless.

Edited by Varicite

Maybe I'm in the minority but I'm happy for the changes. I don't like having to rely on a cool down mechanic to make me viable.

Here is the real kicker, though. 1.3 is going to really show who does and who does not need help for PvP. I'm fearful that the healers are going to be a bit too potent as they now have added full time healing on their side. But in the case of my Operative, and players like me, this is really going to shed a light on what we already see in PvE. We're slightly behind the curve in both DPS specs and most of that has to do with sustained DPS. While that could use a tweaking, I'd much rather see a slight boost to survivability as we neither have the armor/hps nor do we have appropriately balanced defensive cool downs. Popping a 2 min talented cool down only to have it broken a second later isn't enough.

happy to hear this! because im tired of being stunned and brought to at least 3/4 health before im even able to do anything. and usually you stealth types run around together doubling the cc and the dmg.

Don't worry, that part isn't going to be nerfed.

<3

you know whats funny as i read more comments here? the crying about, and maybe you dont see this, but about how you cant easily pwn as much as you think you should be able to.

ill let you do major dps. ok ill give you that. but i want you to be able to be killed just as fast as you can kill me. THATS balance. if you can kill fast, you sure as @#$$ should go down fast.

but no, you want BOTH. youre crying for both. youre saying bw doesnt know how to balance because theyre taking away a little bit of our ability to heal yourself.

for hecks sakes YOURE INVISIBLE MOST THE TIME. do you know how much a pain it is hunting invisible people? do you know how hard it is to kill someone you cant see? and even when we DO see you, you have so much cc and heals and re stealth we have a hard time killing you anyway.

but killing you anyway is usually pointless as if we try, youve already done so much dmg to us that we end up losing because we start out way behind you.

so stop crying about balance because that is exactly what they are doing. you mistake them making you easily pwn ppl for balancing the game. mistake.

enjoy playing like the rest of us. enjoy more fair fights. thats balance.

6% self-healing isn't going to make or break an Op healer, especially when they can just spam Surgical Probe on themself below 30% for free and w/ 0 cooldown or cast-time.

You act like chipping a nail means that arm is now useless.

Heh would you like 6% nerf to your self healing perhaps? Why not increase it by 6% instead of reduce since by your logic 6% does not make or break? 6% healing increase is what about 500-600 expertise, or maybe a few hundred cunning, we just plainly lost that out of nowhere. As far as self healing is concerned I might as well be wearing a little above recruit gear instead of mostly WH.

IMHO it does break OP. Survivability is key, unless your're talking about PVE raids. Dead healers don't heal much you know. 6% to healing nerf is rather huge, because everything is relative to everyone else. Across the board nerfs don't concern me so much, BW can tweak their game as much as they like. What matters most is how my class compares to yours or anyone elses, and as of next patch it will be healing for 6% less than before.

Edited by KonstantinT

Heh would you like 6% nerf to your self healing perhaps? Why not increase it by 6% instead of reduce since by your logic 6% does not make or break?

IMHO it does break OP. Survivability is key, unless your're talking about PVE raids. Dead healers don't heal much you know. 6% to healing nerf is rather huge, because everything is relative to everyone else. Across the board nerfs don't concern me so much, BW can tweak their game as much as they like. What matters most is how my class compares to yours or anyone elses, and as of next patch it will be healing for 6% less than before.

Um, I'm maining a Carnage Marauder currently, and I have 0 self-heals. <.<

So I hope you're not looking for sympathy.

Right now, Op healers stand head and shoulders above the other 2 healers. How's that for "how your class compares to mine or anyone elses"?

You are NOT healing for 6% less than before, you are healing everyone in your group just as well as before, if not better.

YOU, however, have an eff-ton of survivability in 0 cooldown, 0 resource cost Surgical Probe spam at 30% on top of whatever other CC/mobility you chose to spec into while you kite people around LoS objects.

So no, 6% isn't all that much. You're being toned down because BW feels your survivability is too strong, and honestly, they are probably right if the "metric" is the survivability of the other 2 healers.

you know whats funny as i read more comments here? the crying about, and maybe you dont see this, but about how you cant easily pwn as much as you think you should be able to.

ill let you do major dps. ok ill give you that. but i want you to be able to be killed just as fast as you can kill me. THATS balance. if you can kill fast, you sure as @#$$ should go down fast.

but no, you want BOTH. youre crying for both. youre saying bw doesnt know how to balance because theyre taking away a little bit of our ability to heal yourself.

for hecks sakes YOURE INVISIBLE MOST THE TIME. do you know how much a pain it is hunting invisible people? do you know how hard it is to kill someone you cant see? and even when we DO see you, you have so much cc and heals and re stealth we have a hard time killing you anyway.

but killing you anyway is usually pointless as if we try, youve already done so much dmg to us that we end up losing because we start out way behind you.

so stop crying about balance because that is exactly what they are doing. you mistake them making you easily pwn ppl for balancing the game. mistake.

Healing operatives rarely stealth. Because after you come out of stealth you can not be healed for a certain amount of time (eternity actually in pvp terms). To be able to get heals in stealth you have to spec deep into concealment tree. Just wanted to clear that up, you seem to think we're running 31/31/31 specs.

Right now operative healing or (concealment for that matter) can hardly as you put it, pwn anyone. Healers heal, they don't dps. They survive long enough to deny objectives, they allow others to survive when not in danger themselves. Healing self comes first, like I said in previous post dead healers don't heal. Only exception is sacrificing to get an objective like healing ball carrier the last few steps they need to cross into endzone or to pass while letting yourself die for example.

You're comparing balance to 1v1 situations. Try it out. Equally geared operative healer can be killed in 1v1 by any class. Might take some doing but it's a 50/50 situation with equal gear and skill right now. (Keep in mind if you're tank spec trying to kill a healer and you do minimal dps or if you're another healer who also does minimal dps the fight may take literally forever with ample opportunities for both to get away from each other) -6% self healing is more along the lines of 47/53 odds in favor of the attacker.

Um, I'm maining a Carnage Marauder currently, and I have 0 self-heals. <.<

So I hope you're not looking for sympathy.

Right now, Op healers stand head and shoulders above the other 2 healers. How's that for "how your class compares to mine or anyone elses"?

You are NOT healing for 6% less than before, you are healing everyone in your group just as well as before, if not better.

YOU, however, have an eff-ton of survivability in 0 cooldown, 0 resource cost Surgical Probe spam at 30% on top of whatever other CC/mobility you chose to spec into while you kite people around LoS objects.

So no, 6% isn't all that much. You're being toned down because BW feels your survivability is too strong, and honestly, they are probably right if the "metric" is the survivability of the other 2 healers.

What BW feels, isn't always right. Same goes for myself and anyone else of course. What I personally feel however is that it is a big nerf to the only viable spec left to us. Lethality is a joke and is designed for sniper not operative, concealment has been nerfed time and again (including this time). I also feel that I make progress with gear only to be thrown back each time by class changes to where I started.

Right to feel that way or wrong we may never know, because the concept of right or wrong itself is a matter of opinion. As in years from now looking back at this even if there isn't a single change to the game between now and then it still will not be clear nor will we both agree on same thing.

All of this complaining from a poster that *****ed about being taken down to 3/4 life before you can react. Hypocritical much?