The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Healers are fine. Perfectly fine. In fact probably a little more than fine.

ProfessorWalsh

Also the sorc cant put up big numbers when on the run (kiting) which is the only way we will survive a decent dpser because our heals on the run are lacklustre.

Lackluster is putting it very nicely lol.

We get a small HoT (300/sec for 9 seconds) with a small upfront heal (crits at 1.5k). With talents the HoT gives a 10% armor boost.

We also get a small heal with a talented Purge.

Everything else requires us to stand perfectly still and hope for no interruption/knockback/pull/stun.

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Healers in TOR are 100% fine.

I've been PVP'ing all day against "supposedly nerfed healers" and when played properly they are fine. In fact today felt almost like pre 1.2 as I wailed and wailed away on healers that (1) Could not be interrupted, and (2) could vanish whenever they needed to in order to escape. Sometimes we had 2 or 3 people on one healer and the healer wasn't going down, of course they had other healers healing them but that is how it is supposed to be.

Are healers overpowered? Am I calling for a nerf?

Not really.

Darn frustrating. Enough to make me decide to stop PVP'ing for the night, but I wouldn't say overpowered or in need of a nerf. I would say in some situational circumstances some healers are overpowered. I would say that healing in Huttball is a bit on the overpowered side but I wouldn't say they need to be nerfed.

They absolutely don't need to be buffed.

Already games are decided more or less on which team has the most operative/scoundrel healers. Anyone who thinks that healers need help simply needs to play some PVP with some good players and they need to make friends with tanks. Not once today was I able to solo a healer and I was finishing games with 600,000 damage dealt out. So no healers... You are fine... Perfectly fine.

Couldn't interrupted? Vanish? I know that Ops can't vanish in-combat so you're speaking about Shadows/Assassins?

They're DPS or Tanks not healers. As for the Operatives, they can be interrupted and they can't vanish in combat.

So I'm not certain what this thread is actually about.

Couldn't interrupted? Vanish? I know that Ops can't vanish in-combat so you're speaking about Shadows/Assassins?

They're DPS or Tanks not healers. As for the Operatives, they can be interrupted and they can't vanish in combat.

Weird. My Sawbones-specced Scoundrel can perfectly vanish in combat using Disappearing Act (all the better if I use Dodge beforehand to remove whatever DoTs I might have on me). Poor Operatives, they must be truly gimped.

So I'm not certain what this post is actually about.

You have NO CLUE on what you're talking about, sir.

1.) operatives/scounds healers have instant-cast HoT ability (can stack 2) - and they have an instant-cast (moderate-to-strong heal that consumes 1 Tactical Advantage/Upperhand charge - or... if used on targets with under 30% health, completely free - so you can pressure an ops/scound healer and he'll purposely let you drop him below 30% health so that he can begin to free-cast this heal almost endlessly - they'll need to regain TA's/UH's either by using an activated heal or having ticks from their HoT ability crit -which is often enough- and then they sit there at full energy and laugh while you watch them heal all your damage - this typically makes them a royal pain for marauders since maras don't have a hard stun).

2.) Ops/Scounds most certainly DO have a combat cloak. In fact it works IDENTICALLY to that of the shadow/assassin cloak. While we're at it, since you don't seem to know much about any class other than shadow/assassin, I'll let you know that marauders/sentinels also have a combat cloak (though it doesn't bring them out of combat, it does have other advantages - but it's a temporary stealth).

Healers are fine. The healing combat and interrupt design is trash.

BW should be revamping healing synergy between tanks/healers and improving the pace of healing gameplay, but instead they made healing more clunky and slow in 1.2.

Forums on MMORPG are exploding with swtor f2p comments >.<. I wonder if there's any correlation.

Edited by Awayy

Weird. My Sawbones-specced Scoundrel can perfectly vanish in combat using Disappearing Act (all the better if I use Dodge beforehand to remove whatever DoTs I might have on me). Poor Operatives, they must be truly gimped.

So I'm not certain what this post is actually about.

Only time you should use Dodge before DA is if you have a LOT of DoT's/debuffs present on you. If you only have 2 DoT's on you, you should just cleanse it and save your dodge for a better moment.

Mando healing is fine, the ammo management is not. geting 30 stacks of charged cells just to get 1 ammo back is annoying.

I just moved from the server in my sig to The Fatman and the PvP is faster but a lot less skilled on both sides. if you are a healer and something is attacking you move out of its range or line of sight and you will live over 9000!xs :D longer.

Healers are fine. The healing combat and interrupt deign is trash.

BW should be revamping healing synergy between tanks/healers and improving the pace of healing gameplay, but instead they made healing more clunky and slow in 1.2.

Forums on MMORPG are exploding with swtor f2p comments >.<. I wonder if there's any correlation.

Nothing slow or clunky about ops/scounds healing (who tend to only have resource management issues if they mix in offense with their healing). Also, I don't know what server you play on, but healers can still be very OP'd. Hell, last night I was in a game against a sage healer that had almost 700k healing (albeit, it was a rather long Novare Coast - ended up being a 6%-0% game).

Basically, most healers need to know what stats to stack (and how much), they need their teammates (and themself, of course) to have the companion maxed affection/conversation completion passive buffs (healing received, crit chance, surge value, max health all being the most significant) and they need to know intimately how to heal (i.e. pre-casting a long/strong heal when a burst class BEGINS wailing on an ally, throwing a HoT or channeled heal on an ally getting hit by a class that dishes out sustained damage, etc.).

Mando healing is fine, the ammo management is not. geting 30 stacks of charged cells just to get 1 ammo back is annoying.

I just moved from the server in my sig to The Fatman and the PvP is faster but a lot less skilled on both sides. if you are a healer and something is attacking you move out of its range or line of sight and you will live over 9000!xs :D longer.

Heh, large populations are prone to having increased quantities of less intelligent/skilled players - I got moved to Shadowlands last night, and it's unfortunate how many of these players happen to be imperial pugs - sure the queues are great - it's nice to have Ilum available for pvp again and there are usually 8-10 warzones going on at any givent time, but good god the overall IQ average for pugs dropped drastically.

I've been PVP'ing all day against "supposedly nerfed healers" and when played properly they are fine. In fact today felt almost like pre 1.2 as I wailed and wailed away on healers that (1) Could not be interrupted, and (2) could vanish whenever they needed to in order to escape. Sometimes we had 2 or 3 people on one healer and the healer wasn't going down, of course they had other healers healing them but that is how it is supposed to be.

Not really.

Darn frustrating. Enough to make me decide to stop PVP'ing for the night, but I wouldn't say overpowered or in need of a nerf. I would say in some situational circumstances some healers are overpowered. I would say that healing in Huttball is a bit on the overpowered side but I wouldn't say they need to be nerfed.

Already games are decided more or less on which team has the most operative/scoundrel healers. Anyone who thinks that healers need help simply needs to play some PVP with some good players and they need to make friends with tanks. Not once today was I able to solo a healer and I was finishing games with 600,000 damage dealt out. So no healers... You are fine... Perfectly fine.

Just imagine healers after 1.3 with the loss of relics for burst damage and adrenals only giving damage reduction.

And I'm well aware that healers can/do use relics/adrenals to improve their healing abilities, but they really don't need to when their team has 3 or more healers that tend to stick together.

Edited by SinnedWill

Every post the OP makes reenforced my opinion that he is simply an extremely bad player.

+1.

Ops/Scound healers (particularly the good ones) are almost nigh impregnable if they want to be. Sure, you can dedicate your efforts to force them to focus on self-healing much more significantly than team healing, but they pose an issue to anyone that lacks burst damage AND a hard stun (they can spam instant-heals indefinitely on themself each time they drop below 30% - so this is where the stuns are necessary and marauders/sentinels, who excel at pressuring healers happen to lack a hard stun - assassins and/or dps ops/scounds are better against them for this reason).

Only time you should use Dodge before DA is if you have a LOT of DoT's/debuffs present on you. If you only have 2 DoT's on you, you should just cleanse it and save your dodge for a better moment.

Can't cleanse Force DoTs. Only Dodge removes them. Besides, it's not a terribly long cooldown.

Edited by Helig

Nothing slow or clunky about ops/scounds healing (who tend to only have resource management issues if they mix in offense with their healing). Also, I don't know what server you play on, but healers can still be very OP'd. Hell, last night I was in a game against a sage healer that had almost 700k healing (albeit, it was a rather long Novare Coast - ended up being a 6%-0% game).

Basically, most healers need to know what stats to stack (and how much), they need their teammates (and themself, of course) to have the companion maxed affection/conversation completion passive buffs (healing received, crit chance, surge value, max health all being the most significant) and they need to know intimately how to heal (i.e. pre-casting a long/strong heal when a burst class BEGINS wailing on an ally, throwing a HoT or channeled heal on an ally getting hit by a class that dishes out sustained damage, etc.).

I said healers are fine in terms of balance. I don't know why you are replying to me with a healerRfine comment, but I partly agree with the op statement (I still go bored out my mind on mine tho). Thankfully, The op combat has slightly improved since 1.2, but I was mainly referring to seer and BH/T.

Healing combat itself is awful. It's almost dumbed downed to rotations (I want to facepalm every time I read the "healing rotation"), and there is still no or little implications with the energy system for seers in pve. Healing methods rarely change because there is little to no modification on how you heal. The healing tools are limited, and there are way too many abilities that are only used because talent synergy.

There are a lot of people who heal because they find it fun (shocker to some). It doesn't matter if healing is perfectly balanced if the healing combat itself is uninteresting and boring.

/end rant

Edited by Awayy

Can't cleanse Force DoTs. Only Dodge removes them. Besides, it's not a terribly long cooldown.

I've seen ops/scound healers removing my madness sorcerer's DoT's every time - and I'm not just talking about through the usage of evasion since they are doing this every 7.5s or so. Pretty sure evasion's cooldown is longer than that.

I said healers are fine in terms of balance. I don't know why you are replying to me with a healerRfine comment, but I partly agree with the op statement (I still go bored out my mind on mine tho). Thankfully, The op combat has slightly improved since 1.2, but I was mainly referring to seer and BH/T.

Healing combat itself is awful. It's almost dumbed downed to rotations (I want to facepalm every time I read the "healing rotation"), and there is still no or little implications with the energy system for seers in pve. Healing methods rarely change because there is little to no modification on how you heal. The healing tools are limited, and there are way too many abilities that are only used because talent synergy.

There are a lot of people who heal because they find it fun (shocker to some). It doesn't matter if healing is perfectly balanced if the healing combat itself is uninteresting and boring.

/end rant

When did I reply to you?

Playing a close to full War Hero geared combat medic with 19k+ health. If I'm not guarded and get focused by more than 2 decent dps, they can easily interrupt me constantly and burn right through me if I don't have my shield off cooldown. Without my Reactive Shield, I'm just as killable as anything, but for those 15 seconds its active, I can keep everyone alive. We really can't get away, most classes can slow us, pull us back, always something countering my knockback it seems. Sometimes the knockback feels useless, aside from using it to clear objectives and knock people into hazards.

Commando survivability is getting nerfed by the Heavy Trooper ability I believe.(Lower Heal Self%) Been awhile since I've reread the patch notes. If they do this, I wish they would GET RID OF OUR HEAL BEAM. I'll take the survivability nerf, just please turn that animation into something less COME GET ME I'M HEALING, anything but the beam.

I've seen ops/scound healers removing my madness sorcerer's DoT's every time - and I'm not just talking about through the usage of evasion since they are doing this every 7.5s or so. Pretty sure evasion's cooldown is longer than that.

Triage removes Tech and Physical debuffs baseline and Mental when talented. Evasion\dodge is on a 1-minute cooldown. Not very punishing, considering that I may need to disappear only once in 5-7 minutes or so.

I think healing is pretty close. The Op healers though Wow. My old server didn't have have any good ones and now there's a bunch now. I hit hard so when they are unguarded I can take Em down quick. Problem I see is guard. One of them guarded is near invincible in the right hands.

I'm not calling nerf or anything but they don't need to cast and it is much different than stopping the other 2 healers. To me more of the issue is with guard. I've always thought mitigating 50pct was too much.

Not really.

With burst damage being done away with, it will be impossible to kill a guarded healers especially if the tank guarding is smart enough to tank occassionally. They definitely don't need a buff at all.

You didn't call for a nerf, but I certainly am.

Not counting Ops which never seems to run out of resources, defeating healer isn't really about burst DPS anyway because a well protected one has multiple tools to deal with it. You either have multiple interrupts to ensure they can't heal in any meaningful capacity, or you just bleed them dry.