Serious overloading of servers

Obtena

He loves reading stuff into posts that aren't there. It's also funny how he dismisses arguments as 'opinion' when that's all he has to back up his claims lol. With that said, I have to agree that the queues aren't quite as bad as some make them out to be and the game has been more enjoyable. It's way too early to call this a success or failure though. Give it a month or two.

The que times have gone down on Ebon Hawk. There had been waiting times of 30 minutes when the transfers first were announced but I've noticed even though it is heavy or full at times there hasn't been any que times this week when I log in lately.

• Replies 755
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I sat in a queue for 35 mins (timed by stop watch, not from queue timer) and then again for 29 mins after I had to swap.

It wasn't the end of the world and was on the weekly high PT, but still those queues did exist, as did 6+ hour ones at launch (on some servers).

If you got the time to check how long the queue time is via stopwatch you got enough time on your hands to wait for those 35mins.

Just so I get this strait, folks are now complaining about how there are too many peeps to play with? How can an MMO have too many peeps to play with? Budget your time people. If you have to wait for a que go do the dishes while you wait. Laundry, clean the bathroom, put your clothes away, make a snack (not hot pockets), walk the dog, make sure the kids are doing their homework, burn one out, puff one and watch some TV, vacuum, etc etc etc....

How is it that this society got this lazy and impatient? GDI :jawa_frown:

Edited by Evironrage

Just sounds like a bnp thread. These foreigners are coming into our server and taking all our loots!!

Lol just thought that was funny. I do understand the complaint is valid to an extent but an mmo works better with larger communities and you can't expect bioware to stop ppl going into a server with free transfers.

Think how many more pissed off ppl there would be if 1/2 a guild moved to a server and the other half was told they couldn't change because more people would cause queues. They were damned either way, I think they made the best decision given the circumstances.

If you got the time to check how long the queue time is via stopwatch you got enough time on your hands to wait for those 35mins.

Why? :confused: If there was no queue I wouldn't be timing anything, I'd be playing.

However I keep getting told the queues I'm in are/were "imaginary", so I've started timing them. :p

People still swear there were "no" 6+ hour queues at lauch. :rolleyes:

Edited by Goretzu

Currently six EU servers that are full, half has queues.. rest are very heavy or heavy (apart from the origin servers). Makes me wonder how things will be tomorrow when everyone wants to check out 1.3 Edited by Lundli

I am sat in a 55 minute Q, why oh why oh why Bioware did you merge everyone into the ONE server in the EU that already had a very, very healthy population, all you are doing now is causing a bigger server queue and lag once you do get in. You really should have spread the players around a bit, yet another example of you not having a clue what you are doing.

<snip>

How is it that this society got this lazy and impatient? GDI :jawa_frown:

Simple. By accepting mediocrity and defending it thinking that those who dislike it are lazy and impatient.

Bioware seriously had enough data to not overcrowd servers via transfers.

It was even the entire argument behind the staggering as well, in which they left people without information and in the dark over.

It's quite funny that because people are unhappy with empty servers and unhappy with waiting in (long) queues - that it somehow comes down to "people just whining about everything", instead of perhaps - just perhaps - Bioware not controlling transfers well enough.

Why is it that you *have* to accept one of two negatives to not be stamped lazy or impatient; when it might as well be that the producers could deliver something more 'middle road' between the two negatives and solve both issues with one stroke.

Queues are normal at launch (although 6 hour queues at launch are just bad planning) in a MMO.

However they're rarely normal 6 months down the line, introduced by the company all over again.

I don't get this at all. Why is wanting the 'middle' option equated to being lazy and impatient? Whiny? Entitled? Or any other of those phrases a specific group of people will use to berate others?

The whiney generation at its best.

Took me <10 minutes to make half the way through my "55" minute queue.

I rather wait 20 minutes to log in than 40 minutes till a Warzone pops.

Why does it have to be one of the other? And why are people the 'whiny generation' (and which generation does this span?) when they dislike both negatives when there is another option possible?

Is the whiny generation those 30+ with families?

Edited by xandax

Here here. On my old server I spent 6hrs to run 3 warzones and because I lost one of those 3 I couldn't get my daily done. What about those who didn't win at all?

It's sad how people complain about everything. I can guarantee you the more people are happier with full servers than those who are not.

Here here. On my old server I spent 6hrs to run 3 warzones and because I lost one of those 3 I couldn't get my daily done. What about those who didn't win at all?

It's sad how people complain about everything. I can guarantee you the more people are happier with full servers than those who are not.

And I can guarantee you more people would be happier with almost full servers than are with overcrowded or empty.

So I'm in a situation where the server I have rolled on since December is now SO full that I'm unable to log in. I'm all for populated servers but this seems to be a large oversight on the part of BW ... do they not have the ability to count players and estimate how capable a server is to handle a specific number of players? I'm sure they do ... so why would they open a server for transfers BEYOND it's capacity? I'm pretty upset about it. What is the rational in increasing a server population by orders of magnitude and preventing people from playing their established characters?

Consumer: Our Server is empty Bioware, Do something!

Bioware: Today we allow people to travel to servers for them to not be empty anymore

Consumer: Thanks Bioware

Bioware: No problem, May the force be with you.

Consumer: My server is too full, Do something!

Bioware: Cool Story Bro, You asked for it.

Bioware: Today we allow people to travel to servers for them to not be empty anymore

Consumer: Thanks Bioware

Consumer: My server is too full, Do something!

Bioware: Cool Story Bro, You asked for it.

Whether by willing trying to ridicule the poster or by ignorance, you just don't get it, do you?

Why not the following scenario instead:

Consumer: My server is well populated. Thank you Bioware.

Why does it have to be either empty or overpopulated?

Edited by xandax

Grats for you that you seem to be able to time travel, so far my queuing time is pretty accurate and I have not been magically logged in after 10 minutes...The point you failed to pick up on, is why overload one server instead of spreading the number of users around....surely having several reasonably populated servers is better than one completely rammed and lagging server.

Edited by Archaar

Because day after day, people complain non stop about this game and when the company that always speaks peacefully and calm meets the consumers demand, they are never happy with it.

So why should I be serious if people are never happy with the service that they asked for, if not begged for, for months.

I like my new server. We have 200+ people online at a time in every planet. For the first time while leveling an alt, I was able to quickly find groups for the Heroic Quests.

I can totally deal with a little bit of lag till they fix it. My last server was a ghost town.

Because day after day, people complain non stop about this game and when the company that always speaks peacefully and calm meets the consumers demand, they are never happy with it.

So why should I be serious if people are never happy with the service that they asked for, if not begged for, for months.

So.... where did people ask for overpopulated servers compared to just populated servers?

Perhaps if Bioware didn't deliver one of the two negatives, but somewhere in between the two fewer people would complain 'non stop about this game' and you didn't have to try and ridicule others on the forum. (which for Bioware's part at least is possible with the data they've gathered over six months.)

So.... where did people ask for overpopulated servers compared to just populated servers?

Perhaps if Bioware didn't deliver one of the two negatives, but somewhere in between the two fewer people would complain 'non stop about this game' and you didn't have to try and ridicule others on the forum. (which for Bioware's part at least is possible with the data they've gathered over six months.)

Perhaps your right, perhaps next time bioware should've delayed it for another month and lost a whole bunch of subs just to make the minority happy.