Serious overloading of servers

Obtena

Perhaps your right, perhaps next time bioware should've delayed it for another month and lost a whole bunch of subs just to make the minority happy.

Or perhaps they should have distributed users properly across a number of servers....

• Replies 755
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Perhaps your right, perhaps next time bioware should've delayed it for another month and lost a whole bunch of subs just to make the minority happy.

Where did I say they should delay it? Heck - transfers were already a month or two too late to begin with.

However:

Bioware has 6 months of population data, they know who played when, where, how much and at what time.

Bioware staggered the transfers supposedly because they wanted to 'monitor' the situation.

So where is it defined that the only two possible scenarios that can exists are: empty servers or overpopulated servers?

And why is it expecting differently (aka a well populated server, instead of the two negative scenarios) means you're a 'whiner'?

I have no idea about what hardware specs the servers run on, but I HAVE heard something about "super servers" or something along those lines. Is that an increase in population cap? Maybe that would help alleviate some of the issues. I know a concern is having too many people in the area at once, but it seems the instancing should help fix that, right?

I don't know the answer to any of those questions because none of us are privy to that information, BUT I am sure that BW is aware of the situation. Contrary to what some people seem to think, no company is intentionally trying to screw its customers. That just wouldn't make any sense.

Does anyone know if they actually have a plan to put this right ?

I've enjoyed playing for over two months now, have a level 40 character but stuck on a server with long waits. The biggest joke being that the I did try another server when I first started but the lack of people just made it no fun. At the weekend I get an e-mail telling me I can transfer my charcaters on to another server - Tomb of Freedon Nand - but of course that is the one with the longest queue times and where my main character sits who I cant play.

I pay for a service - to play the Star Wars game - currently that is being made near impossible by these server transfers. Some information on a solution and timescale would be really helpful. What we are getting is poor service

double post, sry!

I do think it's kind of amusing, though, that Bioware wanted to stagger the transfers specifically to prevent some of the overcrowing/underpop issues, and everyone SCREAMED if they weren't in the first day of transfers. So Bioware allowed everyone to transfer, and now people are complaining about the very issue BW was trying to prevent.

Damned if you do...

A few well populated servers with an actual cross server LFM would be an ideal. You then have healthy server populations but not the issue of queues to get on and by allowing cross server LFM this allows groups to form easily and I would have thought by comtrolling the population servers issues such as lag would be minimal due to high population. I appreciate there is as always in the modern world a financial implication to all our wonderful ideas and this company is run for profit and a charity :)

But overall I sure as heck enjoy this game, even if it takes a little longer than ideal to log on.

Does anyone know if they actually have a plan to put this right ?

I've enjoyed playing for over two months now, have a level 40 character but stuck on a server with long waits. The biggest joke being that the I did try another server when I first started but the lack of people just made it no fun. At the weekend I get an e-mail telling me I can transfer my charcaters on to another server - Tomb of Freedon Nand - but of course that is the one with the longest queue times and where my main character sits who I cant play.

I pay for a service - to play the Star Wars game - currently that is being made near impossible by these server transfers. Some information on a solution and timescale would be really helpful. What we are getting is poor service

Solution for queues--

Very easy. Just follow major game releases. Every time a major title release, SWTOR will temporarily lose some subs. And your queue time would go away.

35 minutes I've been waiting now. Remind me why I pay a subscription?

To play with other people,and willingly accept the changes made as a new mmo evolves and improves even though there may be times these improvements can cause short term problems which are usualy temporary.

Another Option , wait 1 year after an mmo releases if you are unable to cope with the process.

Edited by CygnusMX

Solution for queues--

Very easy. Just follow major game releases. Every time a major title release, SWTOR will temporarily lose some subs. And your queue time would go away.

Does that include EA's own The Secret World next week?

Heh, no seriously, what server is there with 50 minute waits? I've never had to wait at all on Jedi Covenant, which has always been one of the top servers, though I don't play so much anymore.

Ive moved from a dead server to a server with 50 minute queues. A whole 7 months after launch and Bioware still seem incapable of managing the most basic aspect of an mmo......... Disapointed.

Hello Mr Server Technician, I heard you could do better, Bioware needs more people like you.

Ive moved from a dead server to a server with 50 minute queues. A whole 7 months after launch and Bioware still seem incapable of managing the most basic aspect of an mmo......... Disapointed.

You have been waiting just 50 minutes? I have been waiting four months to transfer my legacy ..... Oops my bad, you were talking about logging onto a server :eek:

Edited by bobojoerat