4k hits on 1.1k expertise.

fujeo-finel

Snipers/Slingers, Assassins/Shadows, Marauders/Sents, Powertechs/Vanguards, and of course Rage/Focus specced Juggs/Guardians can EASILY break 4k crits on equally geared opponents (particularly if both are in full WH gear). Hell, my Madness Sorc. can break 4k if I pop a relic (not even adrenal) and get a crit with deathfield (on certain specs/AC's in full WH gear) if they don't have a defensive ability or talent to mitigate damage active so long as they don't have an inquisitor/consular buff. Edited by SinnedWill

NO, they scale almost perfect.

i know..... math is hard....

actually he's right...

I'm 1300+ expertise with about 25% damage and 20% reduction...so they are close, but not "scaled perfectly"

And to the guy who mentioned he's 1200 expertise with full WH gear as a Gunslinger....check again. you should be 1350'ish expertise with full WH.

You ARE right buddy.

But bear with me for a second. Damage is scaled by expertise and other stats righto? So the more expertise u get the more damage. But also the more (insert primary stat here) you get the more damage you do, that counts for power crit surge, talents builds etcetera, everything.

Now bear with me, no one uses tank gear for pvp right? Not even the tank classes, since the dodge/shield mechanics are not tailored for pvp (they have low, if any impact in pvp).

When we add another stats in the expertise equation we see that DAMAGE ALWAYS WINS, AND IT WINS HARDER THE MORE GEAR PROGRESSES, because PvPers dont use another defensive stat in their gear beyond armor and pure endurance (HP) well armor is good and ok but it gets bypassed by a LOT of attacks and gets neglated by more than one type of damage. Thats why i think expertise should defensely cover this, the more the gear evolves everyone gets more and more squishy and TTK goes down, making the game a no brainer zerg headshot fest.

But that is my opinion tho, everyone is free to have the game they want.

actually he's right...

I'm 1300+ expertise with about 25% damage and 20% reduction...so they are close, but not "scaled perfectly"

And to the guy who mentioned he's 1200 expertise with full WH gear as a Gunslinger....check again. you should be 1350'ish expertise with full WH.

You'll have to take my word for this since I am not about to go through the full math that has been put out in previous threads, but the way they illustrate the damage increase and damage reduction numbers is misleading currently. That 20% damage reduction will perfectly counteract your 25% damage increase.

"almost perfectly" does not invalidate my statement - particularly when damage dealt becomes more than 5% higher than damage reduced.

Damage bonus from expertise has the greatest impact on abilities with high damage values - which is why the big burst DPS classes are EASILY dishing out more than 4k damage hits to equally geared players (particularly at full war hero + augments).

You'll have to take my word for this since I am not about to go through the full math that has been put out in previous threads, but the way they illustrate the damage increase and damage reduction numbers is misleading currently. That 20% damage reduction will perfectly counteract your 25% damage increase.

If that were true, why is it that say... 2 snipers in identical gear (without any relics equipped) deal less damage to each other with Ambush compared to when they both equip the same pvp relics (without actually activating them) and use Ambush?

I understand that the damage from weaker abilities is much less noticable with expertise changes, but on abilities that have high base damage, you will notice a difference - particularly from crits.

1.1k expertise is low...

1200-1300+ is the norm if you have decent gear.

This is accurate. I have 3 BM pieces (gloves, legs, offhand saber), 1 WH piece (main hand saber) and the rest is all recruit gear and the lowest relics (Champion?) and I only have 1080 expertise. OP basically has my crappy gear except one more BM piece.

If that were true, why is it that say... 2 snipers in identical gear (without any relics equipped) deal less damage to each other with Ambush compared to when they both equip the same pvp relics (without actually activating them) and use Ambush?

I understand that the damage from weaker abilities is much less noticable with expertise changes, but on abilities that have high base damage, you will notice a difference - particularly from crits.

Two players with equal expertise cancel the damage bonus from expertise with the damage mitigation from expertise.

All other effects to damage from primary stat, power, crit and surge are independent of this.

Example = 2000 damage attack gets 25% bonus from expertise and does 2500 damage.

2500 damage is mitigated by 20% or 500 so the damage is now 2000 i.e. exactly where it started.

I expect Expertise is the last thing applied to damage dealt and first thing applied to damage received. Otherwise it could potentially cause issues with other damage modifiers on either side.

Expertise is not all. All the whiners disagree, but armor plays a good role in mitigation. 4k crits on sorc or operatives aren't rare, 4k crits on vanguards/juggs (even damage dealers) are peculiar. Edited by lpsmash

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.