How long does the authenticator's battery last?

Leggomy

I am curious about how long the battery lasts in one of these. If the battery dies do I need a new one or will it remember its unique code so I can just get a new battery and done? I just have been using it a lot switching between accounts and now checking here about transfers. I wonder how long before i kill the battery.

I am curious about how long the battery lasts in one of these. If the battery dies do I need a new one or will it remember its unique code so I can just get a new battery and done? I just have been using it a lot switching between accounts and now checking here about transfers. I wonder how long before i kill the battery.

Why would you be doing that as you can just look here: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=477706

As I told you earlier.

my wow authenticator is over 2 years old and sitll working fine. they look exactly alike other than the stickers on teh front of the TOR and the WOW authenticator and i'd educated-guess they're made by the same company on some level. i got my TOR one with the CE and it's going on seven months of flawless operation.

so they last a good, long time it seems like. make sure you write your serial number and the barcode info on the back down though since the ink will wipe off and fade from the white decal sticker over time and you need that info to modify or change the account link in the event you decide to do so.

Little things like authenticators use very, very little battery when in actual use. You should easily be able to get 6-8 years out of it. If you have a smart phone you can download an app. for that too. IPhone and Android have it I believe. I have it for my IPhone and it works great. All I do is click one button and it gives me a code right on the screen.

I had one on wow. But it just stopped working one day and the code was stuck on the screen and would not update or turn off. They are a HUGE pain to get taken off your account :/

No they aren't as long as you have the Serial number of the device. I removed my authenticator from my WoW account and went to the droid app one with in five minutes.