Marauder Q&A - DPS and you.

Zandermill

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

really enjoying all the info in the post, but I haven't had the patience to look at every page. my question is, on my gear should I be leaning more towards crit or power, of course most of the gear has the strength and endurance, but I'd like to know which is needed more the crit or power (or a good balance of both)? I just hit lvl 30 and am loving the Rage tree with using Shii-Cho form. I also have artifice so I can craft the enhancements I need, just need to know which ones are best....thx in advance!

Ok..this is regarding stats for the marauder spec.

I am currently in the carnage build and have been messing about with stats.

First question i have is regarding strength versus power.

After working a few things out my calculations came to this...

5 strength gives me 1 bonus damage and 0.0335 crit.

4.34 power gives me 1 bonus damage.

Now as this crit gain from strength is so extremely small and if you have the crit rating you want..surely power is superior to strength for increased damage?

So if you had a mod, for example, with 47 str, 27 end and 7 power, surely the one with 36 str, 27 end and 27 power is an actual dps increase? (sorry but cant remember if these numbers are exact for the mods)...you lose 10 strength but gain 20 power but as above power is better for bonus damage.

Next thing is accuracy. As pretty much most of the tionese/columi/rakata gear has a lot of accuracy on, what is the accuracy level people have been coming up with to go for?

This is under the melee tab and not the force tab as some people may get confused.

The tooltip states that any accuracy over 100% reduces the targets defenses.

With full tier gear you will end up with quite a bit over the 100% accuracy so what should we be aiming for to not gimp our dps?

Finally a question regarding crit and surge.

What numbers are you guys going for unbuffed?

I have read quite a few post saying to go for approx 28% crit unbuffed and about 83% surge.

Now i know a lot of the accuracy, crit, surge etc is quite theoretical at the moment without any combat logs/parses and i cant wait myself to see what my actual dps is compared to others.

The only time i get to see what it is like is on the 4th boss of EV as all dps have the same mob to take down solo so you can compare against your other raiders.

Any thoughts or comments on this post pls leave a reply.

Sorry for the wall of text!!