The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

The jig is up.

Hethroin

The issue with Pyro is not a Pyro issue, rather a game design issue with ALL classes:

Attaching Snares to DoT's or rather allowing snares and roots to function off Resolve.

Nothing would ever die otherwise. If they couldn't snare w/o penalty, melee would never kill anything. It's about how the game is set up.

Ranged classes are given extremely powerful mobility and/or high range knockback potential, which would be insurmountably advantageous if melee couldn't restrict their basic movement sufficiently...which is the penalty-less snares.

The roots could stand a little Resolve, but I'm not losing sleep over it.

Edited by ShiroRX

But you have to admit being able to root some one for 12 sec straight is kind of bad game design!

I've yet to see someone ever be rooted for 12 seconds straight. The theory and practice are quite different.

and this is NOT an issue for any other class? like say a sage or inquisitor? OMG IM LOW ON FORCE... better die

On my dirty fighting Scoundrel, I actually employ this strategy in huttball and Civil War. No seriously, if I find I was dumb enough to use all my energy. I simply run throught the groups auto firing to prevent caps or I stand and die so I can respawn ;p. It is awesome in CW, and in Huttball if the ball is now headed to my end it's fire time and let's go get him haha.

Okay so I do it once in a blue moon in huttball, but last night I kept doing it in CW to prevent caps when my CD's were up and I had no energy.

On my dirty fighting Scoundrel, I actually employ this strategy in huttball and Civil War. No seriously, if I find I was dumb enough to use all my energy. I simply run throught the groups auto firing to prevent caps or I stand and die so I can respawn ;p. It is awesome in CW, and in Huttball if the ball is now headed to my end it's fire time and let's go get him haha.

Okay so I do it once in a blue moon in huttball, but last night I kept doing it in CW to prevent caps when my CD's were up and I had no energy.

Cool... Head...?