Presence stacking

Asacado

Maybe I missed the thread, but I am in the process of completing all my companion's affection stories along 2 characters, I understand there is 20 total on each side, not including the droid. Does presence gain for each completed story? Also Is there a limit to how much we can obtain?

As far as I know, there is no known limit.

There are 40 companions in the game, so you can theoretically get 400 Presence from those. Each unique companion (AKA Mako, Talos Drellik, Vette, etc.) gives you a +10 bonus, even if you've already maxed out a companion of the same role of a different class.

Maybe I missed the thread, but I am in the process of completing all my companion's affection stories along 2 characters, I understand there is 20 total on each side, not including the droid. Does presence gain for each completed story? Also Is there a limit to how much we can obtain?

More than that, considering there's the +100 from human unlock and probaly a few other things I don't remember right now.

As far as I know, there is no known limit.

There are 40 companions in the game, so you can theoretically get 400 Presence from those. Each unique companion (AKA Mako, Talos Drellik, Vette, etc.) gives you a +10 bonus, even if you've already maxed out a companion of the same role of a different class.

You'd be correct. You can only earn the bonuses (+1% healing taken, +1% health, etc.) once per companion role, you can unlock the presence bonus and stack it up to 400 (500 if you have a human at 50).

The tool tip says that you only recieve the bonus for 1 combat role.

For example under Ensign Temple it says you recieve this bonus for one Ranged Damage.

Here's a picture I found. It's small and hard to read.

http://swtorhub.com/sites/swtorhub.com/files/styles/nodeview/public/images/legacy-class-unlocks.png

Edit**

**My mistake, that looks like its for the Heroic Moment...

Edited by Lionflash

The tool tip says that you only recieve the bonus for 1 combat role.

For example under Ensign Temple it says you recieve this bonus for one Ranged Damage.

Here's a picture I found. It's small and hard to read.

http://swtorhub.com/sites/swtorhub.com/files/styles/nodeview/public/images/legacy-class-unlocks.png

That is referring to the bonuses like the +1% crit, +Accracy, lowered Heroic Moment CD, etc. The presence bonus that is also unlocked stacks no matter how many companions in that combat role you have unlocked.

Ah I see, I am sitting at 395 of my human sith, so Speaking in terms of alts, will they also have that much or does it scale with level?

The bonuses are static, but I'm farily certain there is a base amount of presence that scales as you level like your other stats...I think they mentioned this in last week's QA.

If we pay the 500k for species unlock on Human, do we still get the +100 Presence bonus?

I seriously doubt I'll ever play as a Human but the bonus could tempt me to just paying the 500k.

I would pay it. you will get the bonus and it is awesome, especially when stacked with the companion presence bonus. plus 500K is cheap, my Miraluka sniper cost me 1.5 mil and I didnt even get a stat bonus