Always down during Australian prime time.

Aedey

Honestly this is getting beyond a joke. Us Aussies have had to wait 2 - 4 months longer than the rest of the world just to get the CD for the game. Now more than not every server is down during our (& most of Asia's) prime time...

I know it's hard to avoid & yes there has to be somewhere in the world that will be down during the prime time. But when it happens more than once a week is just ridiculous. I know it's not easy to get the patches right & what have you, but isn't that what the test server is for????

All in all I think it's very unfair that our time is cut so much due to bugs. Again I know someone somewhere will need to suffer for the downtime, but the people in the Pacific region pay the same amount of subs as everyone else. If it must be during our time.. just get it right so you only need to do it once a week.

It's just getting beyond a joke lately.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This bug was to sort out a issue with the transfer system, so it was needed to be fixed asap to continue the opening up of more servers today.

Like the guy above said that it was only down 2 hours anyways, so what's the problem?

What do you want, Aussie?

The Bioware maintenance shift works 3rd shift in Austin, TX. This is there schedule. It effects the least amount of people. It sucks. I'm an American night owl and on the same page you are, but I cope.

Edited by Marak

well tbh he is excluded from transfers so why should he be punished during prime time cos of "a very rare issue that can occur during the transfer". I think Pacific servers have low population on all of them, so primetime can be important to get things done.

This bug was to sort out a issue with the transfer system, so it was needed to be fixed asap to continue the opening up of more servers today.

Like the guy above said that it was only down 2 hours anyways, so what's the problem?

The point is it was down unexpectedly anyway. & usually is.

2 hours could be all some people have to play per day down here. Some people work so much it's insane & when the only thing that could relieve the stress a bit is always down...

You can't tell me that if the servers went down during the American prime time the forums would be buzzing with pissed off people wanting money for the server being down. Why is the rest of the world more important that us when it comes to this? How about they put the servers down when the clock is at an area that has the least amount of players & ergo no prime time. It doesn't matter if it was 2 hours or 200 hours. It was down & it shouldn't have been, & this wasn't the first time. A few weeks ago they didn't do it on Tuesday, so they did it on Wednesday & then it was down after that at some time as well. Why is it always us? It's always inconvenient for us.

well tbh he is excluded from transfers so why should he be punished during prime time cos of "a very rare issue that can occur during the transfer". I think Pacific servers have low population on all of them, so primetime can be important to get things done.

& that is what I mean too.

Edited by Aedey

Alternating maintenance would be nice... One week, do it at 12am PST... the next, do it at 12PM PST... That would satisfy everyone.

You're asking a group of guys to dance around the clock. These guys have a set sleep schedule. A set life (as awful as third shift really is on a life). And they are supposed to flipflop every week? That's not cool.

If you guys asked for maybe a slightly reduced monthly fee, I could understand, but you guys aren't really thinking about the real world ramifications here.

1 hour :)

It was up an hour early. Don't believe me? Check their twitter feed. It's just gone 5:20. The servers were supposed to be up at 5. The server up notice was posted at 4.

The server went down at 3am and came back up at 5am eastern time. I was logged out when it went down. It was definitely 2 hours.

Their servers are not affected by transfers at all, so it has no use for them... this fix.

Alternating maintenance would be nice... One week, do it at 12am PST... the next, do it at 12PM PST... That would satisfy everyone.

Or just have different maintenance hours for different areas; EU starts XX:XX AM/PM [timecode here], US starts XX:XX AM/PM [timecode here] and so on. Every other MMO I know of does it this way, but it's BioWare (rofl) so we have to give their monkeys some time to learn the differences, then again, they are American.

The server went down at 3am and came back up at 5am eastern time. I was logged out when it went down. It was definitely 2 hours.

So they guy that posted that servers were back up at 4:08am easter time was somehow able to get in while the website was down and post?

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=479102

Edited by HelinCarnate

You're asking a group of guys to dance around the clock. These guys have a set sleep schedule. A set life (as awful as third shift really is on a life). And they are supposed to flipflop every week? That's not cool.

If you guys asked for maybe a slightly reduced monthly fee, I could understand, but you guys aren't really thinking about the real world ramifications here.

It's not the same guys doing the maintenance everyweek.

Do you think it's just the same 2 to 20 guys that come in to turn the servers off and install patches every time there's a patch?

Not to mention, there wasn't a patch and we already had maintenance on tuesday. Today's downtime wasn't required. It was to fix things with transfers. That was all.

Whenever servers go down it is prime time somewhere in the world. If you don't like it then get your country to develop MMOs which would have maintenance during your off time.

Honestly? Even if an MMO was developed and hosted in Australia, it would still have maintenance times during American offpeak because... well, that's how things work.

So all of the SWTOR servers are hosted in the US? If so, why have different server zones at all? Then there would at least be few servers. Do you see how that doesn't make sense? BioWare has an EU office and a US office (possibly several I have no idea), maybe even an office in Asia and AU. That means they have technicians there. That means they have people who can press buttons there. That means they have plenty of people in different time zones that can press the buttons so people don't get ****ed over (at least not as much). The current maintenance times are completely idiotic and makes no sense if you're outside the US.

Unless those monkeys can't do **** either, then we're all ****ed.

Edited by Senatsu

Honestly? Even if an MMO was developed and hosted in Australia, it would still have maintenance times during American offpeak because... well, that's how things work.

You have never played Asian MMOs have you. Ones hosted in Korea, Japan and China all go down during off time in asia.

A world wide MMO is going to have to go down during someone's prime time. Besides do they even have game companies down under?