Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Will more transfers be opening up today

konstan

Or maybe someone noticed on the transfer screen they had mail waiting, logged in to clear out their boxes & then alt-tabbed out to finish the transfer? Innocent mistakes happen people. I don't think many people fired up the transfer page in the midst of a Voidstar or downing Soa.

That's what I was thinking too. I'm very surprised as well that Bioware did not simply have the transfer code check to see if the player is online, and if so, forcefully log them off or try again later.

IMO, this is more Bioware's fault than any players.

And no, this did not happen to me... my server is not currently listed :(

Or maybe someone noticed on the transfer screen they had mail waiting, logged in to clear out their boxes & then alt-tabbed out to finish the transfer? Innocent mistakes happen people. I don't think many people fired up the transfer page in the midst of a Voidstar or downing Soa.

If they'd have read the fax, they would have checked the GTN/Mail before ever starting the process.

Tbh, if the user can do something stupid he usually will.. so you should make sure he can't.

that would be great if it was possible... no matter what precautions you take some tard will find someway to **** it up and do something stupid

Edited by Liquidacid

so the fact that bioware wasnt smart enough to post to not log in is player error im sick of defending this company

No, the fact that people don't have common sense is the player error. Regardless, they are now taking measures to fix the problem, so I don't see why people are still complaining. Oh wait, yes I do, it's because they'll never be satisfied no matter what.

Edited by Jawgust

so the fact that bioware wasnt smart enough to post to not log in is player error im sick of defending this company

Lol i'm pretty mad about BioFail today too man, but you are tweeting them, they tweet you back, you tweet them again. Hell i've seen you so many times on SWTOR twitter your name stuck out. Impressive indeed.

Lol i'm pretty mad about BioFail today too man, but you are tweeting them, they tweet you back, you tweet them again. Hell i've seen you so many times on SWTOR twitter your name stuck out. Impressive indeed.

its been 2 times today thats it but im pretty pissed all around they should have set it so you couldnt log in while toon were being transfered i mean ffs

Not Bioware's fault that a few short bus riders logged in during their transfers.

This is not exactly how the issue works. There's a very, very specific situation that you have to be in in order to get this very rare issue. The advice given here in this stickied thread for tonight's maintenance is a big, sweeping precaution that reduces the risk of encountering this issue substantially.

follow Dev tracker .....

The quantity will very likely change as we monitor the transfer process, so I can't really give a good estimate right now. We'll be adding new origin and destination servers with the goal of ensuring that destination server populations are healthy. This may mean sending more origin servers to a destination or opening up new destinations. Because of the nature of the process, it's hard to predict how many we will during a specific timeframe.

It is not likely that the timeframe for this maintenance will change, and we don't have plans to list more servers today. We'll begin listing more servers tomorrow morning, and we apologize for the inconvenience and additional wait for more eligible servers.

We're in the process of testing the fix and preparing for deployment, and we're working to make the downtime for this as minimal as possible. Unfortunately, it's not an issue that we can correct without some downtime. We're also eager to get back to opening up more transfers, but we can't go forward and risk subjecting people to this issue.

We know that everyone is eager for us to continue making more servers eligible for transfer, and we appreciate your patience. It is important that we fix the issue we've encountered - even though it is rare, we need to ensure smooth transfers. We'll continue making new servers eligible tomorrow morning and on a continuing basis, so if your server isn't listed, please keep checking the list periodically for updates (starting tomorrow morning). As we go forward, we'll let you know as much as we can about when we'll be making new servers eligible.

Be patient, 2nd wave on initial day

Origin Server --> Destination Server

NA Server

The Courageous --> Canderous Ordo

Kath Hound --> The Ebon Hawk

Ven Zallow --> Jung Ma

Fa'athra --> Drooga's Pleasure Barge

Lord Ieldis --> Begeren Colony

European Server (German)

Zayne Carrick --> Vanjervalis Chain

European Server (English)

Shaltin Tunnels --> The Progenitor

European Server (French)

Kessel Run --> Battle Meditation

This is not exactly how the issue works. There's a very, very specific situation that you have to be in in order to get this very rare issue. The advice given here in this stickied thread for tonight's maintenance is a big, sweeping precaution that reduces the risk of encountering this issue substantially.

So it happened with people who tried transferring their characters while they were already logged in?

Edited by Notannos
removed reply to rude

Hey look at that. It wasn't just short bus kiddies doing something as simple as not logging out during xfers that caused the problem.

Who would have thought it might have been more complex than the simple, if insulting, explanations the "community" has been providing.

Nvm. A lot of people probably would and did think that. It's amazing how much vitriol and how little intellect this community has on both sides of the war effort. :D

So it happened with people who tried transferring their characters while they were already logged in?

Wow, could you be any more needlessly petty and childish? I think not.

Don't encourage him, he'll take it as a challenge...

Just take a page out of Omega's book and blame the players for being online.

Because no company ever takes precautions for user error. Never. Ever. No how.

I'm tired of post like this.

Suggesting Bioware should make plans ahead incase of errors most of us knew were bound to happen?

That's ludicrous!

Good day sir!

They should put the servers down for 2 hours right now if it enables us to get more servers open for transfers faster, who cares if they go down for 2 hours right now, the game is unplayable with no one to play with anyways.... the High Pop servers can wait, theyve had enough play time already... ITS TIME TO PUT THE SCREWED OVER LOW POPULATED SERVERS THE PRIORITY! FOR ONCE!

For those of you that are currently eligible for character transfers, in order to prevent this rare issue from occurring, please log out of your current game session before you initiate the character transfer process.

Because it is HARD or almost impossible to do something like this "Character Transfer could not continue, because the Character you are trying to transfer is currently logged in." aaaand stop the transfer if the character that someone is trying to transfer, is logged in.

Yeah,it's called people stupid enough to play whilst transferring there character's that have caused it. lololol

Read what the devs said before you blame the players.

They said that if you are online then you will be kicked offline and you wont be able to play any toon on that origin server and you will be notified by email when the process is finished.

They did not say that once you put in your transfer request that you cant log onto any character on that origin server untill you get the email.

Again they said you can be on those characters and then they will kick you off when the trasnfer starts. That is telling everyone that it is ok for them to do it.

Blame Bioware

Because it is HARD or almost impossible to do something like this "Character Transfer could not continue, because the Character you are trying to transfer is currently logged in." aaaand stop the transfer if the character that someone is trying to transfer, is logged in.

If they do that, the player will come to the forums and whine about why the toon they were playing wasn't transferred along with the rest of them. It's common sense that is lacking here, players need to realize that when they get the transfers requested, that maybe they should consider that playing the same characters while transfers are in progress is a bad idea?

If they do that, the player will come to the forums and whine about why the toon they were playing wasn't transferred along with the rest of them. It's common sense that is lacking here, players need to realize that when they get the transfers requested, that maybe they should consider that playing the same characters while transfers are in progress is a bad idea?

After you confirm your character transfer request, it can take up to three hours for your requested characters to be transferred. During this period you will be unable to login to any of the characters that are being transferred, or any other character on that origin server. If you are playing one of these characters when you confirm your transfer, you will be logged off from that character and server until the transfer is complete.

Think that tells players its ok to be logged in when you sign up for the transfers. Doesnt it?

But the player really should have know that Bioware is clueless.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.