Did your Transfer go through without problems?

Helsun

I actually created a character a few minutes ago on Keller's Void, logged him in, cleared out his bonus mail, logged him out, went to My Account, did the transfer, it took less than 2 minutes, I switched to Jedi Cummerbund and there he was, logged him in, no problems. There were 900-1000 people on JC.

So - pretty smooth for day 1.

for once.

i guess all the raging on forums worked.

Raging on forums is absolutely worthless. People rage on forums all the time about everything and have never accomplished anything. It's the constructive criticism and discussion that actually helps the developers to improve things.

Please don't see this as encouragement to keep raging on the forums, rather than providing constructive and sensible criticism.

Raging on forums is absolutely worthless. People rage on forums all the time about everything and have never accomplished anything. It's the constructive criticism and discussion that actually helps the developers to improve things.

Please don't see this as encouragement to keep raging on the forums, rather than providing constructive and sensible criticism.

^^ This. Also, my sig.

I just hope My server is added to move soon. With all 5 of the Republic players on, 2 on fleet now. Can not do nothing. Would not be so bad but it has been this way for sometime now.

for once. i guess all the raging on forums worked.

No. The reason it is working smoothly is because BioWare took the time to plan, design, implement, and test character transfers, instead of rushing them, which is what the raging on the forums demanded.

Transferred 4 characters from Keller's Void to Jedi Covenant. Had no trouble moving them and the transfer went through immediately (was able to play on each char within 15 minutes of starting the process). I was required to change two characters names, and when I accidentally gave them the opposite names from what I intended I submitted a CS ticket. Within 10 minutes I was livechatting with a CS agent who helped me switch the names back. The CS agent i spoke with was EXTREMELY helpful and got my problems solved in less than 15 minutes.

Now I'm on a server with 120 in fleet during off hours, when we used to average 40-60 across the entire server during peak! Was a very clean and professionally done process all-around. GREAT JOB BIOWARE SUPPORT TEAM, you guys really did excellent work with this system!

No. The reason it is working smoothly is because BioWare took the time to plan, design, implement, and test character transfers, instead of rushing them, which is what the raging on the forums demanded.

More like they learned from the sluggish and bad Oceanix transfers. Also all of the negative PR means they Don't have room for error.

More like they learned from the sluggish and bad Oceanix transfers. Also all of the negative PR means they Don't have room for error.

APAC was manual, this is automated:

Hey everyone, I'm pleased to announce that the manual APAC character transfer process is now complete...

Now our focus turns to a more robust, automated and larger scale character transfer service, which is currently in active development within the studio.

That's why there's a difference between APAC and these transfers. So the person you quoted was right.

Edited by JeramieCrowe

It's quite nice to hear positive feedback from people who made the jump to another server without any issues whatsoever.

Kudos to you BW for making this happen, and putting some :) on people's faces.