RP-PvP servers PST... Ajunta Pall transfers...

Avicii

I live on the East Coast and my latency is always around 100. Lag has never been an issue, and I know tons of players that play on Ajunta that also live on the East Coast. I have met more people from the other 3 time zones than I have met from pst. Im not saying that means most people on Ajunta are not located on the West Coast, but It does mean the server already has a player base that lives elsewhere. I can see no reason why there cant be one RP-PvP East/West server. How sweet would it be if the peak on the server was 6-8 hours long? Edited by CharleyDanger

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Geeze, you are so dense, you don't even realize how pointless saying something is #X means, from an actual numbers point of view.

But, it's fun to tear you down, so here goes:

The only two healthy pop servers are Fatman and Jedi Covenant, who have a 2.58 and 2.21 population rating according to Torstatus.net.

Being #3, 4, 5, 6, 7, is meaningless when you have a drop in population from 2.58 to 1.67. By the time you get to #9, we're down to 1.15.

Now, you'll notice from #16 on, the population is .99-.98ish. If it wasn't immediatly clear why you should notice that, it's because those numbers are very close to #9's 1.15. Far, far closer than immediately 1's 2.58.

And, you want to use Ajunta Pall being the #9 populated server as evidence that it has a good population?

It's like common sense and critical thinking skills are no longer passed on by parents these days.

Now, if those numbers hurt your brain, I'll use a very simple analogy:

There are 150 people. Their weights:

1) 258 pounds

2) 221 pounds

etc etc

9) 115 pounds

By your obtuse reasoning, the person who weighs in at 115 pounds is fat, because they were 9th out of 150.

:rolleyes:

Lastly, that thread was started when AP used to still have 150+ people on fleet. I was in that thread. It's a bit irrelevant, outside of using data taken from Torstatus.net, which you can always visit yourself from actual relevant numbers.

So you still keep missing my point that maybe by your 'standards' AP isnt 'healthy' enough for you, but it doesnt change the fact that its in the top 20 out of 200 + servers.... which means what I said already, thats its not even close to 'dead' compared to the other 180 servers below the top 20. I already said it would be nice IF the server got an influx of people but its definitely NOT the top of the priority list being in the top 20, thats just simple math no matter how you talk about fat people and obtuse and whatever else you want to throw out randomly:rolleyes:

You obviously would rather throw out insults all day than rationalize that they are addressing the LOW POP servers first... as in the ones NOT in the top 20;)

Edited by JediKalel

Since there is 1 PST RP-Pvp server and based on the current available info of same server type and time zone, that leaves us SoL. Some of us rerolled here because in Feb it was a thriving PST Pvp server unlike the one we were on. So not only can we not bring over our prior toons it's likely we have to "wait" for more info or paid transfers.

How is this going to be handled?

You guys are screwed. Bioware should at least make an exception for this.

So you still keep missing my point that maybe by your 'standards' AP isnt 'healthy' enough for you, but it doesnt change the fact that its in the top 20 out of 200 + servers.... which means what I said already, thats its not even close to 'dead' compared to the other 180 servers below the top 20. I already said it would be nice IF the server got an influx of people but its definitely NOT the top of the priority list being in the top 20, thats just simple math no matter how you talk about fat people and obtuse and whatever else you want to throw out randomly:rolleyes:

You obviously would rather throw out insults all day than rationalize that they are addressing the LOW POP servers first... as in the ones NOT in the top 20;)

You really don't get it at all. I'm actually quite impressed.

But, it's fun to tear you down, so here goes:

Possible you could take your negativity to another thread please?

Everyone here wants the same thing in the end. A healthy server population.

Everyone here is hoping Bioware will revise their "respect server type" policy for RP-PvP servers or do something like combine Ajunta Pall and Jung Ma or what ever else idea someone can come up with in order to enjoy the game in a nicely populated server.

Everything else is just arguing, for arguments sake.

Edited by TzachNahRood

Possible you could take your negativity to another thread please?

Everyone here wants the same thing in the end. A healthy server population.

Everyone here is hoping Bioware will revise their "respect server type" policy for RP-PvP servers or do something like combine Ajunta Pall and Jung Ma or what ever else idea someone can come up with in order to enjoy the game in a nicely populated server.

Everything else is just arguing, for arguments sake.

He seems to think we have a great population. I'd prefer not giving Bioware any excuses for not bothering to figure out what to do with our unique situation, being the only North American server that has no other server like it.

So, no, it's not arguing for arguments sake.

1) Fatman = 2000 people

2) Jedi Covenant = 1900 people

9) Ajunta Pall = 20 people

200) X server = empty.

You see, being 9th doesn't mean much when in absolute figures it is still woefully underpopulated. And of course the figures I gave are merely exaggerated examples.

Make this happen Bioware! All 3 US RP-PvP servers into one!

Ajunta Pall --> Jung Ma!!!! gogo

I'm expecting this during the second stage of free transfers; once the same-region, same-ruleset transfers are complete, it seems like the next logical step would be to remove the same-region restriction.

For those who haven't done so, I'd strongly recommend you go and make level 1 characters on Jung Ma with your current character names from Ajunta Pall. I was able to get 7 of 8 of mine.

For sake of sanity, we have to hope our unique server situation wasn't completely overlooked, and that we're in line for transferring over there at some point! :)

Edit: Though after reading the Lord Calypso thread about the EU RP-PVP servers, I am starting to think AP is just screwed.

Edited by revial

For those who haven't done so, I'd strongly recommend you go and make level 1 characters on Jung Ma with your current character names from Ajunta Pall. I was able to get 7 of 8 of mine.

For sake of sanity, we have to hope our unique server situation wasn't completely overlooked, and that we're in line for transferring over there at some point! :)

Edit: Though after reading the Lord Calypso thread about the EU RP-PVP servers, I am starting to think AP is just screwed.

Yeah we are totally ****ed. Bioware obviously has no *********** idea in hell what they are doing and even though our server is just as low pop as many others we will get stranded because of some ******* server assignment.

I did this last night, thankfully as it looks like they wont be merging JM with AP. I am hoping they might let us choose another PST server like the Swiftsure it seems likely they will have other servers pop added to theirs so maybe they will let us go there.

However given past trends and their "technical" limitations (which is more then likely bogus just a way for them to keep it straight forward, as the transfer process for characters is probably an update to a DB table that associates character id to server id, their could be coding or server specific issues as well likely name/legacy change that need to be coded and merge legacy data) I doubt BW will surprise us and we will be left alone for awhile.

Not that our pop blows but it is much more fun to see people everywhere 200+ people on the fleet, people out in the world, leveling ect.

No they shouldn't they should let west coast servers move to AP. Screw jung ma and its latency.

Hard to say which is the lesser of two evils. Transfer across RP-PvP / PvP servers or across west/east coast servers.

Personally I think dead PvP servers to larger populated RP-PvP servers is a no brainer, since there is zero difference between the two server types except the "RP-" in the tag name. But people on PvP servers really seem to be bothered by those three simple characters.

Either way. I hope they pick one or the other. And not settle for doing nothing at all.

Posting to add my voice to this thread. Population seems to be dropping on AP and I don't want to have to re-roll on Jung Ma. I live on the East coast, and I have no problems playing on a West coast server.

I specifically chose AP because it was one of the higher pop servers and that seems to be changing.

Thanks for reading this, Bioware!

Posting to add my voice to this thread. Population seems to be dropping on AP and I don't want to have to re-roll on Jung Ma. I live on the East coast, and I have no problems playing on a West coast server.

I specifically chose AP because it was one of the higher pop servers and that seems to be changing.

Thanks for reading this, Bioware!

AP was a re-roll server for me. At the time I began my toons, the server was by some estimates around the 4th most populous US server. We've not far off if the information in the "Population Estimates for the Top 20 US Servers" thread in accurate, with 4 RP (PVE or PVP) servers in on their list at 6-9 and very close in population. Our server may be relatively healthy to lower pop servers but it has declined substantially. I was really hoping that server transfers might infuse our realm, but I just don't see it happening anytime soon.

Part of the problem is my general confidence (specifically lack there of ) in Bioware right now. This is a game I want to love, but they have made it very difficult. So many mis-steps. The Rakghoul event was just amazing but after it was over it was back to sound problems and client crashes post-1.2. I found myself playing other games and simply avoiding SWTOR.

I took the advice of reserving some names on the higher population servers. I have one 50 (with the codex / nerd points from the world event ) that I may return to for some dailies to build up credits in hope for a future transfer. SWTOR is a great alts game (for me) and I started many for my legacy but nothing that was so omg advanced I couldn't re-roll. So that's probably what I'm going to do. Re-roll and let my 'main' do her dailies while waiting for what will ultimately be a paid transfer. Matter of choosing which one to play on but the choice is itself is a bit liberating, like leaving a bad job behind. And yes, I would gladly pay $25 (Blizzard's transfer fee.. mentioned as a benchmark) to transfer my 50 to the realm of my choice.

No they shouldn't they should let west coast servers move to AP. Screw jung ma and its latency.

I concur on this message, this server has some of the best players on it in terms of community notes and sticky's posted on the forums. It would be a shame to not let people move here and besides Ajunta Pall is the Sith Lord, the first of many.

I want my server saved dammit!

I'm beginning to suspect that they are limiting transfers to between server type and region because they might not be able to make em work otherwise atm. Personally, I don't see much difference at all between, at least, the pvp and pve servers and their rp cousins. It's the same damn sandbox with a different sign.

What is the point of segregating the two? I could see that it might allow for more like minded individuals to congregate, but isn't it more important to have people to play with? not like we rp in warzones (or hardly anywhere else for that matter, with a few exceptions). Not like we can't rp in any of the other servers, they are both the same game structure, afterall.

The whole timezone thing is ridiculous. People play at all different times regardless of the timezone, by merging two timezones, we can only hope to have a more consistent population level. And the people talking about ping, as long as things haven't changed (and i don't think they have since i just logged into a west coast and an east coast to check) the servers are all in the same place this means that you will have the same ping, no matter what server you choose, east or west coast.

I guess they want to stagger things, but how hard is it to say we are offering free transfers (ideally from any server) to these 5 or w/e servers. You might have to wait a couple days depending on queue volume, if you want to transfer somewhere else, then you need to pay a small fee. population problem solved, getting all your toons one server solved, getting to play with your friends and family who are currently scattered on different servers solved.

They could at least give us a heads up on what servers are going to be able to transfer where at the end of the process, even if they are staggering it, so we can plan ahead. Seriously, seeing how they handled this makes me wonder *** is going on over there and why does my fiancee insist on playing this poorly managed, developed, and still buggy game (some bugs are still here from beta...)

And the people talking about ping, as long as things haven't changed (and i don't think they have since i just logged into a west coast and an east coast to check) the servers are all in the same place this means that you will have the same ping, no matter what server you choose, east or west coast.

Please don't post misinformation. The East/West coast servers are most definitely not in the same place, and haven't been since beta.

Maybe in this circumstance they should give Ajunta Pall players an option of going to a RP-PVE or a PVP then seeing how everthing is WestCoast,EastCoast,granted it would be sad to lose the only Westcoast RP-PvP server but logicly what are the options at this juncture?

That's too logical a solution. Dev's minds asplode!

But what they should really have done is give people alternative servers. So RP servers could choose to come to AP, or PvP could.

Edited by clearsighted

Please don't post misinformation. The East/West coast servers are most definitely not in the same place, and haven't been since beta.

I didn't, really, since I qualified it with "as long as things haven't changed", which they have. I guess since I'm in CO atm, I end up with the same ping for east and west coasts. Alas, I guess there is no hope for the RP servers

I think the only way Bioware can really screw over Ajunta Pall is by doing nothing and leaving us alone.

As long as they give us some kind of server to xfer to, be it PvE, PVP, RP-PVE, or RP-PVP we will take it and for the most part be happy with it.