pvp needs more stuns!

Feztonio

seems like i don't spend nearly enough time chain cc'd in this game. its the coolest to not move or be able to do anything for large periods of time while 3 opponents smash my convulsing, unable to move body.

every class should have at the minimum 6 mezzes, stuns, roots and snares.

and trinkets / escapes should be taken out too. that way there's no way to remove any of them. why disrupt a perfectly good stun lock and chaining of the CC with a pesky escape ?

hopefully 1.3 will bring more snares and crowd control !!!

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

seems like i don't spend nearly enough time chain cc'd in this game. its the coolest to not move or be able to do anything for large periods of time while 3 opponents smash my convulsing, unable to move body.

Why is it 3 on 1? Where is the rest of your team?

Sounds like a l2p issue.

Sounds like a l2p issue.

HAHAHAHA - there is always THIS guy.

In this thread, we are an episode of Family Guy. This guy, is Buzz Killington.

Sounds like a l2p issue.

I'm sure somebody asked that before me but, still, why are there 3 unmolested people battering on your convulsing body? Could it be because you failed somehow? Nah, this couldn't be the case because you are an awesome PvPer and if it wouldn't been for those dreadful CC skills you would have killed all three of them.

In case you wise up and see how wrong you are then read up:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=61363

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=390716

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=381190

lots of good info in there.

Also BWs position on the matter:

Q: A lot of us that PvP have made adjustments to compensate for the resolve system right now. But do you have any plans to make adjustments to it in the future patches. For example in Huttball, we have to carefully learn how to control our stuns so we can keep them in a fire etc. It is also got to a point where even having a completely full resolve bar, I still get rooted or things like that.

A: We have two completely off the resolve system effects, those are immobilize and snare effects. The resolve system is designed as a visualized diminishing returns system so the idea is that you can actually see when people are able to be controlled, and that really is the design goal of it. The resolve system is designed to minimalize the amount of time you are stunned, put to sleep, and knocked back so it only provides immunity to knockback/sleep/stun. Snare/slow, root/immobilize are intentionally not using the resolve system because from a combat standpoint we designed these effects to be part of a kiting/anti-kiting game which is completely separate from resolve.

Some classes that don’t have the need to establish range or establish closeness requires these abilities as part of their rotation in order to do their damage and be effective. Root/immobilize – stop you from moving. Stun – stop you from acting. Don’t get confused between the two.

So to be clear, root/snare/immobilize/slow are not part of the resolve system. They do not build resolve and they are not stopped by resolve. That was by design. We are working on ways to improve the visualization of the resolve system and make it easier to understand.

Edited by LenrocNewDawn

Sounds like a l2p issue.

Probably off deathmatching somewhere, lol. 3 vs 1's happen; it doesn't make a person bad for encountering it.

Probably off deathmatching somewhere, lol. 3 vs 1's happen; it doesn't make a person bad for encountering it.

True, but do you think 3 people being able to chain cc 1 person is necessarily a bad thing? I don't think it's too big a deal as the 3 person team should be very heavily favored imo.

But why not give him a fighting chance? At least he could take one bad player with him and die with nice warm feeling. Now you can just watch how you are unable to act the whole "fight".

Well, I hate to be "that guy", but IRL if you went up against 3 dudes.. the odds of them holding you down and beating you while you can't do anything are pretty high.

: )

Well IRL if you are some untrained random guy, you will probably freeze and take the beating, if you are trained a experienced however, you will put up a fight. Not saying you will win but you wont stand there holding your head either.

Using l2p in a post is the best sign that a player is terrible at PvP.

Regardless, no one should stand a chance in a 3v1. Whether you're stunned or not, you're still getting taken down very fast, likely before you'd have any real chance of making any impact on their team. I understand being chain stunned is annoying, just gotta save your stun-break for the second stun.

True, but do you think 3 people being able to chain cc 1 person is necessarily a bad thing? I don't think it's too big a deal as the 3 person team should be very heavily favored imo.

Yep, I agree.

Regardless, no one should stand a chance in a 3v1. Whether you're stunned or not, you're still getting taken down very fast, likely before you'd have any real chance of making any impact on their team. I understand being chain stunned is annoying, just gotta save your stun-break for the second stun.

I think the source of frustration comes from the low TTK in combination with those stuns. Burst is so high right now that you can't afford to eat any stun when getting focused by more than one player. In some matchups you can't afford to sit in a stun even 1v1.

Fortunately the patch notes for 1.3 show BW is addressing that problem to some extent with the nerf to adrenals and on use relics. If that will be enough to provide some room for recovery through team coordination only time will tell.