Free Character Transfers Now Available On Select Servers

CourtneyWoods

im just sick of waiting, Gardens of Tala has been at the bottom of the population list for 2 months, i checked it today and there was total of 7 people on the entire server, none of which were even 50, i have 2 lvl 50 toons on this server, and now i cant even xfer to the new server Jung Ma, that i was forced to re-roll to after PVP was no longer an option, because its not the same server type. im sick of people complaining about 25-30 min queue times on there server when im sure that Talla hasnt seen a PVP match in over a month, and then after 2 days waiting for a transfer to open up i still get nothing, the customer support for this game is rediculous and the only new content coming out is all fluff, i personally am done with this game, i dont pay the same subscription fee every month to be ignored this long.

Someone has to be first and someone has to be last bro. Part of life, get used to it. Also, just cause your server is bad you don't know its at the bottom, as far as you know, every origin server that has gone was as bad or worse than yours.

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Someone has to be first and someone has to be last bro. Part of life, get used to it. Also, just cause your server is bad you don't know its at the bottom, as far as you know, every origin server that has gone was as bad or worse than yours.

I neither whine nor cry, all I'm asking for is answers: for the servers missing from the list and for the overall strategy once the designated servers will be filled up, and I think that this is quite a fair request for a subscribing customer, don't you? Once I get my answers, I can wait and I can even deal with the chance that my legacy and toons names are already occupied by someone luckier than me (even if my money is as good as theirs) BTW, let me guess: you've been one of the first or you're on a destination server :D.

In my country there's a typical way of saying: " everybody is gay with the *** of someone other" ;)

I neither whine nor cry, all I'm asking for is answers: for the servers missing from the list and for the overall strategy once the designated servers will be filled up, and I think that this is quite a fair request for a subscribing customer, don't you? Once I get my answers, I can wait and I can even deal with the chance that my legacy and toons names are already occupied by someone luckier than me (even if my money is as good as theirs) BTW, let me guess: you've been one of the first or you're on a destination server :D.

In my country there's a typical way of saying: " everybody is gay with the *** of someone other" ;)

Nope, Im on the Razor, still waiting just like you. And is it fair request? Maybe, but I don't think you are owed an answer. Most likely, they don't know what server you're going to yet, they have to wait and see how things go. And in any case, you don't have to wait long. At this point I would assume all servers will be open for transfer within 36 hours.

Quoting myself here for further clarification. This doesn't mean that we won't be evaluating feedback and populations on an ongoing basis. We will be evaluating the options for folks on these three servers as we continue the initial character transfer service. If anything changes, we will be sure to let folks know immediately.

Joveth sorry, for this, but this is NOT A SERIOUS answer for a what I used to think of a serious company. What you are saying here is that you are going to treat us like we got plague or something and we SHOULD BE ACTUALLY PUNISHED for the fact that we picked an RP-PVP Server for it's community. You Say you going to evaluate options.

Is it SO HARD to understand that If the decision is not made NOW by you there is going to be NOTHING to evaluate really soon???

I am The guildmaster of one of the biggest guilds of Lord Calypho. Have talked with Almost ALL the guildmasters or Officers of our server's guilds. ALL ARE ABOUT TO QUIT!

You have to make up your minds now regarding those 3 servers , i know many will say it is a lot to demand for only 3 servers when so many more are in worst situation than us regarding population, but what YOU HAVE SAID clearly says that as the things are now.... ALL YOU 10009700 Clients of US ARE GETTING TREATED THIS WAY.

BUT YOU DAMNED EUROPEANS RP-PVPers NO!!!

It is a decision that MUST be made Now... Not soon. NOW.

On the other hand the way you completely ignore a thread of 48 pages http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=475348

And DECIDING to answer WITH THE 1st YELLOW POST SPEAKING ABOUT TROLLING ?????? In page 42...

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=475348&page=42

Just proves My sayings.

Me and my guild really enjoy this game and we just feel like you are PUSHING us to quit.

We do not ask diferrent treatment , just Equal one...

Edited by Davelakos

Nope, Im on the Razor, still waiting just like you. And is it fair request? Maybe, but I don't think you are owed an answer. Most likely, they don't know what server you're going to yet, they have to wait and see how things go. And in any case, you don't have to wait long. At this point I would assume all servers will be open for transfer within 36 hours.

Ok wrong guess then :D

BTW, I really hope you're right. However, I think a little bit lacking of informations has happened anyway. :)

If the Red Eclipse is really full, I would bet on Dune Bantha as the next destination server for PVE EU English.

Yes. Its nine servers that have been transfered to Red Eclipse and Its 10 servers left. So either they will transfer the rest to a new one or they will transfer all of them to Red Eclipse. Like they do on the PVP side.

Yes. Its nine servers that have been transfered to Red Eclipse and Its 10 servers left. So either they will transfer the rest to a new one or they will transfer all of them to Red Eclipse. Like they do on the PVP side.

Indeed, BTW I don't think that Red Eclipse is capable of absorbing 10 more servers, even considering that the missing ones are surely healtier than the ones that have been moved to RE by now.

The only question available now is what's the designated destination server after Red Eclipse for EU PvE players...

Joveth sorry, for this, but this is NOT A SERIOUS answer for a what I used to think of a serious company. What you are saying here is that you are going to treat us like we got plague or something and we SHOULD BE ACTUALLY PUNISHED for the fact that we picked an RP-PVP Server for it's community. You Say you going to evaluate options.

Is it SO HARD to understand that If the decision is not made NOW by you there is going to be NOTHING to evaluate really soon???

I am The guildmaster of one of the biggest guilds of Lord Calypho. Have talked with Almost ALL the guildmasters or Officers of our server's guilds. ALL ARE ABOUT TO QUIT!

You have to make up your minds now regarding those 3 servers , i know many will say it is a lot to demand for only 3 servers when so many more are in worst situation than us regarding population, but what YOU HAVE SAID clearly says that as the things are now.... ALL YOU 10009700 Clients of US ARE GETTING TREATED THIS WAY.

BUT YOU DAMNED EUROPEANS RP-PVPers NO!!!

It is a decision that MUST be made Now... Not soon. NOW.

On the other hand the way you completely ignore a thread of 48 pages http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=475348

And DECIDING to answer WITH THE 1st YELLOW POST SPEAKING ABOUT TROLLING ?????? In page 42...

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=475348&page=42

Just proves My sayings.

Me and my guild really enjoy this game and we just feel like you are PUSHING us to quit.

We do not ask diferrent treatment , just Equal one...

How is this not an answer?

Okay, admittedly, they did not say: You will be able to transfer to so-and-so. But still, they admitted it is an issue and are looking into it. Just like everyone else still waiting for word on their transfer: Be patient. Your situation is even more complex than all the others. So it is normal for you to come last because of that, isn't it?

Actually My PvP experience have become garbage since the transfer, I used to really enjoy the pvp community on the server I was originated on, Now it's non-existant Sure you can get groups and premades but...the feeling is not there anymore, previously you could pug and everyone talked to each other even if we didn't have to, we knew where and when we where needed, all that is gone. Now it seems like everyone got the headless chicken syndrome and run around aimless at where to go, I mean even the fresh 10 people knew how to play Aldeeran properly where I came from.

I don't know about the game anymore to be honest, I don't think this merge thing will actually solve the community issues swtor have, I think it just gonna undermine it you can say it's alot like drowning, either you struggle for your life to keep yourself alive as long as possible or you just dive in and take it all to die.

Oh and btw.

This is how I felt about PvP pre transfer...

Indeed, BTW I don't think that Red Eclipse is capable of absorbing 10 more servers, even considering that the missing ones are surely healtier than the ones that have been moved to RE by now.

The only question available now is what's the designated destination server after Red Eclipse for EU PvE players...

Yes. I was thinking the same, but then I look what they do with the USA servers and PVP. On Bastion they have 3 instences with 600 people. It then remains to see today. Will we have one PVE server in Europe (mega server) or will there be 2 ?

Edited by Tmbn

Well currently it looks like all the English EU PvP servers are getting dumped onto Tomb of Freedon Nadd. I had the option to reroll there when my server first started dying and I chose not to because I didn't like the community, now it appears I have no choice.

There are only 3 remaining English EU PvP servers to get added to the list and they are Legions of Lettow, Basilisk Droid and Bloodworthy. Either I get lucky and they merge those three or I'm cancelling my sub.

Yeah yeah, whine whine, QQ, but I'm not the only one who does not and never wanted to be on TOFN and now with all the transfers going there, people are jumping ship as soon as they can meaning my server will be even more dead then what it currently is.

Edited by SirLimbo

How is this not an answer?

Okay, admittedly, they did not say: You will be able to transfer to so-and-so. But still, they admitted it is an issue and are looking into it. Just like everyone else still waiting for word on their transfer: Be patient. Your situation is even more complex than all the others. So it is normal for you to come last because of that, isn't it?

You are right , what i am saying is that ok yes they say that: we are looking into it, but what i am saying is that it will be to late. People have allready started quiting when they decide to treat us diferently FROM ANY other server in this game. Fair answer for me it would be : Yes Your situation is exceptional , you will get transfers as well but you will be last since it requires thinking to actually see what we are going to do with you. What they said is . All Of you are getting transfers the 3 rp-pvp won't.

And this is all WE Want to hear tbh. That we are going to be equaly treated like everyone else. Nothing more nothing less. I really can not see why is it so damn hard for em to just Say THAT THEY CAN FIX this, but just we are going to be last because it requires more thinking and atm the other servers are comming 1st which we would tottaly be ok with.

Well currently it looks like all the English EU PvP servers are getting dumped onto Tomb of Freedon Nadd. I had the option to reroll there when my server first started dying and I chose not to because I didn't like the community, now it appears I have no choice.

There are only 3 remaining English EU PvP servers to get added to the list and they are Legions of Lettow, Basilisk Droid and Bloodworthy. Either I get lucky and they merge those three or I'm cancelling my sub.

Yeah yeah, whine whine, QQ, but I'm not the only one who does not and never wanted to be on TOFN and now with all the transfers going there, people are jumping ship as soon as they can meaning my server will be even more dead then what it currently is.

Amen, TOFN is the most worthless Community i've ever seen, You get a full ingore list and loads of report tickets in matter of days, It's insulting and BW should honestly clear out the dead waste. Seems it's time to Restart a new toon on PvE or stop playing.

Amen, TOFN is the most worthless Community i've ever seen, You get a full ingore list and loads of report tickets in matter of days, It's insulting and BW should honestly clear out the dead waste. Seems it's time to Restart a new toon on PvE or stop playing.

I play on there, and i must admit, WZs can be a nightmare if you lose, with several ppl moaning like baby's in chat if you lose, with lots of insults thrown at the team, of course i always respond and tell them where to go.

For example one WZ's recently we were losing heavily in hutball, so what did half of my team do, they all sat down by the Hutball Goal line and did nothing and let the other team reach a score of 6, i kid you not, thats what happened, immature fools.

TOFN does seem to be a very immature community compared to other servers, luckily i transferred my legacy and my level 50 yesterday so i can concentrate playing on The red eclispe now

The chat on TOFN also seems full of ignorant ppl for some reason

Edited by kmufc

I play on there, and i must admit, WZs can be a nightmare if you lose, with several ppl moaning like baby's in chat if you lose, with lots of insults thrown at the team, of course i always respond and tell them where to go.

For example one WZ's recently we were losing heavily in hutball, so what did half of my team do, they all sat down by the Hutball Goal line and did nothing and let the other team reach a score of 6, i kid you not, thats what happened, immature fools.

I now have a few toons on The red eclipse and had none of this last night when i played WZS and lost.

The chat also seems full of ignorant ppl for some reason

Precisely the reason I am not happy that my server will have transfer options to TOFN. For now I guess I'll just stay on my server even with the transfers and deal with it being a ghost town. Because I will not be transfering to TOFN.

Before this whole transfer situation TOFN had a healthy community, why not pick a second PvP EU English server and start transfering the others there?

Hardcore PVP players! :D

Precisely the reason I am not happy that my server will have transfer options to TOFN. For now I guess I'll just stay on my server even with the transfers and deal with it being a ghost town. Because I will not be transfering to TOFN.

Before this whole transfer situation TOFN had a healthy community, why not pick a second PvP EU English server and start transfering the others there?

Tbh TOFN wasn't good pre transfer mate, Staying doesn't seem as an option as they will most likely close down the origin servers eventually -.-

1st of all, my transfer was complete in under 1 minute, which is amazing. Well done on that.

One thing I wish to query though is that my server, Uthar Wynn is being transferred to The Tomb of Freedon Naad which is an extremly well populated server. So well in-fact that there are always server queues around the busy times. I noticed that a lot of other PvP servers have been transferred here too.

Wouldnt it have been better to transfer all the low pop PvP servers to one that isnt already bursting at the seams as the tomb of freedon naad is? Or is the situation so bad that the combined numbers of about 17 servers still would leave the population in crisis?

Edited by smexymage
correcting facts

Tbh TOFN wasn't good pre transfer mate, Staying doesn't seem as an option as they will most likely close down the origin servers eventually -.-

Then I shall play on my server until it closes down by myself. I'm not transfering to TOFN.

Edited by SirLimbo

Wouldnt it have been better to transfer all the low pop PvP servers to one that isnt already bursting at the seams as the tomb of freedon naad is? Or is the situation so bad that the combined numbers of about 10 servers still would leave the population in crisis?

You would of thought so, they must be going to raise server cap on TOFN significantly i think in the coming days.

Edited by kmufc

What's goin' on in here?

Got my coffee and my tent, setting up camp for todays transfers.

Surely day 3 will be the charm...

(Though I admit I'm concerned those of us at the end of the line are going to get screwed somehow.)

That could never happen.

Yes. I was thinking the same, but then I look what they do with the USA servers and PVP. On Bastion they have 3 instences with 600 people. It then remains to see today. Will we have one PVE server in Europe (mega server) or will there be 2 ?

R U sure about that? This opens a whole rid of new options, even if IMHO merging all in a single server could be a big risk for BW. What if, when they'll release the first expansion, they get a big boost of subscriptions (e.g. a well made space expansions that attracts tons of new players)?

I'd rather prefer two 70% full servers than one 120% or 140% server that's going to collapse in case of new subscriptions (and you can't ask to a new subscriber to go in a empty server because the old ones are filled to full capacity) :)

R U sure about that? This opens a whole rid of new options, even if IMHO merging all in a single server could be a big risk for BW. What if, when they'll release the first expansion, they get a big boost of subscriptions (e.g. a well made space expansions that attracts tons of new players)?

I'd rather prefer two 70% full servers than one 120% or 140% server that's going to collapse in case of new subscriptions (and you can't ask to a new subscriber to go in a empty server because the old ones are filled to full capacity) :)

That is what I thought they would have planned to do. EG if they had 20 servers with 1 Heavy and 19 servers ranging between med/low. I figured they would have taken the bottom 5 light servers and put them into that 1 heavy, then taken the remaining 14 server and picked the most populated from there and given the other 13 the option to transfer into that server...