Free Character Transfers Now Available On Select Servers

CourtneyWoods

It is quite possible the origin realms chosen so far have been the lightest pop of their type/time zone/region/language so far. We really don't know as we have no accurate way to judge this. According to TORStatus, all but the top 10 realms (before transfers started) had populations between 0.99-0.97 which is pretty much a negligible difference, in fact with the way the gather their metric, probably almost completely meaningless. So, yea, we have no clue.

Lots of 0.99s according to TORStatus (the majority of NA servers)- I checked it before I wrote my last post- and it is such a fine line that if you go by the stats presented none of this makes sense, it seems utterly random except for a few combos.

Yeah, no clue and I doubt we'll be provided with one :(

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lets be honest the lowest pop servers (reality of bioware knowing the true numbers) will come last because they can top a server pop off easier then a bigger pop.

That sound reasonable, but then you find servers like Kinrath Spider in the list, they have the same or less pop than us.

Guys i hope you will annouce more servers in the next 2 hours again. I dont wanna w8 more here in Atho City.

(And hope we can move to Tomb of Freedon Nadd)

Edited by havast

exactly, they need to move the higher pops first and see what they're working with.

Trust me I wish it was different but if they told us this is what they were doing there would be a lot less grief on the forums, doing the lowest pop first would risk splitting guilds of the bigger pops and as a gm our biggest concern was being split.

The thing that worries people is that if they aren't early they will just be on another soon to be dead server

Edited by NotSevv

Quoting myself here for further clarification. This doesn't mean that we won't be evaluating feedback and populations on an ongoing basis. We will be evaluating the options for folks on these three servers as we continue the initial character transfer service. If anything changes, we will be sure to let folks know immediately.

Well personally i can certinatly wait a day or two more, since i've allready waited this long - but extending it further then that, meanwhile we sit and watch every other server sparkle with life, will not yield a very profitable result for neither us nor you i think..

//Twin

I'm seariously getting nervous here, What about Starstorm One.

I know there are servers that got less people and some got more, you can say we are average does that mean we get no transfers? I rather do a Leap of Faith from this ship before it sinks then drown with it.

Quick question,

what is the cut off being used to determine if you're opening up a server for transfer?

if we rarely see more than 10 people on fleet, is that a good indication it'll be opened up?

Quick question,

what is the cut off being used to determine if you're opening up a server for transfer?

if we rarely see more than 10 people on fleet, is that a good indication it'll be opened up?

So far from an outside stand point people have been moving to the healthier population servers.

Well i was hoping for sure that my server Kaas City would be a go to server but the way it looks i better be ready to move my guild :( I'm very excited to be with a lot more people but just moving in general sucks :(

Guys, I hate to say it, but someone has to be last. BW MUST have a plan, and yea, if Death Wind Corridor is last, it'll suck. But I would recommend to all of you, open a book or something and refresh your browser every 30 minutes. Time goes by faster if you do something else. Your server will come up, they still want you guys to play, but if you bumrush the server transfers, you'll be transferring and it'll take 6 hours for transfers. How is that any better than 20 new servers every 2 hours? This makes the workload easier on them.