Free Character Transfers Now Available On Select Servers

CourtneyWoods

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great. I get a notice that I can transfer my gimped Consular on Keller's Void to a new server...after I gave up and re-rolled a new Consular on Fatman. No thanks, Bioware.

If you can hook up Dreshdae Cantina, that would be great.

Which is why it was further clarified that updates would come in not months or even weeks, so days. And then they told us there would be more servers going up sometime this morning.

Earlier in this thread in a response to a question from me BW flat out refused to suggest to any time line at all for this process to be completed. It may very well be a month or more.

I wish they would at least give us an "order list" to see where our server ranked in the queue. Come to think of it, this is kinda like waiting for PvP on our server :p Although I'm sure we will be able to transfer before the next match is queued :p

I know your heart is in the right place but this would be a horrible idea. You know as well as I do, that if such a list was released the forums would crashed due to the sheer amount of "WHY ISN'T MY SERVER HIGHER?! IT'S MORE DEAD THAN THOSE ABOVE ME!!!11!' threads.

Total list of origin servers now: 24 (edit: 26, eh 28)

Added 2 more Origins to go to The Fatman, Jedi Covenant and Harbinger servers each.

--edit-- and whoops, 2 more to The Jedi Tower as well.

--edit 2-- And 2 more to The Bastion as well.. better stop typing and wait to see what is what after the dust settles :p

Edited by Devlonir

Which part of "this will be a gradual process" was unclear?

The part where they actually spelled out what the process is? Here let me make a nice form letter for them.

Hi everyone this is CSR ____. We are currently working very hard on the server transfers. Our current plan is to do transfers in batches of _____, every _____ hours. Things that could change this schedule are _____. If this should occur then we anticipate having to delay the process for ______ (hours / days / weeks). Here is a list of the groups of origin servers in the order they will be transferred.

The part where they actually spelled out what the process is? Here let me make a nice form letter for them.

Hi everyone this is CSR ____. We are currently working very hard on the server transfers. Our current plan is to do transfers in batches of _____, every _____ hours. Things that could change this schedule are _____. If this should occur then we anticipate having to delay the process for ______ (hours / days / weeks). Here is a list of the groups of origin servers in the order they will be transferred.

That is far too complicated a concept. Actually giving any shred of non vague information might destroy the company that is Bioware.

That would be extremely helpful therefore never going to happen.

Anyone else have the problem where the transfer interface claims you have one more character on the destination service than what you really have there? I'm unable to transfer my last character because the transfer thinks i've already transferred eight there when ive only transferred seven :(

Right. And you've played another MMO before this? And experienced this kind of directness before?

Anyone else have the problem where the transfer interface claims you have one more character on the destination service than what you really have there? I'm unable to transfer my last character because the transfer thinks i've already transferred eight there when ive only transferred seven :(

Make an 8th toon on the server you transferred to then delete it, now go transfer your last toon. This was addressed in another post somewhere. Hope it works for you.

That is far too complicated a concept. Actually giving any shred of non vague information might destroy the company that is Bioware.

Its ridiculous too that they do not announce the new servers but you have to login constantly and check your account. Would be be too hard to get one of the CSR's who are locking 100s of threads an hour to type a 5 minute post?

There's a workaround for this posted somewhere but it goes something like this:

-Create new character on the server you're transferring to

-Go through the opening crawl and coversation

-Clean out mailbox if necessary (better to be safe than sorry)

-Delete said character

-Account page should now correctly show 7 instead of 8

List of servers for transfer from Account page.

The Defenestrator to Jedi Covenant

Sedyn Kyne to Jedi Covenant

Keller's Void to Jedi Covenant

Rwookrrorro to The Fatman

Hedarr Soongh to The Fatman

Cho Mai to The Fatman

Fa'athra to Drooga's Pleasure Barge

Kath Hound to The Ebon Hawk

Zayne Carrick to Vanjervalis Chain

Eye of Ashlanae to The Red Eclipse

Ludo Kressh to The Red Eclipse

Goluud Corridor to The Red Eclipse

The Shadow Runner to Tomb of Freedon Nadd

Kessel Run to Battle Meditation

Ven Zallow to Jung Ma

The Courageous to Canderous Ordo

Nadd's Sarcophagus to The Bastion

The Crucible Pits to The Bastion

Rakata Mind Prison to The Bastion

Krath to The Harbinger

Soresu to The Harbinger

Empress Teta to The Harbinger

Lord Ieldis to Begeren Colony

Shaltin Tunnels to The Progenitor

Mecrosa Order to Darth Nihilus

Stereb Cities to The Jedi Tower

Dreypa's Oubliette to The Jedi Tower

Handmaidens of Atris to The Jedi Tower

Gnawer's Roost to Jar'Kai Sword

The Krath Enchanter to Jar'Kai Sword

The Restoration Zone to Jar'Kai Sword

Phateem Halls of Knowledge to Mantle of the Force

Kissai Caste to Mantle of the Force

Vodo-Siosk Baas to Mantle of the Force

AAAAArhg! My server is not in the list :(:rak_02::rolleyes:

Keep checking, 5 minutes ago they added 14 servers, i just refreshed and they added another 4.

Pro-tip : CTRL+F server name + hit next. Saves searching through the list to see your'e a destination server.

Edit - they just added even more, they're going all out this time.

Edited by Kabaal

http://www.swtor.com/transfer still gives me this msg:

SWTOR.com is currently unavailable while we perform scheduled maintenance. Please check back again soon!

En raison d'une maintenace prévue, le site de swtor.com n'est actuellement pas disponible. Veuillez réessayer ultérieurement!

Leider ist die Star Wars: The Old Republic-Website momentan aufgrund von geplanten Wartungsarbeiten nicht erreichbar. Versuchen Sie es bitte später erneut!

However, if i check the transfer stuff in account i can view it. Why is it so hard for them to post it where it is easily accessed?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.