The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Free Character Transfers Now Available On Select Servers

CourtneyWoods

Completely unacceptable. Why does Belgoth's Beacon get the shaft compared to other servers? Is there any explanation for this?

I could understand if there was a cluster of east coast PVP servers that did not receive the transfer option yet, but there is only 2 left over. How much longer should we wait before even more people leave the server and make it a complete ghost town?

Half of the game's content becomes unused because there is not enough people left on the server to help experience it.

I would really appreciate a reply.

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All right folks, I have an update for you.

As mentioned before, because of the logistics in monitoring the rate of character transfers and population shifts onto destination servers, our cadence for opening up origin servers will change day-to-day.

As we approach the weekend, we want to be careful about where to allow additional servers to transfer to so as not to overwhelm current destination servers. Many weekend players will be logging in, contributing to our overall analysis.

This means that we need to monitor populations and rate of transfers over the weekend before opening up new servers. We understand that players are anxious to transfer, but please be patient during this process so that we can deliver the best gameplay experience that we can offer.

THANK YOU for letting us know.

We're not happy with the response but at least we know what's going on. That's a lot better than keeping us out of the loop.

Are you able to elaborate on what your monitoring for those who are currently left out? I'm assuming it's because the servers that have already been chosen are OPEN for transfers, but not everyone on that server has yet taken the option to do so, therefore it's unknown exactly how crowded that server MAY become?

Also, not everyone pays attention to the forums so the possibility that they will transfer later (after new servers are inculded as origins) is also a concern?

If this is the case, would it be possible just to "temporarily" consolidate the remaining servers with each other while they are waiting so they at least have each other to play with? That way they don't feel like their subscription fees are being wasted?

This.

Worst case scenario... have to move the temporary people somewhere else next week.

Best case scenario.. everything works perfectly and Bioware emerges as a damn hero.

Current case scenario... a lot of pissed off players, and more cancelled subs.

And btw I don't want to be compensated I just want to be treated like im not a second rate customer.

Exactly. Us stuck on Belgoth's Beacon are second rate customers, no matter what they say when we are one of two east PvP servers not transferred. If BB is not up for transfer by the end of the day, as much as I don't want to, I will cancel. I'm tried of paying for a game that no one is around to play. I could wait two more days or three more, but I won't since I've been waiting since May. So Bioware, let the last two East PvP servers transfer or you will probably lose more than just my subscription. Just so you know, it doesn't feel good knowing that I pay the same monthly fee as those other players, yet mine isn't good enough.

Why.... Why can you not just transfer the last 2 EST PVP servers it makes no sense The few people that are on it will not cap the population.. This is just frustrating, I've been waiting since Tuesday I was so happy that I would be off and actually being able to pvp more then once every hour 1/2... sometimes the WZ pops and it ends in 30 seconds because theres only 4 people on one of the teams. WHY would you transfer 27 some servers and leave 2 behind. My guild is falling apart, they wont log in unless we get transfers. Not even on raid nights we dont get more than 4-5 people anymore. this is absolutely ridiculous.

This! There is a fraction of servers left. Who cares if some servers are lower than others at the end? They are ALL nice and packed as it is!

This isnt even "transfers" and they know it! There is no "choice" on where to go ... there is no back and forth. No decisions what so ever. This is more a "voluntary merging" of the servers. What happens on the weekend is irrelevant anyway. Not many people care to stay in a ghost town, nearly everyone who is in an Origin server is going to leave eventually. You should already KNOW which has how many accounts and should set up your transfers accordingly.

No, it does not look like it. Please see the reasoning in my previous post.

Then you should start handing out carrots and cookies to the people who are stuck in empty servers while the rest of the population is having a GREAT time this weekend. Or else I think you could start giving advice on other MMO games that we can play instead. I would rather play a crappy MMO with people on it than this. THIS IS NOT WORTH THE MONEY!

Exactly. Us stuck on Belgoth's Beacon are second rate customers, no matter what they say when we are one of two east PvP servers not transferred. If BB is not up for transfer by the end of the day, as much as I don't want to, I will cancel. I'm tried of paying for a game that no one is around to play. I could wait two more days or three more, but I won't since I've been waiting since May. So Bioware, let the last two East PvP servers transfer or you will probably lose more than just my subscription. Just so you know, it doesn't feel good knowing that I pay the same monthly fee as those other players, yet mine isn't good enough.

theyre not gonna transfer us or anyone else today, so you should just save yourself some time...

Can you tell me what you mean by BB thank you.

Joveth!!!!

Issue: Servers may break or have long queue times if they transfer more servers into them

Solution: Firaxan Shark is a low pop server that has a lot of potential to it and 2 high rated guilds (The Hand of the Empire (Empire) and Leviathan (Republic)). Make us a destination server and we can alleviate some of the stress of some of the other destination servers.

Answer me!!!!

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=4641889#edit4641889 - You saying more transfers opening up Friday....

He also said they were reevaluating on a daily basis based on whatever sort of data thing they think they're watching.

Don't accuse him. He's doing the best he can with what limited information he has. If you choose to act like a dick the community team will be discouraged from communicating with us in the future.

Why always so cryptic. Why just don't state that in case of Europe you want to see if can move all servers to Eclipse or if you need to open a new one. Is that so difficult. And why not announce this strategy from the beginning. Why all those suspense all those days. Even now. Why not state the above and make it clear so that people can move on for the weekend and don't need to wait for further transfers.

Because obviously - they don't know themselves. Everything looks to run based on a day-by-day basis for what to do next.

They seem to have no plan going into the processes - as they've obviously not made any initial calculations based on metrics gathered the last couple of months of how many active players there are in the game, and divide them with the expected capacity of servers.

Presto - easily calculated how many origin and destinations servers there needs to be to get a good foothold until a (paid) customer based transfer service can be started.

But no - Instead this 'monitor' -speak they keep using which obviously shows they don't know how many will actually move, nor how many actually plays.

So instead of taking a chance and allowing the actives ones to have more MMO - they'll rather let them be stuck on low populated servers.

They do not know the result of their actions and they don't seem to plan much and most surprisingly of all - they don't seem to care either.

Edited by xandax

I have unsubed Only 2 PVP East servers left and they are both dead and its the weekend they really dont care about us. I loved the game and was really hopeful for 1.3 but it looks like me and my whole guild will be moving to GW2 so to all my friend from BB ill miss you

-Locke

So reps, thanks, I appreciate the communication. But accuracy of that communication is still severely lacking. I know the statements are from two different reps, but communication + accuracy is key. And if you guys can't get things right (repeated backpedaling, inaccurate statements), why are you "reps" in the first place? Doesn't that indicate a poorly done job?

I'm not sure if it's the reps' fault or Bioware/EA's fault of someone feeding you inaccurate information, but this pattern hasn't changed. Always this cycle...

1.) Bioware reps communicate with us.

2.) Info turns out to be inaccurate and either changed, withdrawn, or backpedaling.

3.) Bioware doesn't communicate with us because they're afraid to give incorrect information

4.) Repeat.

How can we stop this cycle? What can we do as a community to change this? I don't think there's much we can do, so the ball has sort of been resting in your court from day one. And you guys wonder why the forums rage?

Today:

Quote:

No, it does not look like it. Please see the reasoning in my previous post.

Yesterday:

Quote:

You will see us opening more up tomorrow and into next week. We understand that everyone is excited to transfer, but we do have to see how each day's transfers affect server populations in order to open up more origin servers each day.

Do you guys have any idea what you are doing?

Indeed. makes you wonder.

This.

Worst case scenario... have to move the temporary people somewhere else next week.

Best case scenario.. everything works perfectly and Bioware emerges as a damn hero.

Current case scenario... a lot of pissed off players, and more cancelled subs.

A hero of their own horrible creation? I would say...they emerge as a company who took very long to fix a gigantic mistake, but at least it will be fixed.

Dear Bioware,

I am one of your loyal customers who continues to languish on one of the few remaining dead servers that has been left out of the transfer process. It is clear that you are aware of the dire need to address the population problem as you've dedicated considerable resources to the issue. It is further clear that you recognize that providing a gaming service dependent by definition on a community of players is critical to the success of said game, and that being unable to provide such an environment requires swift and decisive action to insure that ALL aspects of the product can be utilized in a reasonable manner. You're willingness to fix the problem is laudable and seems to have been highly successful.

That being said, it's unacceptable that you have chosen to provide relief to a vast majority of your customer base only to leave a small percentage out, seemingly relegating them to second class citizens. Further, offer explanations that suggest that the service is being 'fine tuned' hardly offers any comfort. It suggests that the customers who really matter have been helped. Those that remain do not warrant or deserve similar action and can be comfortably left in the situation that prompted such necessary and decisive action.

My friends and I continue to be unable to complete daily and weekly pvp objectives as the average q in the 50 bracket on Jekk Jekk is upwards from an hour. Finding a group to do planetary heroics is and has been all but impossible. The same can be said or sub 50 flashpoints. We HAVE been able to run ops and HMs, but only because our guild has remained dedicated to the game we love, in spite of the fact that we continue to be dismissed as unworthy of attention or even acknowledgment. I don't expect that this complaint will even be acknowledged, but I wanted to express my dissatisfaction and to make you aware that the only reason I have not cancelled my account is due to the commitment I have to my friends in my guild.

Notannos

Today , 12:17 PM | #2

Hello shutrboy,

We understand that players have been anticipating and patiently waiting for character transfers to be opened on their particular servers. At this time we do have to ask for your continued patience during this process so that we can stabilize and monitor this process and the server populations on destination servers.

We do appreciate the constructive feedback, we ask that you continue discussion in our sticky thread found in General Discussion to continue leaving us your thoughts and concerns.

Yeah....ok...I'll continue the conversation here. Can I NOW have someone actually address the issue instead of offering yet another condescending, dismissive canned CS-speak load of garbage?

I wanted to follow up for the Bioware team, considering how much frustration has been expressed on this forum (including by me).

My server (Sith Meditation Sphere) was finally picked for transfer in the last round yesterday. My experience since then has been fantastic!

1) Transfer of my 7 characters took less than a minute each (though I was told to expect up to an hour).

2) The server population was awesome - we hit 300 at least on the Republic Fleet, maybe more in another instance. Word was that there were 400+ on the Imperial side too.

3) PVP was non-stop; I played 6-7 hours straight, with non-stop WZ queue pops, and made >60k valor last night alone

4) We've already added more people to our guild to help raid with us

People in my guild are saying, "Now this is the game we wanted all along!" I have to agree, this is awesome and fun and all I hoped it would be. Nice work on the transfers!!

You'll notice that they're from two different days, and that that wasn't my previous post today. As I mentioned, it's a day-to-day evaluation.

You have 7 PVE West Servers left. Why not make one of them a destination server.....? Being in that last group of 7 is absolutely terrible.

It really sucks to be a pre-order customer, and to feel like im getting deprived of the same quality of gameplay that other players now get. I am on only 1 of 2 remaining East Coast PVP servers that have not been transferred, and it is really getting old. Thanks for doing the transfers, but no thanks for leaving 2 servers out of the mix. Heads up: we enjoy playing the game too... Just saying. BTW: On Belgoth's Beacon as well.... Edited by Nappoleonn

Thanks joveth and the transfer team for the updates and hard work. The Harbinger is back to it's old lively self again, and that's thanks to you guys. It was well worth the wait. When this is over, I hope you guys got some vaca days saved up!

Hello all,

We know that server transfers is a topic that the community feels very strongly about. However, remember that even if you're upset we ask you to express yourself in a constructive and civil manner. It's okay to be upset, but the Rules of Conduct still apply in order for the discussion to happen constructively. So as a reminder, please keep in mind that profanity, rude comments, inflammatory comments meant to provoke strong reactions from others and insults are not allowed.