Free Character Transfers Now Available On Select Servers

CourtneyWoods

I am perplexed why they didn't move the lowest population servers first? I'm trying to be somewhat patient, but I have been on a dead server for months. 20 on fleet in the best of days isn't fun for a pvper. We have been having 40-50 people in the game during prime time. Welcome to Thendy's Noori. Every single match we play the same pvp group. This has been going on for weeks now. Edited by MrSIlverSurfing

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will those of us who are American who ended up on a Euro server with the rest of our guild ever be able to transfer our Euro characters/legacy over to a US server? Hope of this is about the only thing that keeps my sub going. Everyone left the Euro server. I want to play on the US server now for better ping but I have a full account of characters some at war hero level so just starting over is not an option. I'd rather cancel my account and find something different to play than start over.

you are totally ****ed

That may be. However, it still does not help the people that do not want to go to the most populated servers and sit in queues. Do those people now suck it up and play alone until forced to move? No, I suspect that those people will quit instead of wait for "soon". I thought the ultimate point of this was to retain subscribers. By giving people no choice in some cases, and giving others a head start in other cases, it will serve to alienate a portion of the dwindling played base.

All I'm saying is that Bioware needs to stop making decisions for us and let US choose where to go. They did it with Pre Order guilds, now they are doing it with transfers. Not everyone applauds when choice is taken away.

It’s not like this is a real free character transfer, it’s just a server merger masquerading as a character transfer.

You got no real choice in the matter if you’re on server “A” you get to move to server “B” ….big woop ….thats a server merger …making us ring a bell first and say “ding…ding…ding” please move me does not make this anything else but a server merge.

Will those of us who are American who ended up on a Euro server with the rest of our guild ever be able to transfer our Euro characters/legacy over to a US server? Hope of this is about the only thing that keeps my sub going. Everyone left the Euro server. I want to play on the US server now for better ping but I have a full account of characters some at war hero level so just starting over is not an option. I'd rather cancel my account and find something different to play than start over.

It's only EU > EU and US > US atm. I doubt that's going to change until paid transfers, if even then.

Eagerly awaiting the addition of The Razor to the transfer list.

( ^^ it's "refrain" btw)

No, not transfer, but destination. I don't want to move! D=

Yay another The Razor member we really need a transfer.

Edited by Keymod

Most likely because people on those servers are already used to getting the shortest straw so few more won't make a difference.

Probably but still man I'm about at a breaking point and any hint of good news makes this worse. lol. I will be very happy to kiss Thendy's Noori good bye! I rolled alts on the Fatman and Swiftsure, but I like grouping with my friends so. /tap foot

Edited by MrSIlverSurfing

It’s not like this is a real free character transfer, it’s just a server merger masquerading as a character transfer.

You got no real choice in the matter if you’re on server “A” you get to move to server “B” ….big woop ….thats a server merger …making us ring a bell first and say “ding…ding…ding” please move me does not make this anything else but a server merge.

^this is truth.

I want to pick where I want to go.

you realise when WoW came out they completely re-worked the whole combat system and class system to what it is known by today right? many games have issues in their first year regardless of time money or company, get used to it, if you are going to guild wars then shut it and go dont burn forums of a community you no longer want a part of

I have never played WOW more than a week. So no, I don't know jack about wow and don't know wth that has to do with the price of tea in China? Who gives a rats *** about WoW?

As far as Get used to it? LOL? I think it's safe to say we are all used to it at this point. That doesn't mean we have to like it.....which we don't. GW2 is not out yet so....I can't go anywhere...which is something I think I already stated.

Lastly, the forums are provided by BW/EA for me, the paying customer, to tell them how I feel about things and discuss them with my fellow paying customers. So how bout you shut it? I pay them to post what my feedback is, tyvm. I'm not burning anything down. BW is torching enough of things on their own and don't seem to need me to lend them any matches....

But I do appreciate you quoting my thoughts so more people (like the dev team) can read my feelings on the matter. So thanks brother!

Would be nice to get more ppl on European PVP-servers. Impossible to queue warzones with less than 10 lvl 50's @ peak time. Also can't get any better gear without groups for flashpoints and operations, GTN is totally useless.

Hope that server I'm located will get new ppl or ppl from my server will be transferred to other PVP-server soon.

Haven't seen this addressed. Answer seems obvious, but..

Will our storage transfer with toon? It should right? No one has enough room on their toons to pack it all up.

Just get everything out of your mail or guild bank.

Haven't seen this addressed. Answer seems obvious, but..

Will our storage transfer with toon? It should right? No one has enough room on their toons to pack it all up.

you would think they transfer too, but who know when bw epic fails....

Same here. But being destination would be better. We're not THAT low populated compared to some servers I've looked at. We're damn near light-medium to dead-light.

At prime the imp fleet has 20 people. And at prime we have about 78-100 people on. We are 0.98 on tor status we use to be 1.03 sadly.

I'm going to go ahead and wager that the slow proceeding with the transfers is due to the EU players. Seems like a lot of them have been jumping on this. I've been taking peeks at their server list today and it looks like the number of populated servers is going up. I'm taking this into consideration with their usual server load, btw.

Helpful? No. Possible explanation and a reassurance for waiting though.

At prime the imp fleet has 20 people. And at prime we have about 78-100 people on. We are 0.98 on tor status we use to be 1.03 sadly.

Ah, but see, that's the problem. Don't look at fleet, look at over all. Overall on either side I see anywhere from 80-100+. Only like 20s on Fleet, but in the entire galaxy there's like 100+ most times. Believe me, I check.

I'm glad that there is a slow pacing to this. It's given me time to clear mail boxes, and Galactic Market listings.

Got my alternate names list ready, and my alternate Legacy last names list as well.

Hoping I'm origin, but ready to transfer.

Take all the time you need Bioware, I shall patently wait.

:jawa_angel:

:rolleyes: Hmm, something vewy VEWY suspisous about this...;)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.