Jedi Sentinel – A Primer

Maefly

Just wanted to thank you for this guide. I've been trying to figure out my sentinel since launch, always seemed to end up leaving it on the back burner while I played other classes.

Finally things clicked with this guide. My rotation/priority system is finally smooth although I still need practice.

+100 internets :D

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great guide, just wanted to know what are the preferred Crew Skills for a Sentinel?

I was thinking Synthweaving/Archeology/Underworld Trading as I have other Empire toons who do Bio and Armormech so wanted to do something different but still be viable to the class.

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
Great guide, just wanted to know what are the preferred Crew Skills for a Sentinel?

I was thinking Synthweaving/Archeology/Underworld Trading as I have other Empire toons who do Bio and Armormech so wanted to do something different but still be viable to the class.

Thanks.

what i use on my sentinal and i think is very valuable on all classes are diplomacy/biochem/bioanalysis. this is because the rakata stims and medpacks are amazing.

I'm curious about the priority of crits and power. I'm no expert and I haven't done all the work you did here to get your info and this guide really helped me get my sent/watchman to 50.

But now as I try to optimize gear I'm wondering if crit shouldn't be higher. It's my impression that Zen gives 100% crit bonus to burning attacks, and to me thats the DoT's. From what I've seen using Cauterize with or without Zen the initial hits are the same, as would be any other normal attack.

Again, Cauterize without Zen: a normal initial hit, followed by high and low ticks of DoT.

Cauterize after Zen: a normal initial hit followed by all high ticks of DoT.

Granted, Watchman is a DoT build, but while the DoT's are going I'm also hitting him with whatever else I have in my arsenal as well. Wouldn't crit then be as important as other classes?

Edited by XaddaX

1) I'm a level 50 with a little over 15,000 health. I see everyone else running around with 20,000 health. Am I geared really badly, or are they giving up DPS for survivability.

2) Is there an accurate math-y guide to stats that will let me play with different configuration of points before I burn all my credits?

1) I'm a level 50 with a little over 15,000 health. I see everyone else running around with 20,000 health. Am I geared really badly, or are they giving up DPS for survivability.

2) Is there an accurate math-y guide to stats that will let me play with different configuration of points before I burn all my credits?

I currently have just under 18k health in full Rakata minus an offhand. I've done all the datacrons except the +10 to every stat datacron.

Get some Columi gear and it'll get up there.

I currently have just under 18k health in full Rakata minus an offhand. I've done all the datacrons except the +10 to every stat datacron.

Get some Columi gear and it'll get up there.

Thanks for the response. Sounds like I'm not as far off plan as I thought.

But now as I try to optimize gear I'm wondering if crit shouldn't be higher.

I've wondered the same thing since I started getting Tionese and Columi gear, most of the pieces are stacked with Accuracy and Crit as their main secondary stats. The only answer I've been able to come up with, since my damage output has increased, is that due to the way Accuracy works once you go over 100% you are hitting more, and thus with a higher crit hitting bigger.

Now that isn't to say I've discarded Power altogether I've just reworked it onto my lightsabers by switching the mods around so that each one gives me at least 95+ power each, along with an ample amount of Surge.

Why isn't this thread stickied? This is my go-to spot on "Teh Interwebs" for information about my Sentinel, which is, incidentally, my favorite class that I have played so far on SWTOR.

Great job pulling info together on the class!

• 2 weeks later...

Bump and bump again...

With all the QQ threads starting up again about Sent this needs to be stickied again for the newbs that need to better understand the class.

Hopefully the OP will update for 1.2? :D

Don't know how or why this was unstickied in the first place...

Edited by redonkulos

Now that we can augment orange armor and sabers I was wondering if there was a approximate number to no longer slot Strength in favor of another stat in augments?

At least for PVE, Strength will always trump an equal amount of another stat.