Regarding server queues

StephenReid

What's a bit sad is seeing people in the now locked thread upset by 15ppl - 100ppl queues. If they just started today, they're in for a rude awakening.

For those of you that are new, and joining guildmates on the already full servers, don't pay attention to the estimated wait time - double it for a closer approximation, it's generally 4-5 hours during busier times. Don't allow anything to go wrong with your connection either, as the grace period is woefully insufficient. In the majority of cases it's right back to the queue for you.

And *still* no helpful communication from Bioware. Just a vague post stating the obvious with no indication of anything besides that which we already clearly know. Yeah, insult our intelligence, it's great to hear you know that there are queues, anything else?

How about a simple 'We have a plan, bear with us' or 'We're not going to do anything, feel free to cancel your subscription' and maybe even a 'Sorry for letting people continually roll characters on a full server'.

At the very least, what kind of stoneage is this where you don't even allow a reasonable grace period for disconnects? The current situation is right back to the queue. It's amazing how many of these basic things even Rift got right, and nowhere near the millions spent.

What you're seeing is people used to these queues during PEAK hours, not when the servers just came up in the early hours of the morning. EU servers should not have 30 min queues at 8 am.

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I, like so many others, am not happy with the whole queue situation either. I get up at 8:30 with the specific intent to get about 30-40 minutes of playing in before leaving the house for the day. I don't expect (or accept) having to wait for over half of that time just to get into the game.

From where I am standing, BioWare has severely underestimated the amount of servers required. Had they started off Early Access with twice the amount of servers and spread the guilds accordingly, I'm sure there wouldn't be nearly as many queues as we are seeing now. Yes, adding more will draw those players that have no ties whatsoever to the game towards them. But anyone who was in Beta, met/joined a guild but didn't pre-order (or redeem or get the pre-order code) will still be joining the server that guild is on.

I think the game is awesome, and if I had all day to play I wouldn't mind if I'd spend 20-30, heck even 45 minutes in queue. I'd use that time for other things around the house (as others mentioned as well), but if my time is short, then I expect to get in with no more than 10-15 minutes waiting time.

Another thing that should be noted: The estimated wait times are way off. I started queueing at 8:50 on Hydian Way. Estimated Wait: <10m 00s. It's now 9:15, I've been in queue for 25 minutes, yet the estimate displayed right now is <15m... Seems that the polling system in place to check this wait time isn't at all accurate.

I've now been waiting 40 mins in a queue which was supposed to be 20mins...which I joined at 7.30am, during my wait I have composed an official complaint letter and sent it on.

Because I preordered in store I haven't actually paid fully for my copy and quite frankly i'm reluctant to part with my hard earned money to just wait in queues all day.

I'm thinking maybe everyone should send official complaints rather than posting on forums which likely never get read by EA. If enough people do maybe they will do something ...

then again maybe they wont..

My main toons are on Luka Sene, which typically has a "Estimate <10m" queue that usually goes on for about 20-30 minutes. So I have a simple choice, do I want to sit in a queue or play SWTOR. If I want to do the latter, I hop over to another server where I have my alts (some of which are now higher level than my main)´and play there.

Seems logical to me :)

Woo, unemployed in sweden, I get ****loads of money for doing nothing.

I'll just enjoy my early morning with a good coffee and the book that came with the CE and just keep an eye on the queue, life is good...

Obviously not a troll post, this is how I feel. It's the FIRST day of the game =D

It's not as if when you actually get in you see loads of players...

I think people expect that we are queuing because it's full of players... when you actually get in you are lucky to see 50+ in the starter zone and more than 100 in other planets.

You have to separate the physical server name from the players... remember this game is heavily instanced/shard design so on the server you are queueing for there are probably 100 instances of the starter planet...

Been in a "10 minute" queue for over an hour now.

On the server my guild was assigned to in EAP.

Do i tell my guild to pack in all the characters they have so far and move somewhere else?

Some info would be nice Bioware so we can make an informed decision on if the queues will get better or not (server have artificially low population caps) or if this is how its going to be....

OK, Ahto City has, up until now, been pretty manageable with regards to queues, but I logged on this morning and was put into a queue of 195 people.

At 08:00 AM? What the hell did you guys do to the servers last night!?

Not too bothered, but I'm pressed for playing time at the moment and a queue of 200 is just mental. It's also moving much more slowly than usual, just 25 spaces in a quarter of an hour as opposed to the 150 spaces I went through last night in the space of 10m.

For all the people screaming at BW. You do realize its only 2am in Austin right now.

BioWare employees don't come back to work for another six hours...

I disagree. First off, if they don't want to be responsible for problems outside of work hours, they should turn off the servers before they go home each day. Second, the problem is many days old, not some overnight "oopsie". Thirdly, it's Launch Day, hour 2. People are up and working.

The "wait and see" period should have been over less than a day after the huge queues appeared. I'm beginning to suspect that when they raised capacity the server lag increased to unacceptable levels. Nothing about this looks good, and worst of all, the silence and lack of acknowledgement that there are currently any problems to resolve.

All during pre launch ppl were telling me that the servers were not running at full capacity and that they would increase the limit on them after launch, ist this in anyway true or are we forever captives of the evil guildkilling, funsucking quemonster?

It's not as if when you actually get in you see loads of players...

I think people expect that we are queuing because it's full of players... when you actually get in you are lucky to see 50+ in the starter zone and more than 100 in other planets.

You have to separate the physical server name from the players... remember this game is heavily instanced/shard design so on the server you are queueing for there are probably 100 instances of the starter planet...

Yes, but they all show up in the top left. Regardless of what sub instance they are in. Click it when its less than 100 and if there are subinstances yo will see every person and the sub instance they are in. Same for when its over 100 :/

seems that server pop caps are just set extremely low currently.

This is ridiculous. Queuing since more than half an hour on Jen'Jidai now, the only (!!) RP-PVP Realm. That Realm was alredy "Very Heavy" before today, so...how did noone see this coming?

This whole launch day queue was totally obvious, can't believe EA/BioWare decided to just run into it blindly.

Just saying: This won't get you longterm subscribers, seriously.

I really dont mind a small queue,because i have seen LARGER queues ( see WOW back at vanila launch ,and Warhammer online )

But making the server accessinble to peaople creating a server today its amature.

ALSO i would like to mention that large amount of players are "exploiting" via sticking a coin,or whatever between S,and D keys,or presssing Numlock and run to a wall.they are absusing the afk system,so we have even more queue.

so fu*** tired of the queue, do fu*** tired of this bad service from part of bioware/ea/lucas arts. we bought a product with a service attached, the product is beutiful and all that, but the service is awfull, not just the queue but also if u have a DC and take to long to come back up u eat queue again ?!

im so fu*** tire of this crapy service.

Bioware FIX THIS NOW.

__

Ruinix. Tomb Of Freedon Nad. Academia Rebelde

Something is seriously BROKEN here.

I waited 40mins to get on to Hidden Beks and there is literally only 300 people on the entire server.

Why am I being forced to queue when the server is deserted? If this is an attempt to stop people starting on full servers then it should only apply to players without characters already on the server, not players who have been here since Wave 1.

Woke up, never had queues in the morning, now siting in one and it said 15 mins, 200 people. I return after 20 minutes, now it's 150, and server still says 20 mins. I say it's about 60 now :( Edited by Gorcha

OK, Ahto City has, up until now, been pretty manageable with regards to queues, but I logged on this morning and was put into a queue of 195 people.

At 08:00 AM? What the hell did you guys do to the servers last night!?

Not too bothered, but I'm pressed for playing time at the moment and a queue of 200 is just mental. It's also moving much more slowly than usual, just 25 spaces in a quarter of an hour as opposed to the 150 spaces I went through last night in the space of 10m.

Yeah! Now i at work and when i come back to home (5pm GMT) and start my game i think i will be 1k+ in queue? OMG!