Regarding server queues

StephenReid

I understand that there will be queues when a lot of people are online and that they don't want to add more servers too quickly and have underpopulated servers. I also understand that queues can be used to help naturally balance out the population. New users will avoid the FULL servers and gravitate toward the lesser populated ones. I certainly would.

My biggest objection is that I did not choose my server. I signed up early, joined a guild, and was assigned a server. This server (Dark Reaver) has the second longest queue at most times. The reason I participated in the guild program was because I thought Bioware would use the opportunity to balance out the new population. Move guilds around and make sure that they were pretty well distributed. Instead I'm now stuck on a server with a queue at most times.

It would be nice if the guilds that were assigned to a server were given the equivalent to a "Fast Pass" type system. If someone logs into the server Bioware assigned them, they get put in a different queue. This way new users are still discouraged from joining an overpopulated server, but the users that do not have as much of a choice actually get to play the game.

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Harbringer Server

Been in Que every day since the first day of it being up.

Ques have gotten better.

Problem Toons already leveled the 2 days I could level them. And the server was listed as a west coast server then became an oceanic server. Biowares mistake not the customers. Why would we have to re-roll?

Solution- Will gladly transfer to an unpopulated server.

All I wanna do is play the game, and I cannot do it due to server constraints. I paid for Deluxe, and not even able to enjoy it. The staged launch did NOT work. It just made a huge traffic jam, and people are going AFK only to be logged out tot the character selection screen. They will time out after 30min-1hour....while folks who are eager to play wait in a queue or forced to play on a PVE server....

The Fix: Convert those empty PvE servers.....

Why not just put a lock on all the full servers and make all the new people join the more low pop servers...

the fatman server has a 2 hour wait right now..

Because then people who would want to roll on those servers because they have guildies or friends there would be locked out for days or weeks.

The month is free. You don't own anything but the hardware that came in the box.

Wrong the box states that the purchase includes your first months play. It does not state play free for a month as a gift.

You signed away your rights. BW is not taking away anything. You agreed to give it to them in exchange for the ability to play the game, except when you can't.

Wrong again I'm afraid, certainly under UK law you cannot sign away your statutory rights, which includes consumer law.

Go figure, read what you're signing. Buyer beware. This is your fault, not anyone else's.

Thrice wrong my friend, caveat emptor does not apply as consumer law covers the purchase of goods & services....

Now try again with factual info not nerd rage please.

Edited by Semmmy

It doesn't f..... make sence that we have to wait in queue for 40 min not even 5 min is to munch. We have join the server as Guild and we are not able to play with each others because of the queue.

What bother me more than ever is that I've spend so many $ so far on that game as pre-order, the game by itself, security key, already bought 2 months time game and I'm not able to play the game when I come back from work.

Bioware have totally fail on this manner.

Bioware have to make a major move to correct the situation on the server that have been asign to guilds that was ready on the pre-order and asign by Bioware.

See ya

I saw a toon just occasionally running into a wall. I asked the player what the deal was, I was told that they were using a key macro to stay logged in while they were afk, to avoid the queue. Ironically, the queue is likely there because of this exact behavior. Even more ironically, I got disconnected trying to report the player, and got stuck in the queue, of which I'm still waiting. That's what I get for being a tattle-tale I suppose, but still, it has to stop somewhere.

Just f'ing log out when you are done! Being selfish is making the problem worse for everyone, including you! Next time, it might be me using a macro, and you having to wait, vs we both log out, and can then log back in that much quicker. :mad:

I saw a toon just occasionally running into a wall. I asked the player what the deal was, I was told that they were using a key macro to stay logged in while they were afk, to avoid the queue. Ironically, the queue is likely there because of this exact behavior. Even more ironically, I got disconnected trying to report the player, and got stuck in the queue, of which I'm still waiting. That's what I get for being a tattle-tale I suppose, but still, it has to stop somewhere.

Just f'ing log out when you are done! Being selfish is making the problem worse for everyone, including you! Next time, it might be me using a macro, and you having to wait, vs we both log out, and can then log back in that much quicker. :mad:

Haha funny story. I agree though.

staggered launch was a failure

You obviosuly know nothing if u think it was anything less than a success. I wish you were there for the months WoW, Aion or Rift had queues over 2-4hrs with minor annoyances all along the way. Rift specifically I have queue pics with est over 6900 hrs at one point.

Ugh, So still at work for another hour... and from a friend "The Fatman" server already has a queue of 700+ people.

Typical Weekday:

Work => Get home => wait 2 Hour Queue => Get in finally => Play 10min => Log off to Sleep => back to Work

This is kind of unacceptable and frustrating. :mad:

You obviosuly know nothing if u think it was anything less than a success. I wish you were there for the months WoW, Aion or Rift had queues over 2-4hrs with minor annoyances all along the way. Rift specifically I have queue pics with est over 6900 hrs at one point.

Oh god. HEY I GOT IT. Server crash... Sigh. Queue. Two hours later. Lag lag lag DC.

Ha.

It's people like you that find this acceptable. The issues started when Bioware listed servers as West Coast Servers and then they became Oceanic. Really you think that thats not a failure on there part ? You are prolly the same people telling people to just re-roll also. Nobody wants to hear that. What they want to hear is "We are offering free-transfers to placed guild and players in Long Que servers".

Still no fix??? I just got home from work and all I want to do is play, so I login and I get an 890 queue. It's says 60 min. wait but we all know that is BS. More like 180min. At least be honest and say how long we have to wait. Playing on another server just wont do. I was invited for pre-release play I already have some toons lvld up, not to mention our guild got placed in a server that is over populated. Why do you allow more people into a server if you know it's going to cause such traffic? Make a server and put a limit on the amount of people that can join that server. Problem solved. You guys have everything in your hands to fix this issue (which should have never happend after so much BETA testing) and yet you do nothing to please your customers? EPIC FAIL!!!

screw all this ill run it a month, if players get froze and crash to desk top then queue up for 30 min anymore, after 30 days its over for this game. To bad.

its going to have queue you know you cant stop it the game is big and alot of gamers want this badly cuz the old Star War online is gone and this is the new one that they are coming too

lock the servers from new players that have ques every day is an obvious fix, my guild was placed on this server, and it is an absolute nightmare seeing a full list of servers with standard pop/10 min ques and were one of the only 3 or 4 with 1-3 hour ques. Please do somethin about it, games awesome dont give me a reason to hate it lol im beggin u. Edited by CJibsy