Regarding server queues

StephenReid

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just had an experience that i had to put down to get rid of some frustration.

I have my primary toon on the Bloodworthy EU server.

Today at about 1800 i dropped of the server due to some strange connection failure. Went to get in line to get back on at once hoping that it "saved my place"

Well it didn't. Number 1462 in line... Yay! Estimated wait time 1h 40m

at 2000 i was at about 900 in line... The same connection error occurs ( WHAT ??? )

I get back on at once and fortunately it saved my place in the line.

at 2230 i am 3 in line ( yes not a typo third ) and it makes the same freaking connection error.

Again i get back on at once hoping it saved my spot again. It didn't... 980 or something like that in line ! Estimated wait time 1h.

I've been waiting to get on for a total of 4½h now with a realistic estimated wait time of some at least 2h more... Not going to happen i have to sleep some time.

My plea to you guys is this:

Close the full servers for new clients so that the ppl already on the servers can actually enjoy the game. When the initial interest of the game has settled open them again.

New clients can go on some of all the other lightly populated servers and possible get their toons moved when it has all settled.

Or if at all possible raise the population cap of the full servers. Or both :)

And also the Estimated wait time thingie... Get it in check or replace it with a line number instead so ppl can get a realistic idea of how long they have to wait.

I generally have an idea of how long it will take now. So i put my client in line at least 2½-3 hours before i have to play ( waste of power... but i whant to play )

And before i get flamed. I don't want to play on another server because my freinds are on that server and my toons whom i have spent a good 48h or so creating are there.

In another note... Awsome game ;)

Best regards Magnus

NOTE: none of the connection failures were on my network but must be something on BW side unfortunatly :S

I think this is really unacceptable. Paying €80,- without eveing having the chance to play.

There are also people who have a 8-17 job and want to play in the evening for an hour or so. Guess that isn't possbile. If this doesn't get fixed Ill remove the game from my pc and wait for something better. What a huge dissapointment!

Edited by lowizi

Dont really see whats funny mate, like it or not Blizzard produced the most popular game of all time. would of thought BW would make a tad bit more effort to stand up to them, oh no i know, lets " pour our heart and souls " into this game, then forget to buy enough server space. * high five *
I find the fact that you think they're a respectable company is hilarious.

As for comparing the two companies launches, I'm guessing you didn't play WoW at launch.

Pre-guild launch and still server's are way to full? i give it a moment cause i'm sure they come up with something.

Enlarge the capacity of the server or just a free serverchange with guild

Some people have a job like me and i dont like to wait 2hrs to get in to play this game even though i'm so addicted cause i love the game but 2 hrs is *BEEP*

I think this is really unacceptable. Paying €80,- without eveing having the chance to play.

There are also people who have a 8-17 job and want to play in the evening for an hour or so. Guess that isn''t possbile. If this doesn't get fixed Ill remove the game from my pc and wait for something better. What a huge dissapointment!

quoted for great truth.

Dont really see whats funny mate, like it or not Blizzard produced the most popular game of all time. would of thought BW would make a tad bit more effort to stand up to them, oh no i know, lets " pour our heart and souls " into this game, then forget to buy enough server space. * high five *

Did you even play at launch?

The first 3 days ?

Becuse it seems not..............

But you know blizzard told us this

I cant play because of waiting times

Blizz: Suck it up and play the game play on another server

We cant kill that boss

Blizz: You suck................

But after kotick got his hands :( i did love Wow but i do not love bad gameplay

Edited by Varghjerta

For future reference, the pre-order servers seem to have the most problem.

Next time, put them off limits to new players for 12 hours to level things out.

Perhaps not the best amount of time, but you have really penalized pre-orders with extra time in ques.

This game hasn't a hope of standing up to WoW with the piss-poor development put into it. Basic features such as items stacking aautomatically when put into banks haven't even been considered. It feels rushed. Not to mention MASSIVE queue times and piss-poor handling of them.

So uh, I'll take it you've never played WoW after launch, an expansion pack, or even major updates which ended up in 20 hour downtimes. Because yeah, Blizzard is rock solid!

That isn't the problem. I've had queue problems since last week when early access started. I'm currently sitting in a +30 min queue. I'm sorry that you feel this is acceptable, but it is not.

I was forced to this server by EA when my guild was created on this particular server.

Since then, they've allowed every Tom, Dick, and Harry to create characters on my server to the point that my server is now FULL.

My guild members are already all 20+, so rerolling is NOT an option.

I've played through too many MMO's over the past 15+ years, and you'd think we'd have learned how to avoid this by now. Utterly ridiculous.

What the hell is this? Yes, I get that servers are full and there's a whole crapload of people who want to play, but how is it that people who already have characters on these full servers now have to wait to play? I get it, opening day and all, but still! Did Bioware NOT expect such a huge turnout?

I consider myself fairly even-tempered, but as soon as I saw a queue to get into a server I've been on for a week, I was pissed.