Regarding server queues

StephenReid

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOLZ

Try log in Tomb of Freedom Nadd EU

I know the ques exist and that the other day they were up to about an hour. But Im looking at the server selection page right now and the highest Que says 20 min estimated wait time.... So I clicked it to check how accurate it was and it was actually only 17 minutes before I got on. Are Ques different for everyone depending on location, ISP etc? Because Im simply not seeing these ques people are reporting up in the 2-5 hour ranges. Like I said right now on my screen the max is 20 minutes.

Do you really think that if everybody got to move chars around that it would be any better than with the constant re rolling on different servers? It'd be worse, people would be moving all over and then there's no guarantee that it would be any better.

Look at it this way. You have a full server, you only need to drop so many people from it to make it normal again. What if everybody leaves? It becomes a light server, the new one becomes heavy, and everyone says they need 2 free server switches.

Fully at least 1/3 of all servers are Light load right now in NA. This is just people being stupid.

Wait it out. Sticking with your server will be beneficial for the most part. If everyone keeps moving then the problem follows the mob.

its not people being stupid.

clearly you didn't have early access. the first couple days there were only a few servers, and because access was released in waves, everything was light. people joined servers, and then the rest of early access was opened and guilds all got put on 2-3 servers for each realm, overcrowding the servers. they've created new servers since, but the problem is people are already well into the game. at this point in order to switch servers they have to start from the beginning.

so what then makes no sense about allowing character transfers to spread the load acoss more servers? the clearly don't have enough in place as is. its simply causing inconvenience and massive frustration for those who pre-ordered and pre-setup for the game.

the other thing, is that if you've joined a guild with certain friends, the guild is set to specific servers. if you want to play with your guild, you can't switch. plain and simple.

I think I'm gonna give up playing for now, now been DC about 4 or 5 times within a very short time and each time I end up in a new queue, but still I guess I'm lucky compared to those who keep getting DC'd before even reaching the end of the queue...

Guess I'll have to start playing at night like I did in WOW, to be able to get some play without these unnecessary DCs >.<

Good luck everyone, hope you'll all be able to break through the queues soon :0)

Why do i see people saying stop whining this will all go away after a few days, hate to break your little cherry there but i played wow, aoc, eve, rift, warhammer all from launch and i never seen it as bad as this is, its really simple, all they have to do is introduce free character xfers for next 2 days or so, allow every character on an account to xfer as much as he damn likes until the 2 day period is over.

do not tell me this is a huge process because there is plenty of mmo's and such that offer this service on a daily basis for a small fee.

P.S. the guys who say its fine relax it will sort itself out in a few days are clearly the type who have no job and all day to wait, for people who actually have priorities and it being christmas time, we do not want this horse **** waiting queue's, thanks.

I think a nice idea would be for BioWare to offer to guildless players, or members of small guilds (4-20 members?), a free server transfer for them (all their characters of course) to a new server. Just for the most over-populated servers (2+ hour waits).

Oh, and for gods' sake, *don't re-queue people who d/c*!

BioWare's current attitude, something like "if you wait until February(?) you'll see that the queues will mostly dissipate" is a *horrible* strategy that will only cause rage-quits. Sure perhaps 30% of players won't subscribe, but if an additional 30% will rage-quit because of the lack of customer service, BioWare loses.

Edited by ArkhamNative

What's annoying is WHY THEY KEEP 2 HOURS estimated queue on Tomb of Freedon Nadd server.

Queue is 5 ( FIVE FIVE FIVE ) HOURS PLUS.

Display the correct queue timer for this server, maybe new subscribers will not join on this server - PLEASE.

Carrot and stick.

If the carrot is far off you might choose something else and get immediately angry. You look for a stick.

If the carrot is closer yet keeps moving away you might just keep going, and if you keep going and get the carrot it might tide you over for a bit.

just imagine what it will be in a few hours!

Edited by OdonKnight

Its the type of thing that would drive you away from a game.

+1.

Your 100% correct. I'm also in the same boat now. I don't want to keep having to do the 1-10 content over and over because of server queues.

I've given up trying to login tonight. If it continues, more people will do this, and then eventually just forget about SWTOR, and it takes a massive sub loss.

BioWare need to act quickly.

Since I agree with him I do give two poo's what he thinks.

Welcome to an MMO launch, queues will calm down in a few days, and in the long run they're for your servers benefit.

Quit whining.

Hahaha, I think you're fighting a losing battle in this thread.

I've experienced other MMO launches and *FOR ME* this one has been great up until now: no problems with product registration, no problems downloading client, my server (when I've been on it) has been stable, a good immersive game to play.

But. If you think that server queues in excess of 2 hours and little communication on the subject from Bioware is acceptable, you're barking.

The issue is that all of these new people who are just getting into the game are rolling on Full servers thinking "Hey! I want a populated server!" Instead of spreading out to the 20 or so standard or light servers that need to be filled up. If they filled those up this wouldn't have been as big a deal.

Bioware is it possible for you guys to lock the full servers so people can't roll on them anymore? As a temporary thing.

+1.

Your 100% correct. I'm also in the same boat now. I don't want to keep having to do the 1-10 content over and over because of server queues.

I've given up trying to login tonight. If it continues, more people will do this, and then eventually just forget about SWTOR, and it takes a massive sub loss.

BioWare need to act quickly.

Omg, please do. The sooner you drop and stop playing the sooner I'll get in game to get into the queues.

Please to all of you making empty threats, just leave. That'll leave us that actually have and want to continue playing able to get on and play faster instead of wasting my time waiting for you to get out and get gone.

Omg, please do. The sooner you drop and stop playing the sooner I'll get in game to get into the queues.

Please to all of you making empty threats, just leave. That'll leave us that actually have and want to continue playing able to get on and play faster instead of wasting my time waiting for you to get out and get gone.

Shut up, you obviously a brown nose.

I get off work at 5 and head to bed at 12. So I need to sit and stare at the que all night and possibly not even play?? Getting a little tired of it. The entire guild was assigned to this server so am I supposed to leave the guys/gals I have played with for years and try to find new people I might not like? This is bad.... Edited by Mutestabil
Cell phone post mistake ;)

I don't think you get the point of this thread. We ALL want to play, but not everybody has time to wait a few hours in the queue. Did you not read 360/380 pages of this thread where people were complaining about how they want to play bud dont have the time to wait in the queue?

I find it odd that being an MMO makes the launch que issue okay with some people. The "it happens to every mmo launch" argument actually works in favor of the complainers. If every mmo before you has this issue ... why not fix it?

Imagine a world where a major MMO release has 5 minute ques on launch day ...

I don't understand the idea of XXXXX release screwed this up, so its okay for all eternity.