Regarding server queues

StephenReid

Up until now I had nothing to complain about. But just now one of the servers that has a FULL load is the one where my chars are. The queue was <5 mins Bioware time, 25 mins real time. Just when the queue reached 4 people left, I was kicked out of the server. Waiting time was < 10 mins in the mean time and i'm back in the queue of 84 people.

This sucks.

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9:30am and 260th position in a queue? This is getting ridiculous. If they could expand the population size of each server (or at least the full ones) by 500 people and bring on some new servers, I think the wait time to get in game wouldn't be so bad...

500 isn't too big of a push is it, but I think it would make a difference? They should also have some sort lock on really popular servers that prevents new players from creating characters on those servers, forcing them to pick less populated servers. I mean seriously, I see so many West Coast PVE servers that no one is using... ("light" population)

Edited by JAVAjedi

Alright, time to rage again.

This is ridiculous. Completely. I haven't opened my copy yet and I'm already considering just giving it away. Great game - mediocre server management.

Does anyone else realize that 99% of people are complaining here and we've gotten no feedback? I'm guessing BioWare's employees are sitting there and thinking "MUHAHA! We got you, suckers!" <3

Anyway, I love the trolly nature of BioWare's customer support ;) 3 cheers for Dark Side!

I've waited years for this game. I pre-ordered as soon as it was available. On the survey following the big load test weekend I made it very clear that the only unacceptable problem was going to be queue times. I allowed bioware to place my guild where they wanted on the 13th to hopefully smooth server load.

Now here I am on launch day on 1 of 3 servers I can readily see with a queue time, and I'm expected to wait < 15 minutes? There's literally 15 other light load servers listed immediately below me! So I go to this thread to see if there's any explanation or info, and its been started by one of the big dog managers from failhammer's launch.

Consistency would be awesome if it wasn't incompetent.

The following is a brief statement from Jeff Hickman, Executive Producer, Live Services:

"We know there have been questions about the queues on the servers, so we wanted to take a moment to give you some insight.

In order to ensure that the service would be smooth and stable, we staged how we brought people into the Early Game Access program, adding people in waves. As you know, there are a lot of folks who want to play the game right now and we want to make sure they have lots of people to play with. Balancing this with figuring out when to bring new servers online to help alleviate the size of the queues is part art and part science. On one hand, you do not want people to wait too long – on the other hand, you want to make sure that people have a dynamic, engaging community to play with for long after launch. Either way, we have one clear objective – to make sure folks have fun.

While we can’t promise that there won’t ever be queues, we can promise you that we are taking this matter seriously and constantly reviewing them to make sure that they are manageable and reasonable."

You current server population caps are a complete failure, they have to go.

It's 9:30 AM EST, Dec 20th, and the EST server I'm on is full?

If your customrs have to wait 10, 20, 30 minutes or even an hour to get into the server they play on then that is simply unsat.

Waiting an hour already to join Niman EU server.

I wouldnt mind waiting..but I do mind waiting when I see tens of other servers light populated.

I will give one TIP to devs:

When You see the population on one server reached to HIGH or VERY HIGH, just cut access to this server and dont allow other players to join it. Cause if You dont do this, at some point more and more will join and server will become FULL resulting in queues.

Just my 0,5 credits.

Wrong... What will happen when a friend of yours buy the game and wants to play with ya finds out that the server you are playing has the access blocked? Should he go to other server and play alone? will you leave your already high lvl toon to play with him?

Imagine this if the scenario involves your father, borther, sister, boyfriend or gilfriend, wife, etc... That is not a solution!

This is insane..

Just got home from school, and its over 600 players in queue already.

Do someting about this or offer us a free char transfer!

As someone said above, we pay to play, not to wait!

Edited by Blixmo

This is bloody ridicilous.

3.30pm and Frostclaw has a queue of 260 people.

If I have to, I will make a post of it's own with a request that we need be offered server transfers ASAP. I refuse to restart on a different server from scratch!

I will not replay all the way to 22 and the 150 skill in my crew professions. It's not THAT fun!

Wow... 510 pages of comments for this topic. I think it's fair to say this should be #1 on Bioware's list of things to fix. I'm not trying to say this is an easy fix. But for the sake of the game I hope you find some way to make this better.

Thats the problem.. This is not an easy fix for them and personaly I think they really messed up here. I highly doubt they even have a toon transfer tool built at this early stage so its either re-roll or deal.

Experiencing my first rela queue (had a few of 5 mins or less) today when I went to login on my (somewhat late) lunch break as I am working at home today. But I can see they have probably opened some more EU servers up including another English RP one so hoping that newer people joining the game will head for those rather than the ones which are already queuing.

TBH I expected queues today - just not this long (300+) at 2pm in the afternoon..... suppose given that it is the week before Christmas maybe I should have done so.

Don't see the reason for long wait times. The math is simple, 1,000,000 sign up for early access. Say you allow 10,000 people on per server, you need 100 servers just for early access. Now you figure over the next 1-3 months your going to have another 500, 000 - 1,000,000 people sign up you need another 50 - 100 servers. I don't know the exact numbers they use but they seemed to have miss calculated. I suppose in time people will not play because of multiple hour wait times so the wait times will go down.

You SHOULD have brought online ALL of your servers at once so that when characters were created, they were spread out evenly across all of them... Seems like common sense to me. Oh, BTW, I'm a technical analyst and preventing things just like this is my JOB!

This! Or locked the FULL servers when you brought the new ones up. I can totally see why people would not pick a low population server if given a choice! Forcing them is the only way to ensure proper distribution.

Seriously BioWare, I don't know why you don't you get it - people DO NOT WANT to play on different servers than their friends or start new character elsewhere just because there are queues.

You have to see that some servers (Legions of Lettow, for example) have extremly high population (because both Czech/Slovak and UK communities went there). Why don't you increase capacity instead of adding new servers that remain empty, because players want to play with their community, that is on other server?

"The Other MMORPG" I won't name here has "medium server" and it has capacity of 8000 people. Don't tell me that there are over 20k people on LoL server, because the population there is not that high (yes I know it is instanced, but even if I multiply average population between one planet instances, I still dont get anywehere near tens of thousands).

Wrong... What will happen when a friend of yours buy the game and wants to play with ya finds out that the server you are playing has the access blocked? Should he go to other server and play alone? will you leave your already high lvl toon to play with him?

Imagine this if the scenario involves your father, borther, sister, boyfriend or gilfriend, wife, etc... That is not a solution!

So let me get this straight.. make thousands of people wait so you can play with a friend? How about if you are on a high pop server and you want to play with a friend you re-roll on a low pop server.