Regarding server queues

StephenReid

To make it worse... Probably 95% of us up here are just preaching to the choir.... The ones that can remedy arent paying this thread any mind... They just start a new one when its full and tell us to "enjoy"...

There is "remedy" for a game launch like this. You have to suck it up and let things settle down. Name one MMO that was as popular as this game at launch and did not have server issues or queues.....

Everyone needs to read the VPs post and understand what he is saying.

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why are we discussing on 500 pages about problems that are usually fixed after a few weeks/months.

"But I pay for immediate service" -- orly?!

Up until today nobody paid for the service at all, it was a mere gift to get a head-start, others don't/didn't even do this.

Was not totally a present though, as it made alot of sense for them too.

Guessing Capacities even after having done stress tests and betas is damn hard, and usually an US publisher/developer underestimates the european market totally.

Now this is not supposed to be a: Totally not their fault!

Rather a: Damn people, be smart, plan ahead and wait for the game to be at least out one month to give them some time to breathe.

And please for once... JUST ONCE IN YOUR WHOLE ONLINE LIFE... don't be a flimsy crybaby right away.

I don't want this game to be buried in QQ before it even started.

There is alot of mentally challenged online-journalists out there, that will only see the forums and come to the conclusion we all hate SWTOR. ;)

There is "remedy" for a game launch like this. You have to suck it up and let things settle down. Name one MMO that was as popular as this game at launch and did not have server issues or queues.....

Everyone needs to read the VPs post and understand what he is saying.

That does not excuse this one from having queues, sorry, but it just doesn't. Two wrongs never made a right.

I just don´t get what all the fuzz is about, rule nr1 about new* mmo's: queues ALWAYS happens. ALWAYS no exception. If you EVER played a new* mmo at its release day you should expect queues, some of my friends that i used to play wow/aion/rift with, we all did the queues at the launch and some of those aint going to play swtor atm just because they cant stand this queueing bsns. It usually gets fixed pretty fast, with free transfers and other things. Dont you worry

*Read popular MMO(hyped)

Obviously you know nothing of customer service. It is IMPOSSIBLE to make everyone happy. The needs of the many out way the needs of the few. Get over it and wait in line like everyone else.

No.. You should only wait when you dont have a product yet.. Once you have bought it, you expect it to work as advertised... There is a difference...

Obviously you know nothing of customer service. It is IMPOSSIBLE to make everyone happy. The needs of the many out way the needs of the few. Get over it and wait in line like everyone else.

Obviously you don't know anything about anything. Basic "let me play the game I paid for and manage your server in a way as to eliminated queues". Not rocket science.

All I see going through this thread is people complaining about the queue issues. I don't know how many of you played any other MMOs (WoW), but when WoW started, and even after BC and LK, the queues where horrible. Only recently have they gotten better. This takes time to fix. You cant just start up 100 new servers and hope that fixes the problem. Each server has annual costs. If you are spending more money then you are making, you have a problem. What people need to grasp is patience. This is a VERY popular game and it will take time to adapt to the expanding player base. Maybe if some of the idiots in this thread stopped playing and went back to WoW, the queues would free up for players who understand the issues and are not gripping about them like raging monkeys.

You are kidding right? I dont know what version of WOW you have played but i tested it in its early stage and i did not have a server que.

And i dont know what you have played besides wow or this game, but any other mmo i have played usualy handels it that way that they dont allow the creation of new Toons on full servers.

If a Server is full, it is full, but you do not have to wait till you can even log on and play.

And one thing BW seems to have underestimated is, that the high pop Servers will be too full to run smooth, simply because at some point people who want to play on that server will be due in the Queue and so it maybe cuts the numbers down a bit but nothing more.

I can see the point that they try to balance their Servers from the start, but its a bad strategy to do it on the back of paying customers.

Its 8:30 in the morning and there is a 30 min que. Im not complaining but thats bull crap. They really need to increase the size of there servers.

Death is life's way of saying "YOUR FIRED"

Welcome to the reality our US friends:) EU is already screwed, now is your turn to face the truth.

So why don't they lock the full servers, I guarantee more people would be happy with that then would be sad.

Lock full servers? What sense does that make? That would be a very big mistake. I am sure there a lot of players going to servers to see if that server suites them (latency, player base, etc) and when they find out it does not work, they move to the next one. You then have a "locked" server with possibly thousands of open slots.

A queue system is the best way to go. If a player logs out, then the next person in line gets in. One thing I would like to see an improvement on is the queue system itself. In WoW, for example, if I get DCed or log out my spot is held on that server for a certain amount of time (Don't know how long). It was not always like this, but it helps with players that might have random DC's.

I just don´t get what all the fuzz is about, rule nr1 about new* mmo's: queues ALWAYS happens. ALWAYS no exception. If you EVER played a new* mmo at its release day you should expect queues, some of my friends that i used to play wow/aion/rift with, we all did the queues at the launch and some of those aint going to play swtor atm just because they cant stand this queueing bsns. It usually gets fixed pretty fast, with free transfers and other things. Dont you worry

*Read popular MMO(hyped)

Here again. Most MMO s i have playe keep this very simple. If a Server is full its locked for the creation of new Characters. Point and end of story.

It might be old fashoined but its the only way i know of that prevents that server balance is carried out on the backs of paying customers during their subscription time.

You are kidding right? I dont know what version of WOW you have played but i tested it in its early stage and i did not have a server que.

And i dont know what you have played besides wow or this game, but any other mmo i have played usualy handels it that way that they dont allow the creation of new Toons on full servers.

If a Server is full, it is full, but you do not have to wait till you can even log on and play.

And one thing BW seems to have underestimated is, that the high pop Servers will be too full to run smooth, simply because at some point people who want to play on that server will be due in the Queue and so it maybe cuts the numbers down a bit but nothing more.

I can see the point that they try to balance their Servers from the start, but its a bad strategy to do it on the back of paying customers.

wow.. you tested it in early stages, and it didn't have queues.. so, when you tested it, there were MILLIONS less people playing, and it didn't have queues.. amazing how after it launched, and after every expansion, they ALWAYS had queues.. weird how that math works out huh?

Lock full servers? What sense does that make? That would be a very big mistake. I am sure there a lot of players going to servers to see if that server suites them (latency, player base, etc) and when they find out it does not work, they move to the next one. You then have a "locked" server with possibly thousands of open slots.

A queue system is the best way to go. If a player logs out, then the next person in line gets in. One thing I would like to see an improvement on is the queue system itself. In WoW, for example, if I get DCed or log out my spot is held on that server for a certain amount of time (Don't know how long). It was not always like this, but it helps with players that might have random DC's.

You are the one who said the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few. How would a locked server (being shown as FULL) have thousands of open slots?

One of the oldest principles is first come first serve. So what do you intend to do if Servers are not locked at a maximum capacity rate?

It does mean you stell can create toons and in addition to that you keep all others waiting longer.

So yes, i would be for a lock for servers who are at their maximum capacity when it comes to create new characters.

SUE the QUE!!!

When you cant get on an airplane that you bought ticket for because the airlines sold your seat to 10 other people they have to provide you another seat on another plane going ASAP where you supposed to plus they PAY DAMAGES FOR YOUR LOST TIME or YOU SUE THE AIRLINES and they pay many times as much otherwise.

We bought our ticket on an airplane called Star Wars: The Old Republic - mmo

The airlines cant seem to be able to provide use with the service they got their money from us for.

PAY DAMAGES FOR OUR LOST TIME

or

You will pay what the court makes you pay.

Your choice.

P.S.

Great job representing Gorge Lucas and the Star Wars franchise.

Not.

I dont understand why you add more servers....

I dont understand why you let people in, in waves. You must have at some point understood that people in this world play MMOs with their friends. OFCOURSE we all want play with our friends on the servers they started on, and those who started earliest chose among "few" servers, and when they got filled, these terrible ques started up.

4.5 hours i had to wait sunday evening. We are all paying to play this game, its awesome, WHEN and IF you get in your server. Im not in any way dissing the game and its many wonderful aspects that you put in it. Its the horrible ques.

These ques make most of us just want to start playing WoW again, but non of us really want to go back to that boring old game. We want SWTOR, cuz its really good, crazy good.

Give us a free ticket to another server, or expand the servers, dont add more servers, some players will stop playing soon due to the fact that they might not like the game or other reasons. But once people start leaving the game, youre going to end up with half empty or even empty servers, dont wait for the "merging" of servers, start expanding the full ones now or give us free transfers so we can all enjoy the game. AGAIN we want to play cuz you really created and awesome game.

4.5 hours is to much. cant play in evening when i get home from work, cant even play in the mornings, or even sometimes just log in to have my companions craft or gather stuff. The ques are taking the happiness away hehe =)

hope you understand that this isnt just ME... takes a few people to make a que.

Vanilla WoW = Queues on the more popular servers. What did they do? Fixed it fast. Why are they forgiven for this? Because they were the first truly huge MMO.

All of their expansions have had minor queues. I was on Stormscale and didn't wait over 30 minutes on RELEASE.

Aion, Rift, LOTRO. All of these never struggled with queues.

In all forms of media and business, research is needed. If I could google and find out that TOR has had more preorders than any other game in recent history, I'm pretty sure Bioware would have known and could prepare for it. They didn't. It is a risk to open more server space than you may need because it'll cost you more money.

People are pissed off at them for not taking a risk. My verdict? Good. They deserve the angry mob because they didn't do their research.

Obviously you don't know anything about anything. Basic "let me play the game I paid for and manage your server in a way as to eliminated queues". Not rocket science.

Sooo.... lets see here. You want to log onto a game that you paid for and onto an already over loaded server. Alright, remember that fancy ToS you agreed to? Yea, that 50 page contract. Now, this is how it will work.

1. You are not let on in the time you want due to load balancing, so you complain here. Eventually, you get in and your game play experience is great and you forget about having to wait in line. Most of these queue issues will probably be fixed with the coming weeks.

2. BioWare lets everyone on regardless of server load. You then come to these forums and complain because the server keeps crashing or you cannot loot the quest item that took you 3 hours to get because of 1000's of players trying to kill the same mob.

SUE the QUE!!!

When you cant get on an airplane that you bought ticket for because the airlines sold your seat to 10 other people they have to provide you another seat on another plane going ASAP where you supposed to plus they PAY DAMAGES FOR YOUR LOST TIME or YOU SUE THE AIRLINES and they pay many times as much otherwise.

The airlines cant seem to be able to provide use with the service they got their money from us for.

or

Your choice.

P.S.

Not.

The american logic is strong in this one.:csw_yoda:

sorry but in a gaming world this does not fly, read your EULA.

SUE the QUE!!!

or

Your choice.

P.S.

Not.

Your logic makes no sense. That is a federal regulation. ToR is not regulated by the government, it is regulated by that ToS you agreed to. Read it and get it over.

This is ridiculous. Many people didn't get a choice as to what server they were going to play on as their guilds were pre-populated to specific servers. Now all of those servers have significant wait queues.

BioWare/EA: you need to get this sorted, immediately.