Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

3 Refunds Every 6th Months.

DecanAndersen

I found that very VERY few people actuality knows about this.

But BioWare has a 3 Refunds Every 6th Months policy.

So, if you have purchased a wrong Armor, Weapon and anything els for Credits and/or Commendations,

you can write them a ingame ticket under Items/Loot,

explaining what you purchased wrong, where and for what type of currency.

Notice!

GTN and Traded goods are NOT included in this policy, ONLY vendor purchased items can be refunded.

Edited by DecanAndersen

I found out about this system a few weeks back. I'd bought DPS Rakata items by accident instead of the Healer version. I immediately sent a ticket, then told my partner what I'd done. Needless to say I ended up ripping the relevant mods out of the Rakata items to shove in my Columi and chalked it up to experience. I was very much surprised when a CSR contacted me and was able to exchange the DPS gear for Healer, in spite of my having ripped the things apart.

Sometimes you just get lucky :)

I've seen told everyone* in my Alliance about the system and they've all been pleasantly surprised by its existence as well.

*anyone who listens

i wonder if theyl refund my GTN on my ship..its useless

In 1.3 all GTNs will be neutral giving the ship-GTN access to all items that are sold on Rep. and Imp-side.

Also here are some informations you should include:

Those restorations are account-wide, meaning that you can only restore one item/character if you used up two restores on another character.

If you have a ton of mail with stuff that didn't sell on GTN and instead of hitting take attachments you hit delete. They have the same policy for restoring those items. Not a bad deal at all when you think about it.

If you have a ton of mail with stuff that didn't sell on GTN and instead of hitting take attachments you hit delete. They have the same policy for restoring those items. Not a bad deal at all when you think about it.

That is likewise very good to know, haven't happen to me, yet :p

i absolutely had no idea about this. I mistakenly bought the wrong WH armor for my Jugg and cursed myself for being absolutely stupid. I cried in the bathroom contemplating what life is all about.. then I read this. thanks for this one!

i absolutely had no idea about this. I mistakenly bought the wrong WH armor for my Jugg and cursed myself for being absolutely stupid. I cried in the bathroom contemplating what life is all about.. then I read this. thanks for this one!

Your very welcome, and good luck on your CSR ticket :)

Is there anything official I can read about this for what's eligible? About two months ago right when I hit level 50 I purchased for 250K the highest artifice recipe for a crystal, only to find out I need some rare ingredient that I'll probably never get my hands on. I've never used the recipe and probably never will and I'd really like to get my credits back. Edited by RAVM

Is there anything official I can read about this for what's eligible? About two months ago right when I hit level 50 I purchased for 250K the highest artifice recipe for a crystal, only to find out I need some rare ingredient that I'll probably never get my hands on. I've never used the recipe and probably never will and I'd really like to get my credits back.

No official announcement, no. (Perhaps not to get flooded)

But if you ask a in game CSR agent, by support ticket, they will confirm it.

Also, you can be quite sure the others peoples posts here are not a lie.

But it sounds like you get it from the galactic network trading? That does not apply under the rules or rollback policy.

However, the rare ingredients can often be found on GTN, or google it to find out where to obtain it.

Hope it helps :)

i asked them to give me the WH force-mystics boots because i had to buy the WH stalkers boots due to the fact i had the BM stalkers boots before 1.2... they told me NO. i've never asked for an exchange or refund before... so i am not sure if this is real

Why not allow anything bought with comms to be refunded in full by the vendor, just like selling/buying works now? Everything would of course have to be included in the exhange such as mods and armoring.

No tickets filed, no GM's wasting their time on this.

Edited by MetalHed

Interesting question. I imagine that they don't want to have to try to keep the game balanced with people flipping armor around continuously, and more importantly, with people ripping mods--trying to track an infinite number of iterations would get pretty messy. But it would seem as though there'd be no harm in a straight sell-back. Unless they're trying to cap how many comms you can have and are preventing an end-around through armor trade-ins.

Dunno. Great to hear BW is understanding, at any rate!

I found that very VERY few people actuality knows about this.

But BioWare has a 3 Refunds Every 6th Months policy.

So, if you have purchased a wrong Armor, Weapon and anything els for Credits and/or Commendations,

you can write them a ingame ticket under Items/Loot,

explaining what you purchased wrong, where and for what type of currency.

Notice!

GTN and Traded goods are NOT included in this policy, ONLY vendor purchased items can be refunded.

This was my wife requesting help about choosing a mistaking item so...

Yeah.. i'm a bit angry about this.. so i'm going to let the screenshoots speak for themselves.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/98/screenshot2012062615572.jpg/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/823/screenshot2012062615573.jpg/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/685/screenshot2012062615574.jpg/

So, no, i don't think this really work.

Be careful what you send in a request for, I have had to use this feature twice. Both being bugs on biowares part, and it counted against my 3 limit.

Again I only have 1 more item refund left until they reset, and this was from bugs in the game. Not from me purchasing the incorrect item.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.