"The Grand Acquisitions Race" Next World Event coming (1.3)

RommelESP

There are also three new titles in the codex. I didn't see entries for anything else.

http://www.swtor-spy.com/codex/achievement-titles/15/

SIS Freelancer, for Republic characters (if you choose to end the scavenger hunt by helping the Republic government)

Imperial Loyalist, for Imperial characters (if you choose to end the scavenger hunt by helping the Imperial government)

Capable Sentient, for either faction (if you choose to end the scavenger hunt by helping the Chevin)

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am so curious about this event! I thought it had started already since I saw a minipet that I could have sworn was new for this event, so I came to the forums to check. Is there an "akk dog" type minipet out yet? 'Cause I saw one yesterday for the first time, good gosh it was the cutest thing ever. It had been positioned on top of a mailbox on Fleet, took me a moment to figure out what the heck it was. xD

.... so I came to the forums to check. Is there an "akk dog" type minipet out yet? 'Cause I saw one yesterday for the first time, good gosh it was the cutest thing ever.D

That pet is from PVP Vendor. Requires 1.000 rated commendations + 2.000 wz commendations

Edited by RommelESP

That pet is from PVP Vendor. Requires 1.000 rated commendations + 2.000 wz commendations

Thanks for the reply! :) Hmm, I don't PvP, here's hoping for a cute minipet in this event. ^^

Edited by Gwena

I can't imagine them launching an event over a holiday when many people may be otherwise busy and unable to play, but I could be wrong. It's clearly coming soon.

SWTOR Spy has a database dump of the current codex, and it includes the mystery #10 event entry (warning, spoilers at the below link).

http://www.swtor-spy.com/codex/events/48506/

It worked for WoW.. and being over a holiday means people are largely free from school/work.. so maybe it's an ideal time to host it. Who knows?

I am so curious about this event! I thought it had started already since I saw a minipet that I could have sworn was new for this event, so I came to the forums to check. Is there an "akk dog" type minipet out yet? 'Cause I saw one yesterday for the first time, good gosh it was the cutest thing ever. It had been positioned on top of a mailbox on Fleet, took me a moment to figure out what the heck it was. xD

There are a few new pvp pets. Go check out the pvp vendors to review the new items.

And nothing.

Also oh noes QUEUES to wait and play?!?!? I would rather wait 20mins and have a full server then get in immediately and play on a dead server.

AGREED. Especially after having been on 3 dead servers before landing on the Harbinger. I don't mind the 15-25 minute wait. I expect it. No big deal. I can actually DO things in the game now.

Some people are never satisfied.

Guys those boxes in the Supplies side of fleet have been there since launch.

They didn't just magically appear, you've just not noticed them.

You're right -- but they looked like vending machines or advertising boards before, now they are blank, without the neon lighting. I guess that's why they look different and we notice them.

Maybe Bioware is about to start doing in-game advertising using them instead :p

Edited by Ancaglon

I'll add my 2 cents to the discussion!

From what I've seen, this could just be a new weekly quest! I'm saying this because there are many differences from the rakghoul event! First, we have 2 pets, in 2 different variations (2 lobels and 2 akk dogs), so they could just be (at least partly) a new set of pets, in normal and rare version, to add to some ops loot table, or to the pvp/pve vendor. The new mount listed is an entry level one, so it doesn't seem worth the effort (I'd rather spend comms on a pet then on a speeder that will be somewhat obsolete in a few levels), at least not in a quick world event! The weapons are very interesting, but the fact that they only added a single tipe of weapon seems strange for an event that should appeal to everybody (unless they make it bound on legacy, that would do the trick)! Worth of notice is the total lack of real cosmetic things! Either they haven't mined all the data, or this is some strange thing...

Also, look at the quest page on darthhater! it's a non repeatable quest!

Here's the link to the codex entry, feel free to add it to the first post:

http://www.swtor-spy.com/codex/the-chevin-conglomerate-the-grand-acquisitions-race/66896/

Edited by Pseudolo

Just because they aren't repeatable doesn't mean they aren't a World Event. There is a new codex spot in the Events page and the one discovered for it matches these quests/this event.

Not to mention there was a quest in the Rakghoul event that couldn't be repeated. Regardless, they'd want to make differences in the event.

As for speeder level...it's not like there aren't people still leveling up. And these were just things found that people are suggesting they could be.

As for the new pets, there's 3 Akk Dogs and 3 Lobels. One of each is available from the PVP Items Vendor, but currently the other 4 are a mystery.

Edited by Jenemi

• 2 weeks later...