Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Transfers: The Origins Servers will stay open, what is it good for?

Did I get this right, the Origins Servers will NOT be closed down and will stay in the server list, also for new players who might eventually start a character there?

Which long term problems does that solve not closing down a huge number of those unnecessary servers? Do they keep servers open for people who like to be alone on fleet or what? :confused:

Do they expect a million new players for the free lvl 1-15, all going to the now dead servers ?

Edited by Lord_Ravenhurst

I am on Anturi Reach which literally has the lowest server pop. Will I be able to transfer off of it when transfers come?

yeah what he means is that when you leave that server it will stay on the server list

When DDO consolidated servers it just copied en masse everything to the new server. If you had a guild with the same name as a guild on the server it put a -1 after your guild name. So like it would be Wookie Heaven-1 instead of Wookie Heaven. Duplicate names also the same deal. I assume after some time of offering free or paid transfers they will be forced to do the same thing. They need to cut down on the number of servers.

I'm pretty sure it's because of players that quit / are taking a break and won't be there to transfer, just closing the servers down wouldn't be very nice of them. What they could do is doing it like Trion and only have the servers show up on your list if you still have characters there.

With the way they are planning on doing these transfers, I am under the impression that they are moving people off the low pop servers and plan on shutting down those "origin" servers.

Yeah, that's most likely pretty much what they are planning. Problem is how they can sugarcoat it to the investors so that it doesn't sound like they need to close anything down. Maybe something along the lines of 'were replacing our normal old servers with super servers.'

Edited by Helistin

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.