Gore 1.3 changes discussion

Asacado

Now maybe the particular thread has escaped me, but the one change by removing the cooldown on gore has me intrigued as to how well carnage will work in pve/pvp. Have any marauders tested out its usefulness?

If i've understood it correctly, the only thing that'll change is when you throw the gore. It'll mean you can MUCH more easily surprise-******* someone with a Gore buffed Ravage, but you'll need to be damn quick.

Is the duration really lower? If it is we won't be able to get off that quick scream at the end of ravage while gore is still up.

You actually get more uptime with ti being off the GCD, because of latency issues causing GCDs not always to be 1.5s but in fact longer.

You actually get more uptime with ti being off the GCD, because of latency issues causing GCDs not always to be 1.5s but in fact longer.

I figured it'd feel longer, thanks for the heads up.

With that, I'm a fan. At least until I get to play with it myself.

Missed the copy deadline by mere minutes.

Another question. How much do you think they're reducing the damage of Gore by, as per the patch notes?

I don't have my marauder high enough to get Gore yet, so I can't recall if Gore is a buff applied to you, or a debuff applied to your target. This actually is quite a big deal for a build I've been thinking of testing, and whether or not it could work.

Another question. How much do you think they're reducing the damage of Gore by, as per the patch notes?

I don't have my marauder high enough to get Gore yet, so I can't recall if Gore is a buff applied to you, or a debuff applied to your target. This actually is quite a big deal for a build I've been thinking of testing, and whether or not it could work.

It's a buff applied to you, similar to Colossal Smash in WoW, so it's damage isn't the main focus of the ability as much as the armor pen buff. At least I've never found myself trying to desperately spam Gore to deliver that killing blow anyways.

If i've understood it correctly, the only thing that'll change is when you throw the gore. It'll mean you can MUCH more easily surprise-******* someone with a Gore buffed Ravage, but you'll need to be damn quick.

I must test this Ravage-**** against the target dummy, brb.......Amazing 8k damage. Although the numbers fly so fast, I saw a 3800 non crit hit from it.

The idea of gore being off the cooldown and available "100%" of the time, and I use that term lightly as it is only 1 rage, lasts less than 6 seconds, but gives that amazing buff always made me wonder why it wasn't up for discussion as to its comparison now to anni. I thought one of the key *****fits was that it was only good when gore was up. Almost all of our abilities are weapon based and with Ataru form hitting like a spacepimp getting money, it might actually be a competitive pvp/pve spec now.

I must test this Ravage-**** against the target dummy, brb.......Amazing 8k damage. Although the numbers fly so fast, I saw a 3800 non crit hit from it.

The idea of gore being off the cooldown and available "100%" of the time, and I use that term lightly as it is only 1 rage, lasts less than 6 seconds, but gives that amazing buff always made me wonder why it wasn't up for discussion as to its comparison now to anni. I thought one of the key *****fits was that it was only good when gore was up. Almost all of our abilities are weapon based and with Ataru form hitting like a spacepimp getting money, it might actually be a competitive pvp/pve spec now.

Target dummies are bad metrics bro, cause of the ****ed defense behaviors. You'll see way lower numbers on real players non-buffed, which is why this change is great for us because it means you should almost never miss it again and you can use it WAY more often. But remember that the Massacre > Gore > Ravage > Scream combo is used best when used FIRST against heavy armor targets and Tanks. Light armor Healers take a pretty nice wallop from it but it's better to lead with a Berserk > Bloodthirst > Gore > Massacre x7 > (Scream if you have it) for them. Medium armor; doesn't make a difference which you lead with.

Carnage and rage will be the only PHP specs in rated. The reasoning behind this is...... when your playing against a team with three healers........ your dots will be cleansed out of existence. Anyone who is still playing annihilation better practice another spec before rated or you will be as usefull as a cream puff in rateds. Carnage is and always be the best pvp spec. Utility and damage.

Carnage and rage will be the only PHP specs in rated. The reasoning behind this is...... when your playing against a team with three healers........ your dots will be cleansed out of existence. Anyone who is still playing annihilation better practice another spec before rated or you will be as usefull as a cream puff in rateds. Carnage is and always be the best pvp spec. Utility and damage.

I highly doubt that. Too many bads who won't watch people's buffs and their debuffs. Plus it's not exactly obvious when the DoTs are applied because of how Deadly Saber works. I think you're highly underestimating how useful Annihilation will be but we'll see. I can see, just as it is now, all three specs being equally desireable dependant only upon group composition.

I highly doubt that. Too many bads who won't watch people's buffs and their debuffs. Plus it's not exactly obvious when the DoTs are applied because of how Deadly Saber works. I think you're highly underestimating how useful Annihilation will be but we'll see. I can see, just as it is now, all three specs being equally desireable dependant only upon group composition.

Also, with current time to kill being so low, it may not always be worth it to spend a GCD on a cleanse instead of just a heal of some sort, even for a "good" team.

Also, with current time to kill being so low, it may not always be worth it to spend a GCD on a cleanse instead of just a heal of some sort, even for a "good" team.

Bingo, thank you. I forgot about that bit.

With the relic change TTK is increasing by a lot.

Now maybe the particular thread has escaped me, but the one change by removing the cooldown on gore has me intrigued as to how well carnage will work in pve/pvp. Have any marauders tested out its usefulness?

I dont think the cooldown was removed, just the GLOBAL COOLDOWN.