Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

FOTM - how and why

Plumz

What about something like this - introcuding 4 skill trees, 2 for PvP, 2 for PvE, you want to change one area of class, you just change one of the trees. of course, that would require either capped respecc costs, or Dual Spec.

A great but simple idea - why havent they done this already?

Well this term fotm is a second gen term one that came out of the wow generation. And I use the term because people recognize exactly what I'm talking about when I use it, but I think it honestly is overused and really the only game that truly had fotm was Rift That game went through almost every archtype in the 7 months I played that

Wow I dont think the term existed really rogues were OP for a very very long time, warlocks were op for a very long time and still are ret palis were op for a very long time. They arent fotm they are just op

This game is in its 7th month or so sorcs and ops were op til nerf bat, however there were no significant buffs to either the PT or the maurader to make them OP or fotm. At least in my experience they were so few and far between there wasn't alot of data on them at all. They have been for the most part what they are from the beginning. The tree I would think most popular among marauders isnt a tree that got buffed when they got changed

PTs the same there was no significant changes that made them op they just are and when people caught on they rerolled to both of those classes

So they are not fotm maybe fotq (quarter)

The reality which people just do not understand is there cannot be true balance ever. As someone had said you can get to the point where the gap is small.

This game isnt there yet they have 2 archtypes to bring down a bit, not obliterate, but bring down a bit

When you start talking about big nerfs and get them that when you create other op classes.

If they kill mauraders and pts everyone will start complaining about snipers. You have to gradually adjust down/up

Unfortunately so far we have seen some wild swings in some classes, some rightfully so imo

Well this term fotm is a second gen term one that came out of the wow generation....

Stopped reading there because you sir are WRONG. FOTM was a HUGE topic in Pre-CU SWG. With the ability to completely customize your skill set FOTM was rampant. Don't get me started on the Combat Medic Rifleman FOTM vs. the Master Doc/Master TKA dance. :p

But no it is NOT a "second gen" term. You are welcome.

Stopped reading there because you sir are WRONG. FOTM was a HUGE topic in Pre-CU SWG. With the ability to completely customize your skill set FOTM was rampant. Don't get me started on the Combat Medic Rifleman FOTM vs. the Master Doc/Master TKA dance. :p

But no it is NOT a "second gen" term. You are welcome.

o hai thar.....

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.