Too bad......

Glimmerstrike

BW did not go the idea of allowing no restrictive transfers. That would have cause me to re sub , However I am not grinding 90 valor ranks on one toon and 60 valor ranks on another just to get back to where I have currently been stuck at for the past month.

Grats to those of you this did help.

Not a hater and hope TOR remains viable but this was last straw for me as I ordered GW2 after seeing the restrictive nature of the transfers To be honest the it is poorly conceived plan BW developed. I'd have thought after bleeding close to half-a-million subs the transfers would be open.

/shrug

Edited by Glimmerstrike

They can't allow everyone to flood into Fatman or some other high population server. They are trying to balance the populations so that there is a healthy population across most servers. This could most definitely be predicted. They have stated that there will be possibly paid for, open transfers at a later date. Since after these transfers you will have two viable places to PVP I personally don't think it would be a huge deal.

If you want to choose between destination and target servers you'll have to pay for it at a later time.

You didn't really expect to be able to transfer to full/heavy servers during the free transfers that happen because of severe under population issues?

I know the feeling, i have main toons on a dead server 2 of which are over valor 70 but im gonna guess if i ever want to play them again im gonna have to pay to move them to a server worth playing on that has people i know instead of being forced to move to a new server that is gonna be filled with people i dont know because BW wants to squeeze every penny they can out of us to make up for the subs they lost.

If you want to choose between destination and target servers you'll have to pay for it at a later time.

You didn't really expect to be able to transfer to full/heavy servers during the free transfers that happen because of severe under population issues?

If my business had decreased by 500k customers I do whatever I could. For the record (I have been checking a lot the past 3 weeks) there are only 3 servers that not are not light pop 99% of the time. I don't see how one can intelligently choose a destination server given the paucity of data available. I also read that a dev said some like "we understand that you want to play with friends and we agree that should be able to." What they should have added is " we agree as long your origin sever can transfer to a destination server that your friends are located on," I don't think BW maliciously lied but they did misrepresent the truth in this matter.

Like I sad though "grats to those it helped and.or made happy."

Mate, restricted transfers are a must.. how else do you expect BW to get just a few servers high populated?

If you give 5 low pop servers the only 1 option, you'll get 1 high pop, basic logic

If you give 5 low pop servers 1 destination that is merge where you call it that or not. I am saying they should allow total unrestricted access for example I don't think any xfers should be allowed to fatman right now.

My suggestion would be if you have a level 50 toon on server that IS NOT FULLl you should be allowed to xfer other toons to that server on a 1st come 1sr server basis. I think that is restrictive enough, it would fill up servers and still allow freedom for players to choose.

^ is basic logic to me

When Bioware says they wanna create "super-servers" some kind of "merge/restricted transfer" (whatever you wanna call it) has to take place. But don't worry, as mentioned above, paid transfers to which ever server you'd like will be available in the future, as for now, i'd be happy to see population rise on a few specific servers, and take it from there :)

They're doing the right thing with that, if they'd just allow free ones, you'd end up with a few servers having massive queues while the low-medium servers dwindle away further.

Instead the truly dying servers should all get transfers to the medium ones, after that they can close them.

The servers that are already doing good don't require even more people.

Key thing is that they do this stuff fast though.

Edited by Fdzzaigl

They're doing the right thing with that, if they'd just allow free ones, you'd end up with a few servers having massive queues while the low-medium servers dwindle away further.

Instead the truly dying servers should all get transfers to the medium ones, after that they can close them.

The servers that are already doing good don't require even more people.

Key thing is that they do this stuff fast though.

That depends on if you believe the dev's statement of "we think you should be able to play with your friends."

I don't how this feature lets you play with friends any more that a group of friends on re-rolling on the server of their choice. The transfer does next to nothing to allow you to play with your friends with current toons

That depends on if you believe the dev's statement of "we think you should be able to play with your friends."

I don't how this feature lets you play with friends any more that a group of friends on re-rolling on the server of their choice. The transfer does next to nothing to allow you to play with your friends with current toons

I feel for you but if you expected any other outcome when they announced server transfers then you were just kidding yourself. It doesnt make any sense to do it any other way, no matter how bad you feel it slights you.

Erm, if you wanted to play with friends so much, why did you leave your server in the first place?

To get quick wzs? Than you decided that its more important to get quick WZs than play with friends. You made that decision on your own, and you knew that if you roll now on a populated server chances are very slim to get a transfer to that server or from it (for free). If you made the friends on your new server, you did move on, your old toons are old toons, your friends are friends with your new toons. :)

They are doing what they say they will be doing. That is, you will be able to play with your friends. Currently, if you choose to leave your server, you and everyone else who want to leave, will go to the same server. So, all you need to do is to make sure you and your friends either "stay" together or "leave" together. The only way to NOT BE ABLE TO PLAY with your friends is, if some of you leave, and some of you don't. So, you are getting what you want to get.

And you are getting it for free too.

Edited by Ghostuka

Erm, if you wanted to play with friends so much, why did you leave your server in the first place?

To get quick wzs? Than you decided that its more important to get quick WZs than play with friends. You made that decision on your own, and you knew that if you roll now on a populated server chances are very slim to get a transfer to that server or from it (for free). If you made the friends on your new server, you did move on, your old toons are old toons, your friends are friends with your new toons. :)

So all friends can only play on one server? I had friends from LOTRO that were deployed via guild choices on several servers. You really should think before you speak/post IMO

They are doing what they say they will be doing. That is, you will be able to play with your friends. Currently, if you choose to leave your server, you and everyone else who want to leave, will go to the same server. So, all you need to do is to make sure you and your friends either "stay" together or "leave" together. The only way to NOT BE ABLE TO PLAY with your friends is, if some of you leave, and some of you don't. So, you are getting what you want to get.

And you are getting it for free too.

So some of my friends were deployed to Swfisure and some to Shadowhand and some GM Ztm due early guild deployment. How are we one big happy family now?

This transfer will help some of the dead servers it it is done correctly. I will not allow to play with your friends that have been scattered since early deployment

So all friends can only play on one server? I had friends from LOTRO that were deployed via guild choices on several servers. You really should think before you speak/post IMO

Er yes. So they decided to stick with their guilds, you decided to stick with yours- now you want to decide otherwise and blame BW for not providing a free possibility for it? No problem but that is not what the server transfer are meant for. For your kind of problem the payed server transfers are the solution.

Sorry there are people in these forums who have posted that they didn't have a wz for a week or more. Those are the people for whom the free transfers are designed. Not to solve luxury problems like the one you have.

Now, that was your fault from the start by not all rolling into the same server. You shot yourself in the foot by not communicating with your friends, and now you are specifically asking for a fix for it. And that fix will come in the future transfers, but not this one. You will have to go with your current servermates for a while, and then when the initial phase is done, you will all be able to select which server you want to play.

I guess, where you choose your destination server will be pay for transfer.

I think what is going to happen is we are going to go from (and just fabricating number for example purposes and excluding your 3 huge servers already) 100 light servers to 20 that run med to very heavy 24/7. This should be enough to have at least 100 people in the fleet during non-peak times. This will be similar to where we were at launch and no one was complaining then.

I would love to play on Fatman but i see why they won't let me transfer there for free and right now. In the current environment its the "last Stand" server and a ton of people have migrated there to start new characters. I wonder what will happen to it once transfers occur. Will people who left 3+ level 50 characters on their dead server go back and play on a merged one or will they stick it out on fatman? I could easily see it losing 20% of its population (not that that is a huge hit for the size it is).

BW did not go the idea of allowing no restrictive transfers. That would have cause me to re sub , However I am not grinding 90 valor ranks on one toon and 60 valor ranks on another just to get back to where I have currently been stuck at for the past month.

Grats to those of you this did help.

Not a hater and hope TOR remains viable but this was last straw for me as I ordered GW2 after seeing the restrictive nature of the transfers To be honest the it is poorly conceived plan BW developed. I'd have thought after bleeding close to half-a-million subs the transfers would be open.

/shrug

Cry us a river, everyone else rerolled and is enjoying themselves, since you think your too good to reroll then leave the game and save us this cry for attention thread.

Door is that way, peace. --------------------------- >

Edited by Caeliux

Er yes. So they decided to stick with their guilds, you decided to stick with yours- now you want to decide otherwise and blame BW for not providing a free possibility for it? No problem but that is not what the server transfer are meant for. For your kind of problem the payed server transfers are the solution.

Sorry there are people in these forums who have posted that they didn't have a wz for a week or more. Those are the people for whom the free transfers are designed. Not to solve luxury problems like the one you have.

I am not blaming BW for not allowing free xfers. I would gladly pay to move my toons on the 12th however that is not an option and I am not going to pay for something "that will be added later"

Had the dev not posted the intent was to "allow people to play with their friends" I would not be posting either.

What I read was that allowing transfers anywhere was considered but they decided to not go with that option. To me, that means they did consider it. I also believe that dev said the current plan was not ideal but it thought it would help but maybe my senility is just getting worse

I have had 1 pvp match in 2+ weeks and it was a 45 min queue. So don't make assumptions and pull erroneous facts out of your arse.

The was a big contingent from LOTRO that came to TOR so I am not talking about 1-2 of my closest friends.

I talking about a pre-exsisting community that was in different guilds before TOR was even released

The biggest fact IMO in is that have lost around 500k subs which is 25%+ if the 1.8 million figure that was in the media was correct? How many of you would be happy if your business, your employer or you investment declined by 26+%

If a whole community of you gusy came to this game and didnt end up on the same server thats your own fault isn't it?

A large group of players came over from the game I was playing before as well, and we all listed each other as enemies/ allies, and we all ended up on the same server.

Cry us a river, everyone else rerolled and is enjoying themselves, since you think your too good to reroll then leave the game and save us this cry for attention thread.

Door is that way, peace. --------------------------- >

I think there is about 500k peeps that did not reroll.

Do you speak of the enjoyment of all in only TOR or are you the resident expert speaker for all humanity?

If a whole community of you gusy came to this game and didnt end up on the same server thats your own fault isn't it?

A large group of players came over from the game I was playing before as well, and we all listed each other as enemies/ allies, and we all ended up on the same server.

If you say so I was not aware of those choices mainly because i am just a player not a guild-leader type. Still does not change anything for me.

If you give 5 low pop servers 1 destination that is merge where you call it that or not. I am saying they should allow total unrestricted access for example I don't think any xfers should be allowed to fatman right now.

My suggestion would be if you have a level 50 toon on server that IS NOT FULLl you should be allowed to xfer other toons to that server on a 1st come 1sr server basis. I think that is restrictive enough, it would fill up servers and still allow freedom for players to choose.

^ is basic logic to me

I will agree that if you have been consistently playing only a heavy server, you should be able to transfer one there. I mean technically you aren't going to be taking up more user slots since you can only play one character at a time. A level 50 restriction in this case seems legit enough to make sure you're committed to the heavy server

but of course I am biased since I'm playing on the Fatman now xD

its not a big deal though. I'm getting to experience the imperial story lines that I didn't before. But if I had to do this again, then it would be game breaking for me.

I just plan on keeping my characters where they are(i have lvl 50 toons on 2 different servers before fatman). If they wanna merge them later with another server they can. Those toons are lost to me unless they only plan on charging like 5 bucks per character to transfer.