Transfers from RP-PvP -> PVP servers ?

Rogoo

Actually, I'd kill for something like that. I'd kill for some open world PvP.

Outside of the Rakghoul Plague event, I've had literally THREE open world PvP fights. And I've been playing regularly since January.

That's why I want out of my RP-PvP server that has no PvP going to a populated PvP one.

Screw it, I can live with a bunch of "Luke Starkillers" or "n00bpwnzorgz" running around. ;)

There's actually real good owPvP on Fatman simply because there are more people there. Additionally, unlike when the game was new, more players know through experience when and where they are more likely to find owPvP. I find myself in several encounters each night even if I dont go looking for it.

I should have known this server transfer solution would not satisfy me though. All I wanted was to move my mains from a PvE server to a populated PvP server. Rolling on a PvE server was the biggest mistake I have made here.

They've got no options.

And I fail to see the issue in that.

I don't see the issue in it really, either. The backbone in the US should be able to support it no problem. I just find it interesting that they would get rid of the East/West differentiation.

Either way, all the PVP-RP North America servers, all 3 of them, would still not be ideal number wise. We should be putting 7+ servers into one, not 3. Bummer.

I think all 3 being combined would be the best case scenario right now? BW just posted that the server types will remain the same. OUCH. I was not expecting that.

I don't see the issue in it really, either. The backbone in the US should be able to support it no problem. I just find it interesting that they would get rid of the East/West differentiation.

Either way, all the PVP-RP North America servers, all 3 of them, would still not be ideal number wise. We should be putting 7+ servers into one, not 3. Bummer.

I think all 3 being combined would be the best case scenario right now? BW just posted that the server types will remain the same. OUCH. I was not expecting that.

This ole East/West differentiation did matter back when the internet connection was primitive.

Nowadays I logged in Ajunta Pall from France and even from Brazil laglessly.

And yeah, I believe it will be the 3 of them pseudo-merged together, bummer indeed.

This ole East/West differentiation did matter back when the internet connection was primitive.

Nowadays I logged in Ajunta Pall from France and even from Brazil laglessly.

And yeah, I believe it will be the 3 of them pseudo-merged together, bummer indeed.

I used to play SWG from Kosovo on a slow DSL connection! haha.

Anywho, wow, we got SCREWED on this one. So 1 dead server gets combined with 2 low Standards (which are dead/slow when compared to Heavy).

Sooooo...... all the people on RP-PVP servers now get to play on one Medium Standard? Really? Months and months of dead Ven Zallow, only to have the option of going to a slightly better off place?

I wanted a FULL server. I wanted that bad boy packed. I don't care if it's PVP or RP-PVP, i just want to play the game with other people and not have to constantly watch the population drop every week.

I can't say I'm surprised, though. BW really amazes sometimes with stuff like this. I can see it now in their office "So, yeah. Let's just add one dead server to two servers on life support, and BLAMO! FIXED! LOL!!!!! BRILLIANT" and then off to a bar for drinks they go after that amazing idea.

Ugh.

Newsflash: RP-PVP servers flopped. the people on them should have an option to get the hell away from them. If BW doesn't want to help those people, then they should not expect renewals.

Well I have legacy 25 on Lord Calypho and I don't want to go away! I like it here, I know a lot of people here and we have a good mature community, and not just from my guild. Kind of everyone knows everyone which is awesome. Yea we are down on numbers a bit but if the RP server and our server would be merged together that would be good.

Although I want to keep the PvP tag! Like make the Calypho ppl always PvP enabled! I won't mind.

Captain Edmont

Well I have legacy 25 on Lord Calypho and I don't want to go away! I like it here, I know a lot of people here and we have a good mature community, and not just from my guild. Kind of everyone knows everyone which is awesome. Yea we are down on numbers a bit but if the RP server and our server would be merged together that would be good.

Although I want to keep the PvP tag! Like make the Calypho ppl always PvP enabled! I won't mind.

Captain Edmont

Should be interesting to see whats done next week.

As mentioned in the blog post, we will be maintaining server types. So it will be RP-PvP to RP-PvP.

Jung Ma, meet Ven Zallow and Ajunta Pall... Ven Zallow, Ajunta Pall, meet Jung Ma.

I suggest we all Zerg-it to Jung Ma, to fill up the server as much as we can. I see no reason not to. Better metion it in General chat.

Jung Ma, meet Ven Zallow and Ajunta Pall... Ven Zallow, Ajunta Pall, meet Jung Ma.

I suggest we all Zerg-it to Jung Ma, to fill up the server as much as we can. I see no reason not to. Better metion it in General chat.

Pleased to meet you Jung Ma. This is a bit of a bummer, I hope BW reconsiders as the transfers progress.

BW, please answer this.

They already did, they are only doing same type to same type transfers at this time. You probably will get more options in the future when paid transfers open.

They aren't going to force RP-PvP players onto a non-RP server or a PvE server, and since they are only going to offer one destination server, that means it has to be RP-PvP.

Pleased to meet you Jung Ma. This is a bit of a bummer, I hope BW reconsiders as the transfers progress.

Well, if at prime time Ven Zallow has 20 in fleet, Ajunta Pall has 50, and Jung Ma has 80... that would put the new server at 150. From what I have seen, these numbers are a little low and there will be a new influx (hopefully) of players. So, 200+ could possibly be a realistic number. We just have to wait until Tuesday to see the transfer list.... sigh.

I figured they would "merge" Ven Zallow (VZ), Ajunta Pall (AP), and Jung Ma. It only makes sense. I'm just disappointed that they didn't go with a traditional merge though. Who in their right mind would want to stay in VZ or AP instead of playing with more people? Imagine the guy who logs on in July for the first time in a couple of months and sees a dead VZ or AP server? Then he has to wait a currently unspecified amount of time before he's transferred off. Not a good player experience in my mind.

I was thinking about what a merge would look like, and best case scenario we'd be at about 175 players on the Republic Fleet and 225 on the Imperial Fleet during prime time. Realistically, it would probably be more along the lines of 150 / 200. That brings Jung Ma back to how it was in March. :(

Still, it is definitely a big improvement though not as big as we'd like (especially with the "super servers" announcement).

This means that the EU RP-PVP server players are f**cked. There is 1 English 1 French and 1 German server, so they either merge them all together and recreate the second world war or they leave them to wither and die.

They should give the players on those servers the option to transfer either to RP-PVE servers or to PVP servers.

Well, if at prime time Ven Zallow has 20 in fleet, Ajunta Pall has 50, and Jung Ma has 80... that would put the new server at 150. From what I have seen, these numbers are a little low and there will be a new influx (hopefully) of players. So, 200+ could possibly be a realistic number. We just have to wait until Tuesday to see the transfer list.... sigh.

Imp side Ajunta Pall was in the high 90s at fleet around 9:30 server last night. Until a few weeks ago I'd routinely see 100+ during prime time.

Also consider that not everyone will leave, since we'll have one relatively healthy server transferring into another relatively healthy server. Ideally it would a bunch of low pops going to a single healthy server. What a mess :(.

Yeah, this is a odd situation. The 3 North American RP-PVP servers are going to be in rough shape. My grand ideas of a Full server are gone.

I guess we can be happy we aren't the poor people on the English, French and German RP-PVP servers. There is only 1 each, and BW has stated that they will not be transferring against language in this round.

Wow.

Looks like they put about 10 minutes of thought into this one.

BioWare, come on guys. Seriously. I've been on a dead server since March. I really was looking forward to to being on a full server. I've literally been looking for reasons to throw you guys money.

Edited by -Dench

I very much hope this is the case.

I rolled on Ajunta Pall for friends...and even though there was a great PVP community at the start, and have been great guilds like Taugrim's Maven or Mouretsu, it is the only RP-PVP server on the west coast. I think that worked it in its favor, initially, by separating it from the pack. And it has maintained a steadyish population. But it should still be given transfer options. Since the current pop will pale by comparison with the new servers.

If there won't be transfer options, then I'd like to know, so I can start rerolling. Something I've kept from doing out of hoping transfers would be given a more free market treatment.

EDIT: And btw. Jung Ma is louder on the forums, but just last night, AP had 100+ on Imp fleet, and 80+ on pubs.

Edited by clearsighted

I can only say thank you to Bioware.

I cancelled my sub the other week expecting transfers to be months off. I've been checking the forums from time to time however and today I see this before I actually expire on the 16th.

I play on the only English RP-PVP server in europe. The others are FR and GR. As such I assume people on there want to speak those languages anyway.

BW arent going to merge languages in any case, but even if they did it would still leave a tiny combined server with people speaking different languages.

As such I can let it lapse in good conscience that I'll not be missing anything apart from a dead server so I can go move on without feeling cheating.

BW really screwed transfers up after such a wait, which shouldnt have been there anyway. To screw the server population even after you finally implement transfers is just ludicrous. Yes I know paid transfers are coming and they'll do another wave of free ones, but if they care so little for the RP-PVP servers that they ensure we stay with low populations after months waiting for a transfer then I'll gladly take my money elsewhere.

Peace out.