HK-51: Minimum of 1 Empire and 1 Republic Toon On Same Server to Unlock

That seems pretty reasonable to me. I'm sure I speak for the entire thread when I say that I agree with these requirements.

Until HK-51 decides to attack you while you are in a Raid with your guild mates and they can do nothing to help you. :D

• Replies 688
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well that is again another MASSIVE let down. First cathar and now forcing you to roll 2 50s one on either side. I dont want to roll the republic... They were screwed over by bioware with terrible stories... Terrible looking player ships... Terrible animations and terrible looking armour. Not to mention their companions mostly suck. I am in the process of leveling my second 50 already and its an imp. Dropping a bomb like this so late in the game is just a huge dump on players.

First the cathar and now this!!!! I am so annoyed at the pathetic choices that bioware are making atm. I am rapidly loosing interest in this game if they are insisting on forcing us to roll hundreds of alts and make te game all about the grind. What about te rich starwars lore that we were all hoping to explore? That has just been flushed down the tube by their terrible devs/writers.

Contradiction much? So you want story and lore to explore....but you hate the idea of rolling toons on a different faction? k....

Utter stupidity by BIOWARE

Why is not possible to have some servers which are pvp , but only allow one account to have 1 faction on 1 server.

Having players with multi factions on 1 server ruins any chance of any good world pvp .

This game is basically a levelling game and thats it . Utter crap

And to top it . they are being very economical with the truth imho by calling an MMO when everything is instanced.

First cathar

There are people out there that like feline-like charactersm you know.

and now forcing you to roll 2 50s one on either side. I dont want to roll the republic...

Your problem, probably no HK-51 for you then.

They were screwed over by bioware with terrible stories...

Come again please? I was able to kill the gosh darn Emperor in the Jedi Knight Story!

Terrible looking player ships...

Actually I find the Smuggler's ship quite nice.

Terrible animations

Somehow the animation of the Jedi Guardian is better than that of the Sith Juggernaut, the of the jedi Sage better than the of the Sith Sorcerer. Smuggler/IA and trooper/BH have the same animation, fyi.

and terrible looking armour.

The Republic is not the only side with terrible looking armor.

Not to mention their companions mostly suck.

Here again, the Emprie has some quirks, too.

I am in the process of leveling my second 50 already and its an imp. Dropping a bomb like this so late in the game is just a huge dump on players.

First the cathar and now this!!!! I am so annoyed at the pathetic choices that bioware are making atm. I am rapidly loosing interest in this game if they are insisting on forcing us to roll hundreds of alts and make te game all about the grind. What about te rich starwars lore that we were all hoping to explore? That has just been flushed down the tube by their terrible devs/writers.

1) Getting HK-51 only when having chars on both sides I a really good idea, imo, since that way, HK-51 will be more rare. Also it's quite a nice reward for the kind of players that decided to play both sides to e.g see all class stories (8 stories, 8 character slots, I think you get what I mean).

2) If you are loosing interest in a game, better quit it.

Edited by Creror

To be fair, what was said is that you will "likely have to have people on both sides of the war." That sounds to me like some of the new "crazy creative adventure-game survival horror" crap that you have to slog through will just be in areas that are very hard to get to or survive if you're one faction or another. For instance, maybe you have to talk to five NPCs that each sit in the middle of faction base camps or something; simple enough if you're of that faction . . . next to impossible if you're on the other side. Since this is a "legacy quest" it sounds like you can complete the various steps on different characters, which sort of encourages you to roll alts that will have the easiest time with each of the trickier steps, including having at least one alt in each faction for steps where that makes the task either horrendous or trivial, depending on which you are.

1) Getting HK-51 only when having chars on both sides I a really good idea, imo, since that way, HK-51 will be more rare. Also it's quite a nice reward for the kind of players that decided to play both sides to e.g see all class stories (8 stories, 8 character slots, I think you get what I mean).

This would have been a good idea when the game was brand new, not a year later when many people have already filled 8 slots with one faction. 8 classes - 16 advanced classes. Having 16 alts allows people to explore the full game by playing all advanced classes, plus switch up gender and alignment. Before 1.2 there was no cross faction mail, so anyone who wanted to experience the full content kept their servers one faction only. So in fact, by requiring characters of both factions on one server, players who have been working to experience all advanced classes plus story variations will be punished for it.

Of course if they have alternate ways of acquiring the HK or add an extra slot or two for the Cathar, everyone will be happy. (Well nearly everyone, since the world would end if everyone on the forums were happy!)

*sigh*

From this Q&A.

Jeramie, that's not an announcement. That's an admission that it's on the wall of crazy, just like chat bubbles, and real space combat.

*sigh*

So yea, I'll be able to get my HK companion in 2014 or there abouts, maybe.

Edited by Ignicity

Jeramie, that's not an announcement. That's an admission that it's on the wall of crazy, just like chat bubbles, and real space combat.

*sigh*

So yea, I'll be able to get my HK companion in 2014 or there abouts, maybe.

Err... So, I quote a dev that you claim isn't coming, and then state a timeframe based on nothing? I just.... don't even know what to say...

Compare what he and Georg Zoeller have said about additional character slots to what's been said about chat bubbles, real space combat, and even pazaak, and you'll see a HUGE difference.

Unless you continue to look with your eyes closed... I mean, sure, rampant pessimism is the "new cool", but stop it for just a few seconds...

http://www.darthhater.com/articles/swtor-news/20634-e3-2012-darth-hater-interview-with-daniel-erickson

so based on his remarks we have play both factions on 1 server to get this LEGACY companion to unlock. Not cool

i have 2 lvl 50 empire toons and 1 lvl 50 republic toon so im not worried, but if this is true im gonna laugh at the ppl in my sages old guild that would act like jerks cause i played empire also haha.

If you have not played both sides your missing half the fun, just slap a char from the other side and enjoy the new side of the story. When 1.3 hits live aslong as you have a high enough legacy level you can majorly increase your xp gains on your new alt and probably run them from 10-50 simply with dungeon finder if you really wanted.

If it so happens that you have all 8 slots taken up by one side, no idea why you would do but thats a dif matter, just wait for the extra char slots they have been on about coming in. And whats the worst that can happen apart from you could unlock a race not available for republic or imperial as standard for future use.

Edited by Shingara

Err... So, I quote a dev that you claim isn't coming, and then state a timeframe based on nothing? I just.... don't even know what to say...

Compare what he and Georg Zoeller have said about additional character slots to what's been said about chat bubbles, real space combat, and even pazaak, and you'll see a HUGE difference.

Unless you continue to look with your eyes closed... I mean, sure, rampant pessimism is the "new cool", but stop it for just a few seconds...

Why don't you quote where I said we would never get more character slots per server....

can't? awesome

Quit putting words in my mouth. It's a poor attempt to prove yourself right.

*EDIT* Tell ya what JeramieOptimusCrowe, here's a chance to redeem yourself. Do you think the HK companion droid and new character slots per server will be released in the same patch?

If not, Houston we have a problem.

Edited by Ignicity

Why don't you quote where I said we would never get more character slots per server....

can't? awesome

Quit putting words in my mouth. It's a poor attempt to prove yourself right.

*EDIT* Tell ya what JeramieOptimusCrowe, here's a chance to redeem yourself. Do you think the HK companion droid and new character slots per server will be released in the same patch?

Nope, I think one of two things, which I've more than plainly stated throughout this thread: Either more character slots will be made available BEFORE HK companion, or (the much more likely scenario) there will be an alternate unlocking method like with almost all other Legacy perks: Legacy level + credits.

Either way, 8 character slots will NOT be an issue, thus is a completely moot point in this gawd-forsaken excuse for a thread.

Nope, I think one of two things, which I've more than plainly stated throughout this thread: Either more character slots will be made available BEFORE HK companion, or (the much more likely scenario) there will be an alternate unlocking method like with almost all other Legacy perks: Legacy level + credits.

Either way, 8 character slots will NOT be an issue, thus is a completely moot point in this gawd-forsaken excuse for a thread.

The second option you gave, that in your opinion is more likely, didn't have a time frame attached. Do you think it will be in the same patch or after the HK patch?

*EDIT* Let me make this perfectly clear... If we get more slots per server at or before the HK patch, this issue is moot in my eyes. If the HK patch launches without extra slots, I have a lot more complaining left in me. I don't care if they are a legacy perk that cost credits, I don't care if it's 1 character slot unlock per level 50 on the server.

Edited by Ignicity

The second option you gave, that in your opinion is more likely, didn't have a time frame attached. Do you think it will be in the same patch or after the HK patch?

When species combos were first announced, it was said that you have to level that species clear to 50 to unlock it.

Now, the alternate unlock method of Legacy level +credits, when was it available, before or after 1.2?

When species combos were first announced, it was said that you have to level that species clear to 50 to unlock it.

Now, the alternate unlock method of Legacy level +credits, when was it available, before or after 1.2?

Taking into consideration that 1.2 was named "Legacy", I would hazard a guess that the alternative unlock method for character species was launched with 1.2.

Taking into consideration that 1.2 was named "Legacy", I would hazard a guess that the alternative unlock method for character species was launched with 1.2.

And given that HK is a Legacy reward, I would also hazard a guess that it will have an alternate unlock method, no? Launched at the same time as HK?

Edited by JeramieCrowe

And given that HK is a Legacy reward, I would also hazard a guess that it will have an alternate unlock method, no?

You of course are entitled to your opinion, but I wont be so quick to assume that just because 1 feature of Legacy has an alternative unlock method; all features will also have an alternative unlock method.

For instance, look at the buff unlocks for classes (the ones you receive for finishing Chapter 2 per Class)... Is there an alternative unlock for them?

You of course are entitled to your opinion, but I wont be so quick to assume that just because 1 feature of Legacy has an alternative unlock method; all features will also have an alternative unlock method.

For instance, look at the buff unlocks for classes (the ones you receive for finishing Chapter 2 per Class)... Is there an alternative unlock for them?

One feature?! Seriously?? Have you not looked at your Legacy window lately? On PTS for 1.3? MOST of the unlocks have an alternate method.

Now, since HK is a companion, and no mere vanity pet, I would suspect the alternate unlock method to include prices anywhere between 15 million and 25 million credits. But it's an alternate method nonetheless.

Also, keep in mind that when announcing species unlocks, they similarly did NOT announce the alternate method. Yeah. It's called a "pattern".

One feature?! Seriously?? Have you not looked at your Legacy window lately? On PTS for 1.3? MOST of the unlocks have an alternate method.

Now, since HK is a companion, and no mere vanity pet, I would suspect the alternate unlock method to include prices anywhere between 15 million and 25 million credits. But it's an alternate method nonetheless.

Also, keep in mind that when announcing species unlocks, they similarly did NOT announce the alternate method. Yeah. It's called a "pattern".

I haven't been able to log into the PTS as of yet, as the PTS crashes to desktop before I even make it to the character select screen. Of course, the brilliant Customer Service team at work here thinks the problem is my version of directx, which of course runs the live version of the game perfectly and has done since launch. But this is another issue entirely.

On topic: You know what they say about people who assume. I have no issue with you calling me a pessimist, as I'm sure you have no problem with me calling you an optimist. At the end of the day, until a dev actually has the intestinal fortitude to announce these 2 features and make us aware of when they both will be launched, all of this is pure conjecture.

I haven't been able to log into the PTS as of yet, as the PTS crashes to desktop before I even make it to the character select screen. Of course, the brilliant Customer Service team at work here thinks the problem is my version of directx, which of course runs the live version of the game perfectly and has done since launch. But this is another issue entirely.

On topic: You know what they say about people who assume. I have no issue with you calling me a pessimist, as I'm sure you have no problem with me calling you an optimist. At the end of the day, until a dev actually has the intestinal fortitude to announce these 2 features and make us aware of when they both will be launched, all of this is pure conjecture.

Indeed. You can say the cup is half-empty, and I can say the cup is half-full, but at the end of it all, the cup is half-filled.

At least we do have BioWare's track record of providing alternate means of Legacy rewards for people not wanting to roll another faction, eh? ;)

Edited by JeramieCrowe

Do you think the HK companion droid and new character slots per server will be released in the same patch?

I would say yes, and not til then. If they give it early you will get some people who say well I used them to roll more of the same faction and have no where to roll my opposite faction, even though they were told then needed a character on both sides.