Would prefer to know the list

Fhrosty

We're sure many of you are interested to learn which servers are eligible for outgoing transfers and which servers are eligible to receive transfers. However, because the process will be gradual, we cannot provide that information in advance. Depending on the number of characters transferred, the destination and origin servers eligible for transfer may be altered during the process. We don't want to promise a destination in case it may change. Listings will become available as servers become eligible for transfer.

Personally however I would much prefer they give us the current proposed list and just include a male-body-type-4-sized, bold disclaimer that the list is not set in stone and is subject to change. Who agrees / disagrees? Would you be willing to take changes to the list with a grain of salt if it meant you could know now rather than later if your server is intended to be part of the process?

Edited by Fhrosty

Personally however I would much prefer they give us the current proposed list and just include a male-body-type-4-sized, bold disclaimer that the list is not set in stone and is subject to change. Who agrees / disagrees? Would you be willing to take changes to the list with a grain of salt if it meant you could know now rather than later if your server is intended to be part of the process?

You are very naive if you think that a disclaimer will keep these forums from taking it as gold. Especially if folks see what they want on it and that changes.

Hi OP:

I don't get it.

They FINALLY gave info. that something is happening on a certain date, and will not release specifics before that, and now you're asking for specifics in advance?

Oh wait, I guess I do get it.

You people....

Hi OP:

I don't get it.

They FINALLY gave info. that something is happening on a certain date, and will not release specifics before that, and now you're asking for specifics in advance?

Oh wait, I guess I do get it.

You people....

Easy there bud. :D I'm not flaming, trolling, complaining, [insert any other internet mem of aggression here],...

I'm thrilled to death they've given info. All I'm saying is that they made a choice to withhold info because they don't trust the community to be able to handle the risk of current info changing. I'd simply like to discourage that belief is all. Granted, it's a reasonable concern given the history of this forum and the internet in general. I just wanted to cast my 2c into the wind and maybe see if the rest of the community might chime in to say, "we're mature enough to handle it if you make the disclaimer REALLY big and pretty".

And btw, not once did I complain about the lack of date, or the lack of speed with which they were implementing transfers. Which "you people" am I exactly?

You are very naive if you think that a disclaimer will keep these forums from taking it as gold. Especially if folks see what they want on it and that changes.

Oh I know it wouldn't stop them, but it would be enough for me to stand behind BW when they say, "sorry you already filled out 12 guild applications and got e-married on your hopeful server, but we told you it was subject to change". But that's just me.

Edited by Fhrosty

It doesn't matter how big the disclaimer is, a couple of decades of internet, MMO flame wars has proven that its pointless to name names or give details until they are set in stone.

While I would also like to see a Maybe-List for the server transfers, no matter what they do, 200+ people will instantly think: "THIS IS THE DEFINITIVE LIST" and will post threads about it, and then if any one server on that list changes they will post angry threads about being lied to and how their very specific predicament is causing them to unsubscribe.

Edit: (Fhrosty I very much agree with everything you've said, but I think Bioware would rather just stay out of it as much as they can :p )

Edited by OmySpy

While I can understand not releasing specific server names until it is final, the one thing that I think would be nice would be for the basics as to how wide of a net they are initially going to cast- for example the primary server I play on isn't among the completely dead some folks have to deal with, but is still low enough that being able to move our guild to a more dense population would be extremely preferable (i.e. peak time at fleet population is usually in the 40's).

So if the net cast is going to be wide enough to cover most consistently low population servers then that's great and we can start making plans, if the first wave is going to be only the bonafide dead servers then I know I'll have some time to wait.