1.3 Maras/Sents no nerfs?

Xinika

• Replies 921
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! I was waiting for this... I think I assumed it didn't work for PvP like pummel strike. NEVER USE IT!!!

In all seriousness, though.. You should really bind it now that you know. : P

It's our best CC move.

Well let's see the biggest complaints are centered around skills that last 4 and 5 seconds. Maybe they should half those durations. Some of you should try these classes out. I spend much of the time outside of camo and guarded stunned, slowed and whatnot. Melee classes need to be able to survive in combat hence no nerfs.

I know Wahhh!!!!!

It's our best CC move.

LOL I know... I just think it's hilarious cuz I really try to stay up to date and use everything to my advantage. This one move just got left in the dust. Definitely gonna work it into the binds tonight and get in the habit of using it. Still... laughing at myself. :D

It's our best CC move.

^^ This.

Voidstar, when one of your teammates plants a bomb, run right under the respawn and pop it when the gate opens. No reason Marauders should miss out on the joy of CCing 6 people just to have someone ruin it with a smash 1 second later.

^^ This.

Voidstar, when one of your teammates plants a bomb, run right under the respawn and pop it when the gate opens. No reason Marauders should miss out on the joy of CCing 6 people just to have someone ruin it with a smash 1 second later.

OMG, as a Marauder, I hate other Warriors more than anything because of this. Juggernauts especially, lol.

Last night, I had a Jugg who was supposedly on my team who looked like he was going out of his way to FORCE PUSH anybody I had JUST used Gore on.

Bloody murder was screamed by the 3rd time, believe me. : P

I just find it amusing that the only class that can give me any kind of trouble on my mara is getting nerfed, but my mara isn't.

Mara is fine except for the survival is way to high for that high of DPS.

Last time a class had this advantage was the Sage and got heavy nerfs.

I see this comming the way of Mara in the next few patches.

Heh, don't worry bro, i didn't use pacify / obfuscate for a long time either. Now I use it a lot.

LOL... obfuscate I can't live without! I pop that almost right out of CD. Man... I've been trying to level some alts lately but now I'm kinda stoked to get on my marauder tonight and play around with my long lost ability. :D

Mara is fine except for the survival is way to high for that high of DPS.

Last time a class had this advantage was the Sage and got heavy nerfs.

I see this comming the way of Mara in the next few patches.

I could probably agree with you, if I didn't play one. I play a shadow and a jugg as well, all 50. I'm about average on the shadow in pvp, pretty decent on the jugg in pvp, and i just completely melt face on the mara in pvp. Overall I'm probably an average performer in pvp, maybe a bit above average, but i'm not the guy you'll see in tournaments and topping brackets. However, I have no fear on my marader, especially now that shadow tanks are eating the nerfbat. They were my only real hard counter.

Yeah it's clear why shadows need a little nerf. I can kite marauders for days on my shadow, in fact I enjoy that they think they can kill me. Only spec that stands a chance is carnage and that's only if my sprint isn't up so I can break the throw root. Otherwise it's just spinning kick master strike and continue my rotation.

Had an Assassin today that thought the same thing that you just said. He was wrong lol.

I haven't had a problem with Maruaders as playing either my Pyro Mercenary or Vengeance Juggernaut. These are the only classes i have played so i don't know how others fair but it seems pretty easy to stun them at the right time or slow and kite them into ineffectiveness.

These two classes are the worst in pvp. Juggernault with the same skill level will always loose to annihilation marauder, the same for merc. If you try sorc, sniper, tanksin or powertech you'll be able to beat a marauder. Anyway pvp is about skill not a class. I have no problems against any class with my marauder, but there are few people on every class on our server and they are hard to beat just because they play well.

Edited by Roiz

Oh we wouldn't want that...

I'm pretty sure the goal is to raise the weaker specs to the level of viability that at least Marauder offspecs enjoy, if not to the level of the alpha classes.

I guess you could just keep crusading for nerfs though. That doesn't really help the situation of the weaker specs any, though.

/shrug

These two classes are the worst in pvp. Juggernault with the same skill level will always loose to annihilation marauder, the same for merc. If you try sorc, sniper, tanksin or powertech you'll be able to beat a marauder. Anyway pvp is about skill not a class. I have no problems against any class with my marauder, but there are few people on every class on our server and they are hard to beat just because they play well.

...bwuh?

I don't think you thought this post through very well.

o.o if they nerf this it wont hurt my sith sorceror will it?

i worked fairly hard on that character,and she is my favorite

>.>i also havent done any pvp with her,as im fairly sure id end up as catfood before i pressed the attack button

LOL I know... I just think it's hilarious cuz I really try to stay up to date and use everything to my advantage. This one move just got left in the dust. Definitely gonna work it into the binds tonight and get in the habit of using it. Still... laughing at myself. :D

It's good to laugh at yourself, or else you turn into someone who cares more about being right than being in the right.

o.o if they nerf this it wont hurt my sith sorceror will it?

i worked fairly hard on that character,and she is my favorite

>.>i also havent done any pvp with her,as im fairly sure id end up as catfood before i pressed the attack button

lol, I'm pretty sure that nerfing Marauders would be an INSANE buff to Sorcs. : P

I'm pretty sure the goal is to raise the weaker specs to the level of viability that at least Marauder offspecs enjoy, if not to the level of the alpha classes.

I guess you could just keep crusading for nerfs though. That doesn't really help the situation of the weaker specs any, though.

/shrug

Crusading? Have you even stopped to check how many posts I made in this topic? YOU guys are the one keeping it alive, not me.

However, anyone with half a brain and a dedication to PvP Balance will know this class will be nerfed sooner or later.

Oh and Shadows tanks were nerfed because of PvE. Just an FYI.

Crusading? Have you even stopped to check how many posts I made in this topic? YOU guys are the one keeping it alive, not me.

However, anyone with half a brain and a dedication to PvP Balance will know this class will be nerfed sooner or later.

Just because a thread is long doesn't mean your assertion is valid.

Um, I'm not really sure why you felt the need to clarify why Shadow tanks were nerfed. I never said otherwise, here or elsewhere. <.<

Also, I don't care if Marauders get nerfed one way or the other, as I do feel a couple of the defensive cooldowns should be adjusted, which I've said time and time again in this thread and others. I also play a Marauder. So yeah, don't care one way or the other. Nerf me and things will be more balanced. Don't nerf me and I'll continue smashing people left and right.

I'm Carnage anyway, so I don't think it's ME in particular that anyone has been complaining about, lol.

Also, I post in this thread because it's been entertaining. I just call it like I see it, as I have the entire thread. I'm not on a side. I'm just here to debunk misinformation, and believe me, there has been plenty of it on BOTH sides of this argument.

You're the one who created it, though, and keeps periodically coming back to spout one-liners about how they will be getting nerfed, etc etc.

Don't get all upset because you got called out on it. Man up.

PS) Deception will still suck w/out a babysitter even when Maras get nerfed, which is what I was getting at. Sad that I've contributed far more logic to your own thread than you have. /shrug

Edited by Varicite

Um, I'm not really sure why you felt the need to clarify why Shadow tanks were nerfed. I never said otherwise, here or elsewhere. <.<

Also, I don't care if Marauders get nerfed one way or the other, as I do feel a couple of the defensive cooldowns should be adjusted, which I've said time and time again in this thread and others. I also play a Marauder. So yeah, don't care one way or the other. Nerf me and things will be more balanced. Don't nerf me and I'll continue smashing people left and right.

I'm Carnage anyway, so I don't think it's ME in particular that anyone has been complaining about, lol.

Also, I post in this thread because it's been entertaining. I just call it like I see it, as I have the entire thread. I'm not on a side. I'm just here to debunk misinformation, and believe me, there has been plenty of it on BOTH sides of this argument.

You're the one who created it, though, and keeps periodically coming back to spout one-liners about how they will be getting nerfed, etc etc.

Don't get all upset because you got called out on it. Man up.

PS) Deception will still suck w/out a babysitter even when Maras get nerfed, which is what I was getting at. Sad that I've contributed far more logic to your own thread than you have. /shrug

How on earth am I upset? Rofl. I laugh at this thread anytime I see it still being bumped. You don't seem to realize my care level (which is practically none) for this thread. If you look at the first post or any of the posts I've made in this thread, it's a simple one liners and practically borderline on trolling. I can and will still beat maras/sents 1v1 pre and post nerf. (If 1v1 even matters)

Thanks for the free bumps though, threads like these do get noticed.:)

Can we get a page 100 up in here'? ;)

Edited by Xinika

How on earth am I upset? Rofl. I laugh at this thread anytime I see it still being bumped. You don't seem to realize my care level (which is practically none) for this thread. If you look at the first post or any of the posts I've made in this thread, it's a simple one liners and practically borderline on trolling.

Thanks for the free bumps though, threads like these do get noticed.:)

Can we get a page 100 up in here'? ;)

Well, if you aren't upset, then my bad. You came across that way. : P

PS) They are closing every other thread and consolidating them here. That's the only reason it's still going.

And because I keep bumping it by telling people they are wrong, lol. You are lucky there are SO MANY wrong people in these forums...