PVP Changes - 1.3

DarthNuke

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

NO, it isn't useless. Jeez, people. What they've done is sort of what Blizz did with the various crafting enchantments vs the Engineering glove augmentation. One is active while the others are static and passive. So, instead of having 380 Power for 20s every 2 minutes (Battlemaster relic), they're going to make it give you a static +64 Power which will be on full time. What this does is lower the burst the relic provided, thus increasing the TTK in PvP, and they also give you a damage boost for the 100s that you DON'T have the relic available. Also remember, the relic, even when popped, does you no good when you're CCed or dead. This just balances everything out by resituating the overall power.

Also remember that they're providing on-attack versions of relics. This will be the same as the relics that you currently have but the buff popped is random and could happen on your killing blow or your first hit.

I hear you brother but now close your eyes and imagian your a Op/Scoundrel....3rd nerf 1.1 1.2 & 1.3

I hear you brother but now close your eyes and imagian your a Op/Scoundrel....3rd nerf 1.1 1.2 & 1.3

I don't have to close my eyes. I am an Operative :) Believe me when I tell you, after playing a Hunter in WoW for 7 years, nothing bothers me. In fact, I'm a little happy about the new Adrenals as it covers one of the biggest glaring issues with the DPS Op - survival.

Btw, the healing nerf is somewhat bothersome. I would have thought that they'd have nerfed something in the Medicine tree instead. It isn't like Conc/Leth Ops using their 2.5s Kolto heal is that worrisome nor is the boost to the Stim Boost heal that big of a dea. I guess that I was wrong.

Edited by Trauglodyte

I am furious with the changes to the adrenals. Both the Biochem ones AND the warzone ones only boosting defense.

GG bioware GG

That's how it should be...

But BW you gotta give Ops/scoundrels some love...The days of BADDIEs complaining cuz they had no gear about being 3 shot are over...HOOK THEM BACK UP!

(I play shadow not OP/Scoundrel)

That's how it should be...

But BW you gotta give Ops/scoundrels some love...The days of BADDIEs complaining cuz they had no gear about being 3 shot are over...HOOK THEM BACK UP!

(I play shadow not OP/Scoundrel)

I dont think that's how it should be. . .but that does make an EXCELLENT point. The sole reason for Bioware to nerf Ops and Scoundrels was because their burst was 'too high' in conjunction with stacking buffs. This has been the 2nd nerf to buff stacking so now there is literally zero reason to keep the previous nerfs they had.

With this change it would make sense to remove the required level for use. If I'm understanding this right and my Rakata adrenals and meds are no longer usable in WZ's then what would be the harm in mailing them to alts and guildies. Making it a marketable item like the rest of the crafting. Did I miss something or maybe misunderstand anything? Or is that in there and I didn't see it...

With this change it would make sense to remove the required level for use. If I'm understanding this right and my Rakata adrenals and meds are no longer usable in WZ's then what would be the harm in mailing them to alts and guildies. Making it a marketable item like the rest of the crafting. Did I miss something or maybe misunderstand anything? Or is that in there and I didn't see it...

Nope, you didn't miss anything or misunderstand.

NO, it isn't useless. Jeez, people. What they've done is sort of what Blizz did with the various crafting enchantments vs the Engineering glove augmentation. One is active while the others are static and passive. So, instead of having 380 Power for 20s every 2 minutes (Battlemaster relic), they're going to make it give you a static +64 Power which will be on full time. What this does is lower the burst the relic provided, thus increasing the TTK in PvP, and they also give you a damage boost for the 100s that you DON'T have the relic available. Also remember, the relic, even when popped, does you no good when you're CCed or dead. This just balances everything out by resituating the overall power.

Also remember that they're providing on-attack versions of relics. This will be the same as the relics that you currently have but the buff popped is random and could happen on your killing blow or your first hit.

I think it might be: Passive as in "x% chance to increase POW by +x"

but the question still remains.

Do PvE relics contribute the same "passive abilities" as the PvP ones when you are in a WZ? Otherwise more gear switchin' a comin ':(

Moderator?

So the stat buff stims are getting canned too?

I thought it was just power adrenals and stuff.

Actually, you are correct on that one I guess, it's only adrenals. In my case though I can get rid of biochem on 3 of my toons and just keep one that can make me the blue stat buff stims. Difference between rakata and those is minimal enough and will allow me to respec to make armor or something else. Only real reason to keep biochem on all the toons you were doing pvp with was adrenals really. Also the minimal money made from putting blue adrenals on the market is gone now as well because it was mostly pvp players that bought them.

I would say everyone play and test on PTS...evaluate the changes provide constructive feedback to the devs....then...come here and discuss the issues...otherwise..you are all just making guesses as to how your class will actually play. They may be well educated guesses but still....guesses...lots of changes here to lots of classes.

Can anyone who's in the PTS clarify the change to relics - I play as a deception assassin and a big part of my 1v1 tactic was to pop [relic/recklessness/overcharge saber] which gave me a moderate amount of burst / constant dmg to mitigate cd's an opponent may pop. I could see why a relic/adrenal combination would be nerfed, however changing the function of relics and purely removing burst potential in-spite of feels like a horrible change - again haven't played PTS and would like clarification on my speculation please and thank-you :) Edited by Briseius

Can anyone who's in the PTS clarify the change to relics - I play as a deception assassin and a big part of my 1v1 tactic was to pop [relic/recklessness/overcharge saber] which gave me a moderate amount of burst / constant dmg to mitigate cd's an opponent may pop. I could see why a relic/adrenal combination would be nerfed, however changing the function of relics and purely removing burst potential in-spite of feels like a horrible change - again haven't played PTS and would like clarification on my speculation please and thank-you :)

There is no relic popping now in pvp. I played in a WZ over lunch and my relic ignored my commands. Sad but I guess I get it.

Great changes.

TTK is being indirectly increased. If you guys ever faced a team on vent calling targets and rolling their relic/adrenal, then you should appreciate this change. We do that in our games and I often feel bad for the other team. Obviously we can still focus people down, but with much lower coordinated burst, people will have more of a chance to disrupt our success

Once the initial shock is gone, I believe the pvp community will be glad for this change. Consider the impact a reduction in burst and an extension to TTK has on softer specs, balance shadow for example. Yea, this is good.

Edited by Sowwy
removed a random and

Great changes.

TTK is being indirectly increased. If you guys ever faced a team on vent calling targets and rolling their relic/adrenal, then you should appreciate this change. We do that in our games and I often feel bad for the other team. Obviously we can still focus people down, but with much lower and coordinated burst, people will have more of a chance to disrupt our success

Once the initial shock is gone, I believe the pvp community will be glad for this change. Consider the impact a reduction in burst and an extension to TTK has on softer specs, balance shadow for example. Yea, this is good.

Quite possible. We'll see...

Very good changes imo,my guild and i were discussing the whole Bio Chem almost requirement in WZ's which is silly if you think about it.

Sorry and these kinds of statements are just miss-information.

The prototype Med Kits that BioChem can make are better than the reusable ones becusae they have a HOT (Heal Over Time) and only require a combat level of like 48.

All re-usables do is save the hassle of having to buy / make them.

Stims and Adrenals are al the same regardless of color, IE green blue or purple.

Rakata is slighly better, however if that is what you want, grind out biochem and you too can use them.

HOWVER SUGGESTING THAT IT IS REQUIRED OR UNFAIR IS JUST QQ'ING ABOUT LOSING IN PVP TO A MORE INFORMED PLAYER.

I think it might be: Passive as in "x% chance to increase POW by +x"

but the question still remains.

Do PvE relics contribute the same "passive abilities" as the PvP ones when you are in a WZ? Otherwise more gear switchin' a comin ':(

Moderator?

Pretty sure on-hit refers ot those '30% fo the time you do 200 more damage' relics that were previously only available from PvE.

Great changes.

TTK is being indirectly increased. If you guys ever faced a team on vent calling targets and rolling their relic/adrenal, then you should appreciate this change. We do that in our games and I often feel bad for the other team. Obviously we can still focus people down, but with much lower coordinated burst, people will have more of a chance to disrupt our success

Yup.. Voidstar will be unplayable..

in Huttball, ball carrier can now go from center to the score without any passes.. just bting 2 healers and a ballcarrier..

In Novarecost the first team to capture nodes will win

So with Alderaan - team who capture left-right will be able to defend it indefinatelly..

Good job BW! Excellent!

Yup.. Voidstar will be unplayable..

in Huttball, ball carrier can now go from center to the score without any passes.. just bting 2 healers and a ballcarrier..

In Novarecost the first team to capture nodes will win

So with Alderaan - team who capture left-right will be able to defend it indefinatelly..

Good job BW! Excellent!

Drama Queen alert.