Character Transfer, Server Populations and You

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I honestly believe:

1. The silent majority is going to be happy with this solution.
  2. Servers with large guilds will end up being destination servers so the guild issue (which I understand sucks for guilds that choose to move) should be limited.
  3. We should wait to see a list of origin vs. destination servers are before anyone freaks out.

Very wise words, and very well stated.

I agree.

:jawa_angel:

Edited by JediElf

Sorry. Not good enough. The words "some" and "May" and etc are just not good enough. There are maybe 20 people in fleet on my server during prime time. I do not want to

a) switch to another server like this so there is 40 on or have to wait a long peroid of time for pop balance.

b) have to wait until transfers come in enough on my server and have to wait for pop balance.

c) God forbid - not be on the 'list' at all.

this is a HUGE problem and putting a little band aid is not going to fix it. I am in a small guild that just lost critical mass. We are short a player or two and there is no population to reach out to. So, everyone is going to stop playing and that will be that.

Look Bioware - you TOLD us what server to play on. Now there are no players here. FIX IT. Not with maybes or shoulds but with "Yes, you can move to a server where there is currently a population."

and if you dont... fine. you only hurt yourself. I'll find another game but you are swirling the toliet.

I Think its awesome, my only concern is the fact at this time we will get the option to go to a similar server only, ie; PVP to PVP etc, my choices have been molded by this games content post-release, I came here to PVP, but I'd rather PVE-RP now. So I may have to wait for paid transfers.

There are one or two guild I'd happily get away from, thought the time was there with the transfers. But I can only transfer to 1(!) option? Or am I just reading this the wrong way?

B.

I don't expect this to be read, but on the off chance that I'm wrong, I'd like to toss out my suggestion/request. Please keep all Pre-Release servers as destination servers. It is rather frustrating having to make a new character name on an existing medium to high population server, as anyone who has started a character on a high population server knows. It is even more frustrating to get a good legacy name. And yet more to get that guild name you want. People who pre-purchased the game had that great few day window to get a shot at the names they really wanted. Many of us got one or all of the names we were looking for. Being put in the position of having to shift to a higher population server where we will almost certainly lose those names is so far past frustrating that I cannot adequately express it. Thank you for your time.

Your logic is heavily flawed dude. No one is against transfers, just discrimitory tactics and mishandling of the guild transfers. These are serious issues we've seen them go over before. They miss handle the community by favoring only one portion of it with little information to really keep everyone calm and patient. They cause the fevor. Bioware is at fault.

You my friend have no input of anything to give since you're not affected either way by the transfers. Your opinion can pretty much be considered not important.

No one is against transfers, just discrimitory tactics and mishandling of the guild transfers. These are serious issues we've seen them go over before. They miss handle the community by favoring only one portion of it with little information to really keep everyone calm and patient. They cause the fevor. Bioware is at fault.

QFT and +1 if I could.

Your logic is heavily flawed dude. No one is against transfers, just discrimitory tactics and mishandling of the guild transfers. These are serious issues we've seen them go over before. They miss handle the community by favoring only one portion of it with little information to really keep everyone calm and patient. They cause the fevor. Bioware is at fault.

You my friend have no input of anything to give since you're not affected either way by the transfers. Your opinion can pretty much be considered not important.

And I hope you realize that I'm not here trying to gloss over these valid concerns. There are many people who read threads but never post. And when I see someone making claims that Jung Ma + Ven Zallow is going to be left to rot at mid-Standard, at best, I can't help but feel compelled to adjust that overly pessimistic viewpoint. Lurkers can come away with false information. I've seen and had to correct this in General chat already.

Sorry, but that's just who I am.

The devs and mods did NOT say that combining RP-PvP with RP-PvP was going to be the be all end all of that phase. It will work with RP-PvE, because there are plenty of servers with plenty of population. But if combining all three RP-PvP servers doesn't result in a healthy community, you can rest assured BioWare will do something about that, for free.

And I hope you realize that I'm not here trying to gloss over these valid concerns. There are many people who read threads but never post. And when I see someone making claims that Jung Ma + Ven Zallow is going to be left to rot at mid-Standard, at best, I can't help but feel compelled to adjust that overly pessimistic viewpoint. Lurkers can come away with false information. I've seen and had to correct this in General chat already.

Sorry, but that's just who I am.

The devs and mods did NOT say that combining RP-PvP with RP-PvP was going to be the be all end all of that phase. It will work with RP-PvE, because there are plenty of servers with plenty of population. But if combining all three RP-PvP servers doesn't result in a healthy community, you can rest assured BioWare will do something about that, for free.

You once again fail to read the entire thread and see it for what is fully being said. THey said the only free transfers coming were for dead servers with more in the future with service FEE. They've yet to correct this supposed 'mistake' you magically believe it is.

I like this Game, I do like the company as a whole but they fail consistantly at handling the MMO community and I honestly am not going to sit back and just take in the rear end anymore. I'm not going to wait months on end again with hopes to see free transfers and i'm not going to wait months on end again only to pay them for transfers. I've waited long enough. I've been here since pre launch but I don't think I'll be seeing their shiny new content expansion later this year. I've had enough. But I'm damn well going to use my remaining sub time to help the voices get heard of discontent from constant verbal mishandlings.

Bioware fails at communication consistantly. They say one thing by say three other things at the same time in the same post. Their posters are heavily inconsistant. They like to use big words and lots of paragraphs making it look as if they're doing their best and hardest instead of simply just giving us a run down or an overview of the entire plan.

Giving half truths and Half Plans causes people to get angry and to quit.

Edited by Kindara

Bioware fails at communication consistantly. They say one thing by say three other things at the same time in the same post. Their posters are heavily inconsistant. They like to use big words and lots of paragraphs making it look as if they're doing their best and hardest instead of simply just giving us a run down or an overview of the entire plan.

Absolutely. Stephen Reid is already gone, so who's next? I remember the pre-launch fiasco over a pre-order grace period that Reid promised, but then Bioware/EA redacted on later. Then at the last minute they finally gave a grace period. But it was only after almost the ENTIRE community was complaining about it. It took most of the people on the forums and over twitter/facebook to complain in order for them to live up to their promises.

So what did that teach the community? Well, it reinforced the old saying that the squeaky wheel gets the grease. Sometimes that's a good thing, and sometimes not.

So we're in the same position again, except no "promises" from the past this time, just misleading info the hinted at us having free server transfers. Except the server transfers turn out to be "on-a-rail" just like the space combat, and with EXTREME limitations and no guild moves. Pretty cr@ptastic plans by Bioware. Again. See the pattern?

Edited by cipher_nemo

Absolutely. Stephen Reid is already gone, so who's next? I remember the pre-launch fiasco over a pre-order grace period that Reid promised, but then Bioware/EA redacted on later. Then at the last minute they finally gave a grace period. But it was only after almost the ENTIRE community was complaining about it. It took most of the people on the forums and over twitter/facebook to complain in order for them to live up to their promises.

So what did that teach the community? Well, it reinforced the old saying that the squeaky wheel gets the grease. Sometimes that's a good thing, and sometimes not.

So we're in the same position again, except no "promises" from the past this time, just misleading info the hinted at us having free server transfers. Except the server transfers turn out to be "on-a-rail" just like the space combat, and with EXTREME limitations and no guild moves. Pretty cr@ptastic plans by Bioware.

The squeaky wheel does NOT get the grease. It usually gets mocked, ridiculed or ignored.:D

So we're in the same position again, except no "promises" from the past this time, just misleading info the hinted at us having free server transfers. Except the server transfers turn out to be "on-a-rail" just like the space combat, and with EXTREME limitations and no guild moves. Pretty cr@ptastic plans by Bioware.

Actually the communication has improved a lot after Reid's departure. I understand they can't comment on everything but it's been really nice to see yellow posts even if i don't always agree with them.

I have a question. Lets say in this example I have 6 characters. I move one and leave the other five where they were. From what I understand legacy moves with your character. So do the other 5 characters lose their legacy levels? Or once moved do I have the same legacy level on both servers? What if I move 2 characters to 2 different servers? Will all 3 servers have the legacy levels?

I have a question. Lets say in this example I have 6 characters. I move one and leave the other five where they were. From what I understand legacy moves with your character. So do the other 5 characters lose their legacy levels? Or once moved do I have the same legacy level on both servers? What if I move 2 characters to 2 different servers? Will all 3 servers have the legacy levels?

Yes, you will have 2-3 servers with your highest legacy level in those situations.

You once again fail to read the entire thread and see it for what is fully being said. THey said the only free transfers coming were for dead servers with more in the future with service FEE. They've yet to correct this supposed 'mistake' you magically believe it is.

I like this Game, I do like the company as a whole but they fail consistantly at handling the MMO community and I honestly am not going to sit back and just take in the rear end anymore. I'm not going to wait months on end again with hopes to see free transfers and i'm not going to wait months on end again only to pay them for transfers. I've waited long enough. I've been here since pre launch but I don't think I'll be seeing their shiny new content expansion later this year. I've had enough. But I'm damn well going to use my remaining sub time to help the voices get heard of discontent from constant verbal mishandlings.

And in one's endeavor to understand "the big picture", one must consider everything that was said, including:

Remember, the goal here is to push almost every destination server to an active population that's higher.

And:

Depending on the number of characters transferred, the destination and origin servers eligible for transfer may be altered during the process.

These were mentioned before "The Next Step".

Edited by JeramieCrowe

And in one's endeavor to understand "the big picture", one must consider everything that was said, including:

And:

These were mentioned before "The Next Step".

None of which covers any of the issues that those of us here have. Infact that just makes it worse especially since it means you could end up on different servers than your friends and your guild mates. It also means your stuck on the same SERVER TYPE which there are quite a few that simply want to change types to a community that better fits their playstyle.

The next step of course is to sit, spin, wait, and possibly pay a fee. None of which is acceptable as a way to speak to the community and assure that everyone is getting an equal shot at transfering to a better destination then where they're at.

The only thing your clarifying is your complete inability to read and understand the issues people have with what they've said.

Edited by Kindara

None of which covers any of the issues that those of us here have. Infact that just makes it worse especially since it means you could end up on different servers than your friends and your guild mates. It also means your stuck on the same SERVER TYPE which there are quite a few that simply want to change types to a community that better fits their playstyle.

The next step of course is to sit, spin, wait, and possibly pay a fee. None of which is acceptable as a way to speak to the community and assure that everyone is getting an equal shot at transfering to a better destination then where they're at.

This is a good point. Partial information that gets the community at each others' throats is never good. But neither is assuming things that aren't explicitly stated.

The only thing your clarifying is your complete inability to read and understand the issues people have with what they've said.

Again with the insults. Why? Completely unnecessary. How is stating that assumptions made here are largely baseless in any way, whatsoever, failing to understand the actual concerns?

Because concerns != baseless assumptions.

They're restricting the first-round of free transfers to same SERVER TYPE because that makes the most sense and satisfies the vast majority of players. Only a very small portion would decide to change server types 6 months after launch and have this affect them.

To most people this system is done correctly. Sorry, if you don't like it.

They're restricting the first-round of free transfers to same SERVER TYPE because that makes the most sense and satisfies the vast majority of players. Only a very small portion would decide to change server types 6 months after launch and have this affect them.

To most people this system is done correctly. Sorry, if you don't like it.

Its completely unequal treatment that only one portion of the community is gaurenteed to get a free transfer. Please learn to read.

The next step of course is to sit, spin, wait, and possibly pay a fee.

Hahaha. Yeah, I'm sitting right now. And I think my guild is going to "sit" right now, though some are eager to move to higher pop servers. I keep telling them that PUGing for large ops won't necessarily be any better just because we moved servers. It may improve, but it's not going to change the subscriber low activity levels overnight.

Otherwise, I'm refusing the "spin" since I canceled my sub's auto-renewal. ;)