DLC for a Subbed MMO?

Tkerzis

Anyone that likes this game who wouldn't pay $10 for the stuff listed is a fool.

Anyone that is going to pay for the stuff listed in a P2P MMO is a fool. I'm sorry, but my original purchase and monthly fee should be enough. Paying for content outside of an expansion on a P2P platform is nothing more than a money grab. A money grab I will have no part of.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I love the fact that people are jumping to the conclusion that your going to have to pay for this content. Bioware have said nothing about it, other than its coming.

I personally believe you will have to pay nothing more than the subscription you already pay. Its not an expansion, its just a patch.

Seriously Bioware? Seriously?

I know it's just a survey, but it doesn't bode well:

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0Bw6sp6dpJKRcaDdKTHFnQlp6Wjg/edit?pli=1

They look fake to me as if some spend 10 min on MS Words and uploaded them as "legtimate" documents.

An example is Ewok Companion. As Ender has never been part of the KOTRO universe then why add it ?

I call BS :D

Wow, they don't add anything in 3-4 months so that's 45-60$ wasted then they would charge 10$ for that patch which includes things that were already in the game back in beta then removed for live? Is this for real? Edited by Dreossk

Wow, they don't add anything in 3-4 months so that's 45-60$ wasted then they would charge 10$ for that patch which includes things that were already in the game back in beta then removed for live? Is this serious?

No. It's hysteria being caused by a few people putting spin on something that is in no way official. Happens all the time and I'm surprised people buy into crap like this consistently. As if the first 30 times they were burned didn't get it through their heads to NOT listen to this garbage. Unless Bioware posts something about it or a dev talks about it I wouldn't listen to anything people around here say.

Having purchased BF3 on Saturday and having to wait a day to play the single player campaign and forced to use origin I can answer this poll with a simple:

I will never purchase another EA game, I don't care how good it turns out to be.

Seriously Bioware? Seriously?

I know it's just a survey, but it doesn't bode well:

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0Bw6sp6dpJKRcaDdKTHFnQlp6Wjg/edit?pli=1

Seriously if thats all they want for a "mini-expansion" thats pretty cheap. Also, how do you think "expansion" packs started off? In Everquest there were tons and tons of expansions that were this small and costs around the same amount (the digital expansion that introduced Frogoks was only 10 bucks). I am happy to finally see a MMO go back to this older model of releasing smaller expansions so that way they can turn these out much faster then waiting around for 2 years for a big expansion. I hope they do more of these and do some similar to the expac from Warhammer Online (it was split into 3 parts and you purchased which parts you wanted or all 3 at once)

This is silly mainly because there currently isn't endgame PvP content. Also unless there's more, which there would be had it been an XPAC, it 's not worth it.

Don't get me wrong, I want an xpac for swtor, but it has to include arenas and world PvP, or any type of different endgame than there currently is.

adventure packs are not anything new, EQ has had them for years

DLC is common place in most games, even launch DLC, having the right fit for it in a MMO was only a matter of time IMO, and no im not confusing it with an xpack which would be different to the "adventure pack"

Don't get me wrong, I want an xpac for swtor, but it has to include arenas and world PvP, or any type of different endgame than there currently is.

I think the new planet could be in line with what you want. Hopefully, BW does it right and designs Makeb more conducive to OPvP than most current planet layouts (i.e. complete faction separation). Say, more like Voss, less like Quesh. This, for PvP Servers only of course.

agreed...free to play anyone?

When will people get over this F2P crap with this game? It's EA.. they will not let it go F2P. WAR is a great example. It took them how long to go F2P and I dont think the entire game is even F2P just like the first 10 levels.

edit: Went to check WAR to be 100% sure and yup still a pay 2 play with the same little F2P mini version that WoW has. EA is FAR too greedy to let it go F2P and have proven with WAR that you dont need a crap ton of servers to make money off a MMO. WAR has like 4-5 servers total? if that.

Edited by ArkthosaSWTOR

Either you do a free MMO and charge for content or you put a subscription and add content monthly (which is not the case for 4 months so far).

What subscription MMO adds content every month?

I don't have an issue with the proposed pricing.

Mainly because I don't expect to see this stuff before the fall.

I am interested in how it'll be presented. Depends on how that marketing survey went.

Edited by Nastynas

When will people get over this F2P crap with this game? It's EA.. they will not let it go F2P. WAR is a great example. It took them how long to go F2P and I dont think the entire game is even F2P just like the first 10 levels.

War is not F2P at all, its a totaly different game called Wrath of heroes that is F2P its just a pvp/warzone version of Age of reckoning.

They may have a free trial with a time limit or level cap but anyone who thinks that is f2p is jsut reaching too far.

Can you specify the quote about expansion cost? I'm curious as to where it had been post.

he can't because it doesn't exist. They never called this an expansion pack and they never said they are charging for it he is just making stuff up so he can cause a panic.

Wow, they don't add anything in 5 months so that's 65$ wasted then they would charge 10$ for that patch which includes things that were already in the game back in beta then removed for live? Is this for real?

Nothing was added such as:

2 Flashpoints

1 Operation

1 Warzone

Extended Kragga's Palace

War Hero PvP Gear

Black Hole PvE Gear

Campaign PvE Gear

Did I miss something ?

he can't because it doesn't exist. They never called this an expansion pack and they never said they are charging for it he is just making stuff up so he can cause a panic.

Veracity of the OP's post aside, this is EA we're talking about. Best to assume you will be charged for it.

Wow, they don't add anything in 5 months so that's 65$ wasted then they would charge 10$ for that patch which includes things that were already in the game back in beta then removed for live? Is this for real?

Nothing was added such as:

2 Flashpoints

1 Operation

1 Warzone

Extended Kragga's Palace

War Hero PvP Gear

Black Hole PvE Gear

Campaign PvE Gear

Did I miss something ?

Yeah, these were in the two months in which they added something since the release, hence the 5 other months with nothing (counting on 1.3 being in July, sorry if that's what puzzled you).

Edited by Dreossk

Yeah, these were in the two months in which they added something since the release, hence the 5 other months with nothing (counting on 1.3 being in July, sorry if that's what troubled you).

1.1 - a month after release

Extended Karagga's Palace operation

Kaon Under Siege flashpoint

1.2 - about 3 months after 1.1

Explosive Conflict operation

The Lost Island flashpoint

Novare Coast warzone

Corellia dailies

Legacy system

UI Customization

Guild Banks

Assortments of other changes and additions

Rakghoul Outbreak event

It's been less than 2 months since the last time we got anything new. You're way off. Unless you're saying we should be getting something every month which is, in my opinion, ridiculous. Even if you think you're justified in thinking that way your math is wrong if you anticipate a July launch of 1.3 because that will mean 4 months that didn't see a major patch.

Edited by Varteras